[ROM][11] [OFFICIAL] PixelPlusUI for Redmi Note 9 (merlin, merlinnfc)

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11731185

I will, but you didn't answer my question ? Does anyone has a link to a tried and tested image of twrp ? Please reply.
Ok I visited the faq page you provided, I have the twrp installed from there, its working fine, though one thing anyone new should note : the versions provided are UNOFFICIAL builds and are not verified directly by TWRP project, and the twrp fails to decrypt merlin even with correct password, there is no current fix for this, you will have to remove phone password and then boot into recovery to work around this problem.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Ok I visited the faq page you provided, I have the twrp installed from there, its working fine, though one thing anyone new should note : the versions provided are UNOFFICIAL builds and are not verified directly by TWRP project, and the twrp fails to decrypt merlin even with correct password, there is no current fix for this, you will have to remove phone password and then boot into recovery to work around this problem.
That is a problem with newer android versions.

D

Deleted member 11731185

IMPORTANT : Does this ROM support signature spoofing ??
Edit : I checked and it does not....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 11731185

SIM Card not detected on either slot. Any fix for this? A few people encountered this as well and no one replied.
Can you give as much information as possible ? Today I installed pixel extended and after that I installed pixelplus ui, and everything worked including sim cards. Please give more explanation, like how was the flashing process for you ? Which files did you use ?

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well, I followed the process of unlocking bootloader, flashing vbmeta, recovery, booted to recovery, erased system, flashed rom, rebooted, thats it.

Now I have another problem where twrp failed to decrypt and i can't copy anything to the sdcard while in recovery. I think I may need to do it through fastboot (clean system).

D

Deleted member 11731185

Well, I followed the process of unlocking bootloader, flashing vbmeta, recovery, booted to recovery, erased system, flashed rom, rebooted, thats it.

Now I have another problem where twrp failed to decrypt and i can't copy anything to the sdcard while in recovery. I think I may need to do it through fastboot (clean system).
1. The bug of twrp not being able to decrypt even with correct password is an issue with the android 11. I have that issue as well, just remove the phone password before booting into twrp and you will be fine.
2. Did you flash any miui roms before flashing ppui ?
3. Do not flash any standalone vendor images even from xda, I have seen good phones getting completely hard bricked from doing that.
4. I will tell you the full update process I went through. :-
Install fastboot stock miui ROM (12.0.3 recomended). *DON'T LOCK THE BOOTLOADER IN THE PROCESS.* Watch some videos on youtube on using scripts for flashing miui fastboot roms, there ARE some extra steps in flasing the rom. After that you will have to do a format data in twrp. THEN reboot to recovery again, load the ppui rom in your internal storage. THEN WIPE DAVLIK, DATA, CACHE. DON'T WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE. Then flash the ppui ROM, and when the first boot logo shows up, hold the power button to force reboot to prevent bootloop.

Please tell me what happend afterwards ??

Cutie Stacie

Aug 20, 2016
Flashed with nvdata recovery. Calls periodically stop making, although SMS is working at this time (Ukraine).
What could be the problem?

D

Deleted member 11731185

Flashed with nvdata recovery. Calls periodically stop making, although SMS is working at this time (Ukraine).
What could be the problem?
I don't really know much about nvdata recovery. But I don't have ANY problems with this ROM, seems like you messed something up while flashing. Don't do dirty flash, dont try to restore backups using recovery. If you have time, then start afresh, watch more tutorials, learn about this kind of stuff. Flash properly, I think you'll be good by then...

Reactions: VD171
D

Deleted member 11731185

[DELETED]

Cutie Stacie

Aug 20, 2016
I don't really know much about nvdata recovery. But I don't have ANY problems with this ROM, seems like you messed something up while flashing. Don't do dirty flash, dont try to restore backups using recovery. If you have time, then start afresh, watch more tutorials, learn about this kind of stuff. Flash properly, I think you'll be good by then...
The firmware is flashed as it should. And there are no problems, except periodic problems for calls.

Feb 27, 2021
I like this ROM because it seems to be the only one that actually gets regular updates. Kudos for that!

The problem is: I can't get it to work anymore. The initial release 3.4 (20210411) was fine. Ever since then, it does not work anymore. Just tried 3.7 (20210710) with the same result. I always followed the instructions (clean flash).

The problem is that the system won't boot. But this is not the usual boot loop, where it gets stuck on the logo. Instead, it doesn't even show the logo. After the bootloader, the screen goes black for a second (because it's resetting), I see the bootloader again, and then I find myself in recovery mode. Trying to boot into system again consistently produces the same result.

Once that happens, even flashing a new ROM (one that used to work) does not fix the device. I have to flash the entire original MIUI 12.0.1 ID via the fastboot method first. Then I can flash another custom ROM.

My guess is that some of the other partitions (of which there are way too many, if you ask me) get overwritten and that that's the problem. But I have no idea which one it could be or how to fix it.

Also, the problem does not occur with other ROMs that I've tried (Kraken, ArrowOS, LineageOS). For instance, I'm currently using LineageOS 18.1-20210710 and it works. It's just PixelUIPlus that does this.

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 11731185

I like this ROM because it seems to be the only one that actually gets regular updates. Kudos for that!

The problem is: I can't get it to work anymore. The initial release 3.4 (20210411) was fine. Ever since then, it does not work anymore. Just tried 3.7 (20210710) with the same result. I always followed the instructions (clean flash).

The problem is that the system won't boot. But this is not the usual boot loop, where it gets stuck on the logo. Instead, it doesn't even show the logo. After the bootloader, the screen goes black for a second (because it's resetting), I see the bootloader again, and then I find myself in recovery mode. Trying to boot into system again consistently produces the same result.

Once that happens, even flashing a new ROM (one that used to work) does not fix the device. I have to flash the entire original MIUI 12.0.1 ID via the fastboot method first. Then I can flash another custom ROM.

My guess is that some of the other partitions (of which there are way too many, if you ask me) get overwritten and that that's the problem. But I have no idea which one it could be or how to fix it.

Also, the problem does not occur with other ROMs that I've tried (Kraken, ArrowOS, LineageOS). For instance, I'm currently using LineageOS 18.1-20210710 and it works. It's just PixelUIPlus that does this.

Any ideas?
You are getting into dangerous territory here.(Atleast in my opinion.)
If you are not able to boot into the os, instead to the recovery, then there is something seriously wrong going on. So please, DO NOT TRY TO TINKER WITH THE FLASHING STEPS. DO NOT DOWNLOAD RANDOM VENDOR FILES FROM ANY YOUTUBE VIDEO OR WEBSITE. If you can, please go back to your stock ROM. BECAUSE IF YOU DAMAGE THE PARTITIONS ITSELF, THEN YOUR PHONE WILL BE BRICKED ! Please consider my advice. And dont try to get your stock recovery back. Just keep the twrp recovery.

*PREFERABLY, IF YOU ARE RUNNING LINEAGE OS OR ANY OTHER CUSTOM ROM THEN STAY.ON.IT.....

Cutie Stacie

Aug 20, 2016
It turns out that if you switch to 2G or 3G, the smartphone will not see cellular communication at all. Flashed AL2522-Merlin-V039-Q- 0513 md1img for 2 imei. Could this affect?

(google translate)

sabin72246

Jun 12, 2021
Flashed this rom on 12.0.1.0 RJOMIXM and its now stuck on bootloop ? How to i fix it or revert to usable miui ?

George528

Apr 24, 2021
Redmi Note 9
TWRP developers doesnt provide an official version for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9, and i don't want to install the unofficial version since i had unpleasant expierince in the past. So i wanted to flash the rom without twrp using this guide: https://www.androidjungles.com/flash-custom-rom-without-twrp-recovery
the problem is that the custom rom doesn't haver a payload.bin file, where do i get it from?
I tried downloading official OTA zip for merlin, but still can't find the payload.bin

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 21

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

foReqPr.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

GmPdZBS.png

PixelPlusUI is a Pixel Experience based ROM with some more friendly user experience. What differentiates us from the rest, you ask? Well that's why you're here. LET'S FIND OUT. It has additional localised and personalized functionality while preserving the stock Android look by adhering to Material Design guidelines. Unlike OEMs' slow and untimely updates, we closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolonging support to devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open source, secure, stable and outstanding. Your experience using PixelPlusUI will be butter smooth with added convenience and features. So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android or even be one of our developers. Let's bring this project to greater heights! PixelPlusUI is a minimal and close to stock Android ROM which offers great performance and stability with many awesome features. The main aim of this rom is to give user a better experience without compromising quality of Android experience so that no one struggles in any kind of difficulties while using their device. PixelPlusUI brings a better UI/UX to Android with a seamless experience coupled with customisations and user security. But this doesn't mean our aim is to provide all the customisation available on the planet. We are focused on a cleaner, more Material design approach with Pixel Goodies. So sit back and enjoy PixelPlusUI on your device!

IVvuDEK.png

- Kostya Maslennikov - Founder & Lead Developer
    - Saurav - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

xTx1CqW.png

NOTE: As of now PixelPlusUI A11 [ R ] is still in beta so features mentioned below may or may not be present when you are flashing the build.
    But when it will get stable u will get every features mentioned below. KEEP PATIENCE !!

Code:
    Statusbar :
    Introduce dynamic VoLTE & VoWiFi icons 
    OOS Styled Network Traffic Activity Indicator
    Hiding Statusbar on lockscreen

Quick settings :
    Useful new tiles like sync, Data Switch, AOD , etc
    Require unlocking QS tiles
    WIFI/NFC, Mobile Data, Bluetooth Panel instead of full Settings

Themes :
    PixelPlusUI Paper App
    Pixel Theme Picker
    More color accents, clocks and fonts
    Introduce 404 IDE Clock, Sammy highlight clock, Divided Lines Clock, MNML Clock, Fluid lockscreen clock, SFUNY clock, etc in Display/Style and Wallpapers

Hardware Buttons : 
    Advance Restart
    Expanded volume panel
    Power Menu Customizations
    Disabled Annoying Emergency button in power menu

Navigation :
    Navigation bar layout invertion
    Introduce HW Keys backlight & brightness control

Notifications :
    Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
    Gaming mode
    Add unlinked ringtone and notification volumes
    Incall vibration options
    Heads-up & Less boring heads-up

Gestures :
    3-finger screenshot gesture
    Added Long Screenshot
    Double tap to sleep on statusbar and lockscreen
    Statusbar brightness control 

Security :
    FaceUnlock on OFFCIAL
    Protect sensitive info on About device

Settings :
    Introduce Android 12 Style Search bar
    New beautiful BatteryMeterView 
    Brand New PixelPlusUI info in about device 

Extra :
    Support for internal audio recording
    Pixel Charger Animation
    Implement cutout force full screen
    Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation

Miscellaneous :
    Pixel 5 Goodies
    OTA Updates
    Russian, Ukrainian, French, Polish, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Brazilian, and etc translations

And Much More As Source keeps updating So Hard to keep all updated.

OUrMFhs.png

SourceForge! [ TAP HERE ]

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

pmZkslu.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    - Download the latest build
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash the latest build
    - Wipe Dalvik/Art, Cache, Data, Internal
    - Reboot
    - First(or even 2nd) boot may be bootloop, to fix that, follow this guide: https://telegra.ph/Flash-Steps-03-08

What works?

Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work?

Nothing yet
    You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
    for more READ THIS

a6njYr9.png

- Android Open-Source Project
    - Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Fluid OS
    - Havoc-OS
    - ProtonAOSP
    - Potato Open Source Project
    - Evolution-X

- Others, I forgot to mention

PixelPlusUI XDA Logo and Banners
    - Virendra

mzlfqhe.png

- Android OS version: 11.0
    - Security patch: March 2021
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : Box_Boi
    - DEVICE: REDMI NOTE 9
    - DEVICE CODENAME: MERLIN

Sources and Documentation

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES

aNanj7v.png

TELEGRAM CHANNEL
    TELEGRAM GROUP

------------------ DONATION LINKS ------------------

AS WE KNOW THAT THE BUILD IS FREE OF COST FOR YOU GUYS BUT BUILDING ROMs NEED SERVER SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT EVERY MONTH AND ITS A BIG AMOUNT SO AS A STUDENT ITS DIFFICULT TO MANAGE IT. IT WOULD BE HELPFULL AND REALLY APPRECIATED IF YOU SUPPORT US

PAYTM UPI ID : dwarmachine24@paytm
    GPAY UPI ID: dwarmachine24@oksbi

PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

This is encouraging. I did make an effort to look for 12.03 global. Do you have a dl link handy?
    You can just downgrade the vendor before installing the rom.
    Basically just flash this before the rom and it should install
    hi guys, what version of vendor is needed to install the rom PixelPlusUI_3.4_merlin-11.0-20210422-1819-OFFICIAL
    Thanks @woahitspaulo, I tried a PBRP recoveries as well with little success, but this is a nice succinct summary of the steps. To install Magisk I extracted the boot.img contained in the release zip file, patched it via the Magisk app and flashed it again with
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot ./patched_boot.img

And big thanks to @Evan_Ferrao, @sourav24071999 and the rest of the PPUI team! My phone runs much better now and I look forward to future updates of the ROM :D
    Well many more stable and efficient builds coming soon ❤️ keep supporting