[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread
Agreed, I just can't seem to get TWRP backup to work correctly.
Titanium is obsolete. I always use Migrate, much more reliable. Somebody told about Alpha Backup, it's available on Play Store, Pro version is free at the moment (I don't know how much longer), looks like powerful tool, but personally I haven't tried it yet

Jaymaple

Mar 26, 2021
So the new update is out. And yes it comes with face unlock and third party fod unlock is working too. FW is for now on included.

If you want to switch to the gapps variant, then a clean flash is advised.

Thank you for your continued development of this ROM. Will test functions. I hope we can find a way to get maximum from Camera, anyone get ANX to work fully on Cipher 1.7? 📷

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
which is the best gcam actually for tucana? I don't understand the fact of the persist backup, flashing this Rom could cause accidentally to damage persist ? Once i make the backup do I need to copy the files on a PC ?
No you can ignore the persist stuff this is only for expert users who know what they are doing. I'm using bsg GCam

eamon.ash

May 22, 2014
gaza
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I think there is a problem with the brightness of the display when i use the FOD to unlock my phone, the brightness goes up and never go down unless i decrease it manually,
And there is another problem that is not this rom problem, the wifi security when the method of security is enterprise method you have to provide an ca certificate, i dont know if there is any work around that.
Thanks developer for you work

Reactions: Jaymaple

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I think there is a problem with the brightness of the display when i use the FOD to unlock my phone, the brightness goes up and never go down unless i decrease it manually,
And there is another problem that is not this rom problem, the wifi security when the method of security is enterprise method you have to provide an ca certificate, i dont know if there is any work around that.
Thanks developer for you work
That is the first time that I hear about this bug. I can only say from my testers, some users and me that we don't encountered the issue. Can you provide a log please?

MinimalDroid

Jun 14, 2021
May I ask how long you will support this ROM with updates? It looks like the perfect ROM to switch from stock and it seems like it is finally bloatfree solution for the phone, without disabling the half of the apps like on the stock ROM ... :D In terms of security this ROM also seems to get faster Google patches than the stock one, but how is it with privacy? Can everyone contribute or do you check the code, so we can be sure its rather safe to use. I am always scared with third party ROMs, that the ROMs are with less privacy than with the stock ones. How is the battery compared to stock? Thank you for your incredible work! Do you have a donation link as well?

Reactions: Jaymaple

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is obsolete for a long time, but there is a hope for A14 release. The dev is working on it, but no ETA.

You seem to be quite out of the date, mate, as you use the obsolete names. GPay was replaced by GWallet and SafetyNet is deprecated, now Play Integrity is in use. To be able to make contactless payments on a device with unlocked bootloader, you need PlayIntegrityFix module.
    I guess I am a bit out of date😅. I was looking for the thread of redmi note 10 and ended up in mi note 10 😂. Well, you cleared my crucial issue with my safety net. I didn't knew that play integrity is the trend now. Lol
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.