[ROM][11] [OFFICIAL] PixelPlusUI for Redmi Note 9 (merlin, merlinnfc)

Search This thread

vagelis199

Jun 5, 2014
Hmm, I updated rom from 3.5 to 3.10 and I cleared the dalvik + cache before updating firmware. I remember there being a bootloop issue on 3.5 after seeing the PPUI logo where I had to force phone off just as logo appeared. Not sure if that could help here?
I updated from 3.9 to 3.10 and I'm stuck at boot loop on the redmi logo, I can't even enter recovery

vagelis199

Jun 5, 2014
Great OTA update guys! it hard bricked my phone, can't even enter fast boot.

P.s if the software is that unstable that causes hard bricks, disable completely the OTA Mr developers.

20Holmes20

Aug 22, 2018
Found a bug.

My wired earphones has 2 volume buttons + 1 action button. The action (play/pause) button works fine but the volume buttons don't. The buttons were working fine with the stock MIUI.

When pressed, they select or highlight the first thing under the status bar, a second press is like a touch, see attached photos. (Sometimes they just don't do anything)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-172243.png
    Screenshot_20211020-172243.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20211020-172145207.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-172145207.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20211020-172302.png
    Screenshot_20211020-172302.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 111

renorednose

Jan 9, 2020
Redmi Note 9
The v3.10 works very well, unlike previous versions this already comes with the firmware of android 11, so it can be installed on 12.5.2.0.RJOMIXM, if you have a version of miui prior to 12.0.1.0.RJOMIXM or if you installed another build of ppui on miui android 10 it will give you bootloop and you will have to update the firmware manually.

Reactions: Laylala
Jan 3, 2015
Redmi Note 9
I updated from 3.9 to 3.10 and I'm stuck at boot loop on the redmi logo, I can't even enter recovery
Everything was working fine until now. After I did my update previously it nuked my Magisk so last night I open the magisk app and update it then I press and hold the power button and select "Boot to recovery", my phone restarts and then the Redmi bootloop begins. This is pretty frustrating ffs 😒

I don't think the magisk update was related -- I think the reboot to recovery might be the culprit.

vagelis199

Jun 5, 2014
Everything was working fine until now. After I did my update previously it nuked my Magisk so last night I open the magisk app and update it then I press and hold the power button and select "Boot to recovery", my phone restarts and then the Redmi bootloop begins. This is pretty frustrating ffs 😒

I don't think the magisk update was related -- I think the reboot to recovery might be the culprit.
Use the guide i linked above

edisnord

Mar 26, 2021
Rom installed, runs fine but my phone keeps rebooting into a black screen that takes multiple attempts at hard resetting to get out of, and when it boots it keeps a turned on black screen for a few seconds, until it shows the redmi screen. It happens when my phone rings, when my alarms ring and randomly sometimes.

JaneKPL312

Nov 4, 2017
Goleniów
I have a question, will any banking apps still work on this ROM without any information like 'your device system is custom' or something? Also, will Google Pay still work?

Laylala

Jan 23, 2022
The v3.10 works very well, unlike previous versions this already comes with the firmware of android 11, so it can be installed on 12.5.2.0.RJOMIXM, if you have a version of miui prior to 12.0.1.0.RJOMIXM or if you installed another build of ppui on miui android 10 it will give you bootloop and you will have to update the firmware manually.
What recovery did you use in 12.5? Did you also flash vbmeta? I had a hard time getting out of the hardbrick and I don't want to be wrong again. u.u Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

foReqPr.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

GmPdZBS.png

PixelPlusUI is a Pixel Experience based ROM with some more friendly user experience. What differentiates us from the rest, you ask? Well that's why you're here. LET'S FIND OUT. It has additional localised and personalized functionality while preserving the stock Android look by adhering to Material Design guidelines. Unlike OEMs' slow and untimely updates, we closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolonging support to devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open source, secure, stable and outstanding. Your experience using PixelPlusUI will be butter smooth with added convenience and features. So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android or even be one of our developers. Let's bring this project to greater heights! PixelPlusUI is a minimal and close to stock Android ROM which offers great performance and stability with many awesome features. The main aim of this rom is to give user a better experience without compromising quality of Android experience so that no one struggles in any kind of difficulties while using their device. PixelPlusUI brings a better UI/UX to Android with a seamless experience coupled with customisations and user security. But this doesn't mean our aim is to provide all the customisation available on the planet. We are focused on a cleaner, more Material design approach with Pixel Goodies. So sit back and enjoy PixelPlusUI on your device!

IVvuDEK.png

- Kostya Maslennikov - Founder & Lead Developer
    - Saurav - Developer & Support Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

xTx1CqW.png

NOTE: As of now PixelPlusUI A11 [ R ] is still in beta so features mentioned below may or may not be present when you are flashing the build.
    But when it will get stable u will get every features mentioned below. KEEP PATIENCE !!

Code:
    Statusbar :
    Introduce dynamic VoLTE & VoWiFi icons 
    OOS Styled Network Traffic Activity Indicator
    Hiding Statusbar on lockscreen

Quick settings :
    Useful new tiles like sync, Data Switch, AOD , etc
    Require unlocking QS tiles
    WIFI/NFC, Mobile Data, Bluetooth Panel instead of full Settings

Themes :
    PixelPlusUI Paper App
    Pixel Theme Picker
    More color accents, clocks and fonts
    Introduce 404 IDE Clock, Sammy highlight clock, Divided Lines Clock, MNML Clock, Fluid lockscreen clock, SFUNY clock, etc in Display/Style and Wallpapers

Hardware Buttons : 
    Advance Restart
    Expanded volume panel
    Power Menu Customizations
    Disabled Annoying Emergency button in power menu

Navigation :
    Navigation bar layout invertion
    Introduce HW Keys backlight & brightness control

Notifications :
    Allow to suppress notifications sound/vibration if screen is ON
    Gaming mode
    Add unlinked ringtone and notification volumes
    Incall vibration options
    Heads-up & Less boring heads-up

Gestures :
    3-finger screenshot gesture
    Added Long Screenshot
    Double tap to sleep on statusbar and lockscreen
    Statusbar brightness control 

Security :
    FaceUnlock on OFFCIAL
    Protect sensitive info on About device

Settings :
    Introduce Android 12 Style Search bar
    New beautiful BatteryMeterView 
    Brand New PixelPlusUI info in about device 

Extra :
    Support for internal audio recording
    Pixel Charger Animation
    Implement cutout force full screen
    Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation

Miscellaneous :
    Pixel 5 Goodies
    OTA Updates
    Russian, Ukrainian, French, Polish, Turkish, Azerbaijani, Brazilian, and etc translations

And Much More As Source keeps updating So Hard to keep all updated.

OUrMFhs.png

SourceForge! [ TAP HERE ]

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

pmZkslu.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    - Download the latest build
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash the latest build
    - Wipe Dalvik/Art, Cache, Data, Internal
    - Reboot
    - First(or even 2nd) boot may be bootloop, to fix that, follow this guide: https://telegra.ph/Flash-Steps-03-08

What works?

Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work?

Nothing yet
    You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.
    for more READ THIS

a6njYr9.png

- Android Open-Source Project
    - Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Fluid OS
    - Havoc-OS
    - ProtonAOSP
    - Potato Open Source Project
    - Evolution-X

- Others, I forgot to mention

PixelPlusUI XDA Logo and Banners
    - Virendra

mzlfqhe.png

- Android OS version: 11.0
    - Security patch: March 2021
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : Box_Boi
    - DEVICE: REDMI NOTE 9
    - DEVICE CODENAME: MERLIN

Sources and Documentation

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES

aNanj7v.png

TELEGRAM CHANNEL
    TELEGRAM GROUP

------------------ DONATION LINKS ------------------

AS WE KNOW THAT THE BUILD IS FREE OF COST FOR YOU GUYS BUT BUILDING ROMs NEED SERVER SO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT EVERY MONTH AND ITS A BIG AMOUNT SO AS A STUDENT ITS DIFFICULT TO MANAGE IT. IT WOULD BE HELPFULL AND REALLY APPRECIATED IF YOU SUPPORT US

PAYTM UPI ID : dwarmachine24@paytm
    GPAY UPI ID: dwarmachine24@oksbi

PAYPAL: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24

This is encouraging. I did make an effort to look for 12.03 global. Do you have a dl link handy?
    You can just downgrade the vendor before installing the rom.
    Basically just flash this before the rom and it should install
    hi guys, what version of vendor is needed to install the rom PixelPlusUI_3.4_merlin-11.0-20210422-1819-OFFICIAL
    Thanks @woahitspaulo, I tried a PBRP recoveries as well with little success, but this is a nice succinct summary of the steps. To install Magisk I extracted the boot.img contained in the release zip file, patched it via the Magisk app and flashed it again with
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot ./patched_boot.img

And big thanks to @Evan_Ferrao, @sourav24071999 and the rest of the PPUI team! My phone runs much better now and I look forward to future updates of the ROM :D
    Well many more stable and efficient builds coming soon ❤️ keep supporting