[ROM][11][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-1.7-ASTRA

Search This thread

mateusbatera

Mar 28, 2011
Yeah gapps can cause this issue. We are official-official not official-unofficial

Hi, I'm using the unofficial version of COS with full Gapps package (except for a few apps). Is there any way to update to official with a "dirty" flash without getting stuck with a bootloop? What I'm trying to avoid is all the hassle of having to setup all my apps and preferences over again.

Hi, I'm using the unofficial version of COS with full Gapps package (except for a few apps). Is there any way to update to official with a "dirty" flash without getting stuck with a bootloop? What I'm trying to avoid is all the hassle of having to setup all my apps and preferences over again.
I got bootloop but after reflashing also gapps it boots normally and all my apps and settings were kept.

Reactions: Jaymaple

alibei

• Jan 1, 2017
    Deggendorf
    Great rom Alibei, thanks a lot!
    Only bug for me so far is microphone when on speaker phone. It sound like I'm under water according to the persons I talk to. Normal mic and Bluetooth mic works great.
    Do you think this is firmware, gapps or ROM related? Full disclosure: I use full nikgapps with tweaked nikgapps.config to enable Android Auto and Google backups during initial setup. Any chance this could be solved if I flash latest weekly Chinese firmware? 🤔
    The mic should be and the offline charging is fixed in the next update. At least the testers said the mic quality in speaker mode is now good.

mateusbatera

Mar 28, 2011
    I got bootloop but after reflashing also gapps it boots normally and all my apps and settings were kept.
    So let me check if I got everything straight. To update I must:

1. Download the latest ROM (.zip) to my phone's storage.
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Flash the new ROM.
    4. Wipe Dalvik.
    5. Re-flash GApps.
    6. Reboot.
    PS: I have Magisk installed, do I need to follow the steps below as well?
    1. Open the Lineage zip
    2. Copy the boot.img from the zip to your phone
    3. Flash the boot.img in the recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    5. Reboot

Reactions: Jaymaple

boksko

May 22, 2018
    Xiaomi Mi A1
    Xiaomi Mi Note 10
    Hi!
    I've got some problems with the gapps, this is what i've done step by step:
    >followed description 3-11, tried OS, looked good
    >went back to twrp, flashed core apps, worked ok but realized i have no restore function from google drive
    >3-11 again, downloaded gapps full, forced to /system
    //.config is in the afzc folder, the commented line is literally in the 4th row, but you won't find it with ctrl+f, i've spent 40 minutes with this step help me im dying//
    >installed gapps with default values
    >got my restore screen, apps and data back, but the system was crashed: home and switch app button didn't worked, I had no system navigation option in the gesture settings, the nav bar was stuck
    >clean reinstall, modified the .config and skipped pixelize, pixellauncher, chrome and corego packages and all addons except the 3 vanced ones (yt music and books also weren't installed, but these shouldn't matter)

Now I have the gesture navigation back, buttons, nav bar also ok. Although google services need permissions to restore data. If i don't give it, the screen stucks with the data transfer logo. The system even asks for it (sms, phone and contacts maybe), went for the permissions, tried to allow all of them (lol), but sms and call logs stuck in the denied option. Clock is bugged, as alibei said.

Also my gestures menu is kinda strange, I think I should have more options here.
    Screenshot_20210519-012156_Settings.png

I will play with the .config tomorrow, but if anyone has a clue, how to solve this, please help :D

[edit]
    factory reset solved the most of it, clock and restore is ok, but no gesture options (e.g. 3-finger-swipe for screenschot)

Last edited:

parser

Feb 19, 2011
    Mersin
    Whatever I do, fod does not work reliably. it saves my finger all right but when it comes unlock it says not recognized all the time.

Interestingly it was working okayish last night when I installed the new Rom but early this morning, I couldn't unlock, whatever I do I got the error :(

I just came from the latest miui weekly and fod was calibrated before I installed ciperos

Besides turbo charging doesn't work reliably, it stays slowly charging until like %80 then it says turbo charging. Is it normal?

Last edited:
    Hi!
    >went back to twrp, flashed core apps, worked ok but realized i have no restore function from google drive
    //.config is in the afzc folder, the commented line is literally in the 4th row, but you won't find it with ctrl+f, i've spent 40 minutes with this step help me im dying//
    >got my restore screen, apps and data back, but the system was crashed: home and switch app button didn't worked, I had no system navigation option in the gesture settings, the nav bar was stuck
    >clean reinstall, modified the .config and skipped pixelize, pixellauncher, chrome and corego packages and all addons except the 3 vanced ones (yt music and books also weren't installed, but these shouldn't matter)

Now I have the gesture navigation back, buttons, nav bar also ok. Although google services need permissions to restore data. If i don't give it, the screen stucks with the data transfer logo. The system even asks for it (sms, phone and contacts maybe), went for the permissions, tried to allow all of them (lol), but sms and call logs stuck in the denied option. Clock is bugged, as alibei said.
    Also my gestures menu is kinda strange, I thing I should have more options here.
    View attachment 5313447

I will play with the .config tomorrow, but if anyone has a clue, how to solve this, please help :D
    I had same issue with the permissions for Google play services. I finally managed to allow SMS permission and then I could restore all my apps and settings. I'm not fully sure what did it in the end but I forced stop google play services, cleared storage on g. play service and tried approving SMS permissions several times. I also did a reboot and finally it worked... My guesture menu also seems to lack some options now when you mention it but nothing I really miss

Reactions: Jaymaple and boksko

Jhonyx7

Oct 1, 2017
    I understand that if I have an EU Rom installed, I must first install a MIUI Rom and then flash this Rom?

Last edited by a moderator:

boksko

May 22, 2018
    Xiaomi Mi A1
    Xiaomi Mi Note 10
    I had same issue with the permissions for Google play services. I finally managed to allow SMS permission and then I could restore all my apps and settings. I'm not fully sure what did it in the end but I forced stop google play services, cleared storage on g. play service and tried approving SMS permissions several times. I also did a reboot and finally it worked... My guesture menu also seems to lack some options now when you mention it but nothing I really miss
    Thanks, after a single factory reset it worked. I have also flashed back the clean cipher and it seems like, we don't have Swipe to screenshot at all.

alibei

• Jan 1, 2017
    Deggendorf
    Hi!

Also my gestures menu is kinda strange, I thing I should have more options here.
    View attachment 5313447

[edit]
    factory reset solved the most of it, clock and restore is ok, but no gesture options (e.g. 3-finger-swipe for screenschot)
    These are all gesture settings

Reactions: boksko

alibei

• Jan 1, 2017
    Deggendorf
    Whatever I do, fod does not work reliably. it saves my finger all right but when it comes unlock it says not recognized all the time.

Interestingly it was working okayish last night when I installed the new Rom but early this morning, I couldn't unlock, whatever I do I got the error :(

I just came from the latest miui weekly and fod was calibrated before I installed ciperos

Besides turbo charging doesn't work reliably, it stays slowly charging until like %80 then it says turbo charging. Is it normal?
    Do you use the stock cable and stock charger?

alibei

• Jan 1, 2017
    Deggendorf

Do you know how to make a logcat? If yes please send me one in a PM. But maybe I have an Idea now. Tucana uses two types of fod sensors. Maybe the other one is making some problems. I will look into that

Last edited:
    Reactions: parser

parser

Feb 19, 2011
    Mersin
    Do you know how to make a logcat? If yes please send me one in a PM. But maybe I have an Idea now. Tucana uses to types of fod sensor. Maybe the other one is making some problems. I will look into that
    There was an app for it I think I will download it ans will try to get a logcat for you, I presume you need a logcat while charging an one when I am trying to unlock screen with fod?

Top Liked Posts

An update following the latest release; fod is better than before, somehow it is snappy and failure free atm. Recognition is faster and it fails only if I don't put my finger right.

I ordered 33watt charger, it should arrive today. I don't feel like I need to install miui again lol :D

Maybe camera, i can't use gcam that good, mi camera app is stupid proof for me lol :D
      The mi camera app is currently not working on cipher (Lineage hal's)
      Yep pin in the middle and red-orange headed on both USB a and usb c ends of the cable.
      How full is your battery? Because fast charge does deactivate when it is higher than 82~85%
      So the new update is out. And yes it comes with face unlock and third party fod unlock is working too. FW is for now on included.

If you want to switch to the gapps variant, then a clean flash is advised.
      New update is out! With better battery life and I removed the yellow tint from the display colors. Maybe you have to revert your changes to the colors.
      3'rd party fod is fixed in the next CipherOS update
      Is there a way for getting rid of the warning message:
      "Trust: This build was signed with public keys" ?

It pops up everytime when starting the system. Sorry for asking so many questions.
      Yes go to settings -> privacy -> trust -> Click on Build Signature
      is there a way to install stock miui camera app on this rom? thanks
      ANX cam is currently not working well with A11. @Chemuski1 is working on a port.
      banner.png

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
      /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      */

With the release of CipherOS CRYPTO , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here
      Only the GAPPS version comes with OTA

team.png
      The people working towards bringing you this release are:
      installation.png

Installing:

No need to flash fw
      2. (On some devices a full miui V12.1.5.0 flash was required (fastboot version))
      3. Download my TWRP here
      (This TWRP supports to take a backup of persist. I am not responsible if you loose RIL, WIFI, etc...
      if you break persist)
      4. Flash my TWRP or your ROM does not work
      5. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Product and Vendor
      6. (Yes you have to wipe product. The old partition name was cust, but we use it now as product)
      7. Format data
      8. Reboot to recovery
      9. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
      10. Flash CipherOS

For Magisk users:

Please boot CipherOS fully up
      2. Reboot to recovery
      3. Flash Magisk

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version
      2. Copy it to your phone
      3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery
      4. Wipe dalvik
      5. Reboot

Update the ROM for Magisk users(if your device does not boot after the update):

Open the CipherOS zip
      2. Copy the boot.img from the zip to your phone
      3. Flash the boot.img in the recovery
      4. Flash Magisk
      5. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Official will be released in next few days
      New update is out. Now we are official.
      New update is out. You will get an ota notification (or just check for an update in the updater). Offline charging is fixed, gestures are fixed, mic issues are fixed
      Great rom Alibei, thanks a lot!
      Only bug for me so far is microphone when on speaker phone. It sound like I'm under water according to the persons I talk to. Normal mic and Bluetooth mic works great.
      Do you think this is firmware, gapps or ROM related? Full disclosure: I use full nikgapps with tweaked nikgapps.config to enable Android Auto and Google backups during initial setup. Any chance this could be solved if I flash latest weekly Chinese firmware? 🤔
      No it's a problem on my side. I already working on this