• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-1.7-ASTRA

Search This thread

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I strongly advice you not to install ANXCam,
because:

1- after all that effort of getting chinese spyware away from your phone, you want to re-flash an essential part of the original miui software package?

2- impactful permissions have to be granted for ANXCam to work (more than any pure camera app really needs)

3- GCam simply works great.

I use GCam 7.3.018 from Urnyx05, v2.5, all lenses enabled in settings).

Always think twice what you want to put on your phone.
Totally agree with the spyware bit, but ANXCam is just a simple port of the MIUI Camera. I doubt MIUI decided to use the camera app of all things to do so. The developers of ANXCam are in no way tied to Xiaomi.

Also, I'm not sure where you gathered that ANXCam requires more permissions than any other camera app. It requires use of the camera, files for storage, and the microphone for sound. All of which you can limit in CipherOS to only run while in the app. Those are the exact same permissions GCam uses.

Logitech21

Mar 22, 2011
I have a Bluetooth audio problem. Sound is distorted(boom/overvolume). I use a viper4android and or without it the problem is available. Is there a solution?

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
Testing out the Test Build now! Couldn't find a change log apart from the updated trees and kernel. Are there any improvements to Cipher that you've seen in the test build? And thank you for your work.
Better fod, more responsive, no freezes anymore. But GPS does not work in this version but it's already fixed. Also in the next build anx v202 is working

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I am experiencing a bug in which the phone randomly powers off in the latest test build. I experienced this bug in the last stable build of Cipher as well, but it was far less common and would only happen overnight sometimes (ie. once every 2 weeks). Since I've been on the test build it's happened 5 times in the last 24 hours. I'm not totally sure if the phone is fully turning off, or if the display is dying.

The phone powering off doesn't seem to be related to any app or action I take on the phone, it just happens at seemingly random times. I will continue to use the test build and hopefully we can figure out why it's happening. I wonder if it is related or the same issue as the one you were having earlier with systemui/display dying? Figured I would let you know, thanks!

Edit: I have noticed a great improvement in the fingerprint on the test build, cheers!

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
I am experiencing a bug in which the phone randomly powers off in the latest test build. I experienced this bug in the last stable build of Cipher as well, but it was far less common and would only happen overnight sometimes (ie. once every 2 weeks). Since I've been on the test build it's happened 5 times in the last 24 hours. I'm not totally sure if the phone is fully turning off, or if the display is dying.

The phone powering off doesn't seem to be related to any app or action I take on the phone, it just happens at seemingly random times. I will continue to use the test build and hopefully we can figure out why it's happening. I wonder if it is related or the same issue as the one you were having earlier with systemui/display dying? Figured I would let you know, thanks!

Edit: I have noticed a great improvement in the fingerprint on the test build, cheers!
Wait you had a random reboot or freeze? I used the test version for 2 days and had not that issue. The next time that happens can you reboot to recovery and send me the file console-ramoops-0 which is in the path /sys/fs/pstore ?

Edit: I just released a new test build

Reactions: fabiodifa

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Wait you had a random reboot or freeze? I used the test version for 2 days and had not that issue. The next time that happens can you reboot to recovery and send me the file console-ramoops-0 which is in the path /sys/fs/pstore ?

Edit: I just released a new test build
Absolutely, will do. I'm not sure whether the phone powers off completely or if the display just dies, but the power button does not power the screen back on.

I'll update to new test build and send you that file if it happens again. Hasn't happened in 12 hours, curiously.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Audio recorder and video only use one mic ,no stereo recorder. Any fix for this ?
    Is fixed in the next version which makes a bit trouble currently
    banner.png

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS CRYPTO , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here
    Only the GAPPS version comes with OTA

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

No need to flash fw
    2. (On some devices a full miui V12.1.5.0 flash was required (fastboot version))
    3. Download my TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports to take a backup of persist. I am not responsible if you loose RIL, WIFI, etc...
    if you break persist)
    4. Flash my TWRP or your ROM does not work
    5. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Product and Vendor
    6. (Yes you have to wipe product. The old partition name was cust, but we use it now as product)
    7. Format data
    8. Reboot to recovery
    9. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    10. Flash CipherOS

For Magisk users:

Please boot CipherOS fully up
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash Magisk

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version
    2. Copy it to your phone
    3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. Reboot

Update the ROM for Magisk users(if your device does not boot after the update):

Open the CipherOS zip
    2. Copy the boot.img from the zip to your phone
    3. Flash the boot.img in the recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    5. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    Official will be released in next few days