• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-1.7-ASTRA

Search This thread

Lord Sithek

Agreed, I just can't seem to get TWRP backup to work correctly.
Titanium is obsolete. I always use Migrate, much more reliable. Somebody told about Alpha Backup, it's available on Play Store, Pro version is free at the moment (I don't know how much longer), looks like powerful tool, but personally I haven't tried it yet

Jaymaple

Mar 26, 2021
So the new update is out. And yes it comes with face unlock and third party fod unlock is working too. FW is for now on included.

If you want to switch to the gapps variant, then a clean flash is advised.

Thank you for your continued development of this ROM. Will test functions. I hope we can find a way to get maximum from Camera, anyone get ANX to work fully on Cipher 1.7? 📷

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
which is the best gcam actually for tucana? I don't understand the fact of the persist backup, flashing this Rom could cause accidentally to damage persist ? Once i make the backup do I need to copy the files on a PC ?
No you can ignore the persist stuff this is only for expert users who know what they are doing. I'm using bsg GCam

eamon.ash

May 22, 2014
gaza
I think there is a problem with the brightness of the display when i use the FOD to unlock my phone, the brightness goes up and never go down unless i decrease it manually,
And there is another problem that is not this rom problem, the wifi security when the method of security is enterprise method you have to provide an ca certificate, i dont know if there is any work around that.
Thanks developer for you work

Reactions: Jaymaple

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
I think there is a problem with the brightness of the display when i use the FOD to unlock my phone, the brightness goes up and never go down unless i decrease it manually,
And there is another problem that is not this rom problem, the wifi security when the method of security is enterprise method you have to provide an ca certificate, i dont know if there is any work around that.
Thanks developer for you work
That is the first time that I hear about this bug. I can only say from my testers, some users and me that we don't encountered the issue. Can you provide a log please?

MinimalDroid

Jun 14, 2021
May I ask how long you will support this ROM with updates? It looks like the perfect ROM to switch from stock and it seems like it is finally bloatfree solution for the phone, without disabling the half of the apps like on the stock ROM ... :D In terms of security this ROM also seems to get faster Google patches than the stock one, but how is it with privacy? Can everyone contribute or do you check the code, so we can be sure its rather safe to use. I am always scared with third party ROMs, that the ROMs are with less privacy than with the stock ones. How is the battery compared to stock? Thank you for your incredible work! Do you have a donation link as well?

Reactions: Jaymaple

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How r u doing mate? Feeling better?
    Yes feeling better but they still don't know why I loose weight.

The next update will come soon. But only updated with the security patch. The device trees are getting reworked
    Hello Developer of rom is taking a break and we are patiently waiting for anx camera port from another dev. In short - just have to wait
    Hi, this port is not working on los based roms. Already tried it
    Just installed, google pay let me add a card, so I am staying and not going back to MIUI! Cheers @alibei
    Ngl, I just thought that there would be a bit more customization like Havoc OS or RR. Nevertheless, please any idea how to get the stock cam please?
    Just havent found it, but PLEASE, is there always on display? The stock MIUI one was terrible. And I loved the one on RR
    I've been running lineage os on the latest build for almost a month now. How does this compare to cipher os?

Lineage os has been great but on my experience it has 3 main issues, at least in my device

1-sometimes it freezes completely. It could happen either every 4 or 5 days once, or sometimes 3 times in a day. It just freezes, the screen remains on and it becomes unresponsive, I have to reboot.

2- some of the working apps I use detect the phone has root and won't work, even tho I didn't root the phone, I just unlocked the bootloader and installed twrp.

3- under screen fingerprint is just not working right. I'm talking 5 straight attempts telling me that is not recognized. Only 1 out of 10 attempts will recognize the finger right away.

So, does cipher has the same short comings? More? Less?
    These bugs get fixed in the update after the one which comes tomorrow / day after tomorrow
    Thanks, those fixes will be in the lineage build as well?
    banner.png

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS CRYPTO , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here
    Only the GAPPS version comes with OTA

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

No need to flash fw
    2. (On some devices a full miui V12.1.5.0 flash was required (fastboot version))
    3. Download my TWRP here
    (This TWRP supports to take a backup of persist. I am not responsible if you loose RIL, WIFI, etc...
    if you break persist)
    4. Flash my TWRP or your ROM does not work
    5. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System, Product and Vendor
    6. (Yes you have to wipe product. The old partition name was cust, but we use it now as product)
    7. Format data
    8. Reboot to recovery
    9. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    10. Flash CipherOS

For Magisk users:

Please boot CipherOS fully up
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Flash Magisk

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version
    2. Copy it to your phone
    3. Flash CipherOS in the recovery
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. Reboot

Update the ROM for Magisk users(if your device does not boot after the update):

Open the CipherOS zip
    2. Copy the boot.img from the zip to your phone
    3. Flash the boot.img in the recovery
    4. Flash Magisk
    5. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

New update is out. Now we are official.
    Official will be released in next few days
    How r u doing mate? Feeling better?
    Yes feeling better but they still don't know why I loose weight.

The next update will come soon. But only updated with the security patch. The device trees are getting reworked
    Great rom Alibei, thanks a lot!
    Only bug for me so far is microphone when on speaker phone. It sound like I'm under water according to the persons I talk to. Normal mic and Bluetooth mic works great.
    Do you think this is firmware, gapps or ROM related? Full disclosure: I use full nikgapps with tweaked nikgapps.config to enable Android Auto and Google backups during initial setup. Any chance this could be solved if I flash latest weekly Chinese firmware? 🤔
    No it's a problem on my side. I already working on this