• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-1.7-ASTRA

Search This thread

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
Which options are save to do a full backup with TWRP? I made a backup and tried some apps and then wanted to make a restore, now the phone stucks in "Phone is starting ..." screen after restoring the backup.

Edit: Can we also get a checksum for the official files in first post :) Thanks
It is not recommended to use twrp for backup

Yeah I can do that in future

parser

Feb 19, 2011
Mersin
Screenshot_20210624-083646_Nova_Launcher.png

Hey @alibei, it doesn't seem to be fast charging, I waited around a minute to see maybe 30watts but stuck again at 9 and did not go higher.

BTW kudos about battery life! The phone is rock solid and the battery drain is so low, it took me hours to drop it %10. I hope you can do the same kernel for stock Roms in the future

Update: highest I saw is 13watts

Last edited:

MinimalDroid

Jun 14, 2021
Did anyone ever recovered a nandroid backup with TWRP without stucking in "Phone is starting ..." screen? If yes which partitions need to be backuped? If not, which tool to do a full backup ? :) Thanks

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
View attachment 5346391

Hey @alibei, it doesn't seem to be fast charging, I waited around a minute to see maybe 30watts but stuck again at 9 and did not go higher.

BTW kudos about battery life! The phone is rock solid and the battery drain is so low, it took me hours to drop it %10. I hope you can do the same kernel for stock Roms in the future

Update: highest I saw is 13watts
I will send you later a different kernel then you can test again

Reactions: parser

MinimalDroid

Jun 14, 2021
I just found one small bug :p When you use the profile switch from the dropdown quicklinks then the System UI crashes.

I have a profile for sleep with flightmode on and GPS, WLAN, BT off. And another one for home with flightmode off, WLAN, BT, on. When I toggle between these then it crashes.

MinimalDroid

Jun 14, 2021
Yesterday I used the phone until about 11pm. Then today morning display won't turn on. So I had to press power button for about 10sec and after reboot everything was fine. The logs don't show anything because the last entries are from around 9:30 pm. This never happend before. Just want to report.

Screenshot_20210626-050828_Logcat_Reader.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How r u doing mate? Feeling better?
    Yes feeling better but they still don't know why I loose weight.

The next update will come soon. But only updated with the security patch. The device trees are getting reworked
    Just a question about hands free talking mode. People sometimes complain that they get an echo of their own voice. They never complained with stock rom. Maybe its not ROM related, but just wanted to know if you guys experience the same or not.
    Hello Developer of rom is taking a break and we are patiently waiting for anx camera port from another dev. In short - just have to wait
    Hi, this port is not working on los based roms. Already tried it
    Just installed, google pay let me add a card, so I am staying and not going back to MIUI! Cheers @alibei
    Ngl, I just thought that there would be a bit more customization like Havoc OS or RR. Nevertheless, please any idea how to get the stock cam please?
    Just havent found it, but PLEASE, is there always on display? The stock MIUI one was terrible. And I loved the one on RR
    I've been running lineage os on the latest build for almost a month now. How does this compare to cipher os?

Lineage os has been great but on my experience it has 3 main issues, at least in my device

1-sometimes it freezes completely. It could happen either every 4 or 5 days once, or sometimes 3 times in a day. It just freezes, the screen remains on and it becomes unresponsive, I have to reboot.

2- some of the working apps I use detect the phone has root and won't work, even tho I didn't root the phone, I just unlocked the bootloader and installed twrp.

3- under screen fingerprint is just not working right. I'm talking 5 straight attempts telling me that is not recognized. Only 1 out of 10 attempts will recognize the finger right away.

So, does cipher has the same short comings? More? Less?
    These bugs get fixed in the update after the one which comes tomorrow / day after tomorrow
    banner.png

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS CRYPTO , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here
    Only the GAPPS version comes with OTA

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

No need to flash fw
    2. (On some devices a full miui V12.1.5.0 flash was required (fastboot version))
    3. Download my TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports to take a backup of persist. I am not responsible if you loose RIL, WIFI, etc...
    if you break persist)
    4. Flash my TWRP or your ROM does not work
    5. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Product and Vendor
    6. (Yes you have to wipe product. The old partition name was cust, but we use it now as product)
    7. Format data
    8. Reboot to recovery
    9. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    10. Flash CipherOS

For Magisk users:

Please boot CipherOS fully up
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash Magisk

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version
    2. Copy it to your phone
    3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. Reboot

Update the ROM for Magisk users(if your device does not boot after the update):

Open the CipherOS zip
    2. Copy the boot.img from the zip to your phone
    3. Flash the boot.img in the recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    5. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

New update is out. Now we are official.
    Official will be released in next few days
    How r u doing mate? Feeling better?
    Yes feeling better but they still don't know why I loose weight.

The next update will come soon. But only updated with the security patch. The device trees are getting reworked
    Great rom Alibei, thanks a lot!
    Only bug for me so far is microphone when on speaker phone. It sound like I'm under water according to the persons I talk to. Normal mic and Bluetooth mic works great.
    Do you think this is firmware, gapps or ROM related? Full disclosure: I use full nikgapps with tweaked nikgapps.config to enable Android Auto and Google backups during initial setup. Any chance this could be solved if I flash latest weekly Chinese firmware? 🤔
    No it's a problem on my side. I already working on this