[DEPRECATED][ROM][12L][OFFICIAL][tucana] CipherOS-3.8-NOVA

Search This thread

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I strongly advice you not to install ANXCam,
because:

1- after all that effort of getting chinese spyware away from your phone, you want to re-flash an essential part of the original miui software package?

2- impactful permissions have to be granted for ANXCam to work (more than any pure camera app really needs)

3- GCam simply works great.

I use GCam 7.3.018 from Urnyx05, v2.5, all lenses enabled in settings).

Always think twice what you want to put on your phone.
Totally agree with the spyware bit, but ANXCam is just a simple port of the MIUI Camera. I doubt MIUI decided to use the camera app of all things to do so. The developers of ANXCam are in no way tied to Xiaomi.

Also, I'm not sure where you gathered that ANXCam requires more permissions than any other camera app. It requires use of the camera, files for storage, and the microphone for sound. All of which you can limit in CipherOS to only run while in the app. Those are the exact same permissions GCam uses.

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I agree, ANX camera are independent devs that makes Miui cam work on other Xiaomi devices. I used the Xiaomi Mi 9T with a custom rom that has ANX camera built in and no one had any problems with it, and the rom is widely used too.

Reactions: JesseJames7

Logitech21

Mar 22, 2011
I have a Bluetooth audio problem. Sound is distorted(boom/overvolume). I use a viper4android and or without it the problem is available. Is there a solution?

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Testing out the Test Build now! Couldn't find a change log apart from the updated trees and kernel. Are there any improvements to Cipher that you've seen in the test build? And thank you for your work.
Better fod, more responsive, no freezes anymore. But GPS does not work in this version but it's already fixed. Also in the next build anx v202 is working

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I am experiencing a bug in which the phone randomly powers off in the latest test build. I experienced this bug in the last stable build of Cipher as well, but it was far less common and would only happen overnight sometimes (ie. once every 2 weeks). Since I've been on the test build it's happened 5 times in the last 24 hours. I'm not totally sure if the phone is fully turning off, or if the display is dying.

The phone powering off doesn't seem to be related to any app or action I take on the phone, it just happens at seemingly random times. I will continue to use the test build and hopefully we can figure out why it's happening. I wonder if it is related or the same issue as the one you were having earlier with systemui/display dying? Figured I would let you know, thanks!

Edit: I have noticed a great improvement in the fingerprint on the test build, cheers!

Last edited:

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am experiencing a bug in which the phone randomly powers off in the latest test build. I experienced this bug in the last stable build of Cipher as well, but it was far less common and would only happen overnight sometimes (ie. once every 2 weeks). Since I've been on the test build it's happened 5 times in the last 24 hours. I'm not totally sure if the phone is fully turning off, or if the display is dying.

The phone powering off doesn't seem to be related to any app or action I take on the phone, it just happens at seemingly random times. I will continue to use the test build and hopefully we can figure out why it's happening. I wonder if it is related or the same issue as the one you were having earlier with systemui/display dying? Figured I would let you know, thanks!

Edit: I have noticed a great improvement in the fingerprint on the test build, cheers!
Wait you had a random reboot or freeze? I used the test version for 2 days and had not that issue. The next time that happens can you reboot to recovery and send me the file console-ramoops-0 which is in the path /sys/fs/pstore ?

Edit: I just released a new test build

Reactions: fabiodifa

JesseJames7

Jun 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Wait you had a random reboot or freeze? I used the test version for 2 days and had not that issue. The next time that happens can you reboot to recovery and send me the file console-ramoops-0 which is in the path /sys/fs/pstore ?

Edit: I just released a new test build
Absolutely, will do. I'm not sure whether the phone powers off completely or if the display just dies, but the power button does not power the screen back on.

I'll update to new test build and send you that file if it happens again. Hasn't happened in 12 hours, curiously.

Logitech21

Mar 22, 2011
Hi,

Audio recorder and video only use one mic ,no stereo recorder. Any fix for this ?

Last edited:

wifi7501

Apr 24, 2016
I tried to insert the zip version, but it goes after reboot back to recovery, where can I find the fastboot version?

wifi7501

Apr 24, 2016
Hello why when transmitting vowels via whatsapp the audio of the microphone is unclear, there are many ambient noises.

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
LG V30
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I'm really hyped for this because I love the way android 12 and material you look!

I've got one question tho I'm not very tech savvy, but I've noticed thst you don't need magisk to bipass safety net, does this mean I can user working apps and bank apps without problem? This is very important to me because this is my main phone, I had to go back to stock because every single rom on Android 11 even with magisk hide will not work. My work apps will keep detecting the phone as rooted and not work

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm really hyped for this because I love the way android 12 and material you look!

I've got one question tho I'm not very tech savvy, but I've noticed thst you don't need magisk to bipass safety net, does this mean I can user working apps and bank apps without problem? This is very important to me because this is my main phone, I had to go back to stock because every single rom on Android 11 even with magisk hide will not work. My work apps will keep detecting the phone as rooted and not work
You have to test this. I did not try it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is obsolete for a long time, but there is a hope for A14 release. The dev is working on it, but no ETA.

You seem to be quite out of the date, mate, as you use the obsolete names. GPay was replaced by GWallet and SafetyNet is deprecated, now Play Integrity is in use. To be able to make contactless payments on a device with unlocked bootloader, you need PlayIntegrityFix module.
    I guess I am a bit out of date😅. I was looking for the thread of redmi note 10 and ended up in mi note 10 😂. Well, you cleared my crucial issue with my safety net. I didn't knew that play integrity is the trend now. Lol
    ciphe2r copy.jpg2-Recovered.jpg

CipherOS is a Android Custom OS, Based On AOSP & Fueled by Lineage, Striving to Provide its Users , A Clean , Bloat free & Sturdy Experience with Minimal Customisation !

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void or maybe not?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With the release of CipherOS KNIGHT , We Ensure that Every OFFICIAL Device remains Up-to-date with latest Patches , Asap its been released by Google !

Download it from here

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    installation.png

Installing:

1. Download TWRP here
    2. Flash TWRP
    3. Wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, Cache, System and Vendor
    4. Format data
    5. Reboot to recovery
    6. Download CipherOS and copy it to your device
    7. Flash CipherOS
    8. (Flash FW 12.5.4 if not already done)

Update the ROM:

Download the newest CipherOS version manually or through the updater
    2. Remove your screen lock
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Flash CipherOS in the recovery (for OTA users you find it in /data/cipheros_updates)
    (OTA will be automatic in the future)
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Reboot

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Changelog:
    Device Changelog

Source Code:
    ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

Donate:
    PayPal
    I will release a test build today for TG users who are in the device group
    what about donation for a new device?
    I'm planning to repair my device
    New update is out. Now we are official.