[ROM][11][OFFICIAL][tucana] Project Sakura

Search This thread

ShadoBlake

Dec 18, 2016
Hello, I've been looking forward to install this rom, but no matter what I do, it will always bootloop once and then get stuck in recovery. I come from the xiaomi.eu rom, but i did follow all the steps. Since i wasnt sure, I even installed the xiaomi stock via fastboot to make sure, but again, it didnt work... what am I doing wrong?

Lord Sithek

Hello, I've been looking forward to install this rom, but no matter what I do, it will always bootloop once and then get stuck in recovery. I come from the xiaomi.eu rom, but i did follow all the steps. Since i wasnt sure, I even installed the xiaomi stock via fastboot to make sure, but again, it didnt work... what am I doing wrong?
Make sure to format data after flashing rom but before first boot

Reactions: ShadoBlake

TheSim81

Dec 29, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
i had the same problem using NikGapp Basic, i used the "core" version and it booted. Alternatively you can do the first boot without GAPP, and then put them after.

ShadoBlake

Dec 18, 2016
i had the same problem using NikGapp Basic, i used the "core" version and it booted. Alternatively you can do the first boot without GAPP, and then put them after.
Hey thank you, it was the issue indeed, but it was pretty late and I went to sleep before trying. Now everything is working alright. I'd also like to ask: I've seen there's no 30W charging support, but I'm charging the phone with a power delivery charger and it has charged insanely fast, is there a way to see how much the phone is pulling from the type c without using external devices?

Moreover, this rom is working super well, the fingerprint sensor is a little funky, but I'm truly enjoying it!

TheSim81

Dec 29, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Hey thank you, it was the issue indeed, but it was pretty late and I went to sleep before trying. Now everything is working alright. I'd also like to ask: I've seen there's no 30W charging support, but I'm charging the phone with a power delivery charger and it has charged insanely fast, is there a way to see how much the phone is pulling from the type c without using external devices?

Moreover, this rom is working super well, the fingerprint sensor is a little funky, but I'm truly enjoying it!
I dont use the fast charge, but i think you can see charge informations in lockscreen.
You can go in: Setting-> Sakura Configs-> Lockscree - > Lockscreen charging info

Sep 16, 2019
Hi, this rom is working fantasically. I do have one question. How can we change the FOD icon and/or animations? I've tried replacing the webp file for an icon in /system/system_ext/app/FodAnimations/FodAnimations.apk/res/drawable and rebooted, but saw no change. Thank you for any help :)

Thanks for a great rom!
Fluid and great battery life. Gpay, bank apps etc works without issues.
With PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2 I would say that picture quality is on pair or better than stock rom.

But I'm also experience some bugs..
Most critical one is the mic quality when you speak via speaker phone. Seems to work better some times but often not useable at all. Then I do not get Android Auto to work and the automatic screen color temp. adjustment at night does not seem to work either.

@Sanya Pilot , Are you using alibei's lineageos version as a base for your rom and will you then merge all his recent updates in your next update by any chance? Your Sakura version give added value over vanilla LineageOS, especially the added face unlock.
Thanks again for your and alibei's great work!

Reactions: TheSim81

Sanya Pilot

• Oct 1, 2020
    Simferopol
    Are you using alibei's lineageos version as a base for your rom and will you then merge all his recent updates in your next update by any chance? Your Sakura version give added value over vanilla LineageOS, especially the added face unlock.
    Yes, i'm using @alibei device tree and vendor tree. So all improvements he does will appear in mine builds monthly

Reactions: Seaco

Sanya Pilot

• Oct 1, 2020
    Simferopol
    View attachment 5166769
    Based on: LOS 18.1 (OSS)
    ROM version: 5.R
    GApps: Not included | OpenGApps |
    BitGApps |
    NikGApps
    Build Date: 15.05.21
    Bugs: No major bugs, you tell me

Because this is "Vanilla" version (without GApps), if you had been using it with installed GApps and update by OTA, it will cause bootloop! To prevent it, install GApps package after installing OTA.
    Clean install
    1. If installing OSS based ROMs for the first time, you'll need to install TWRP with /cust -> /product patch
      After installing TWRP, check if your firmware version >= 21.4.1 (if flashing from MIUI >= 21.4.1), else flash latest from here
    2. Reboot to recovery, format Data, wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Product, Vendor
    3. Reboot to recovery again
    4. Flash ROM and GApps if needed
    5. Reboot and enjoy!
    Updating (manual)
    1. Reboot to recovery, wipe Cache, Dalvik/ART cache
    2. Flash ROM
    3. The phone will be bootlooped, reboot it to recovery and install GApps package
    4. Reboot and enjoy!
    Updating (OTA)
    1. Go to Settings -> Sakura Configs -> Sakura Updates
    2. Scan for updates
    3. Choose what you want and install it
    4. The phone will be bootlooped, reboot it to recovery and install GApps package
    5. Reboot and enjoy!
    • 15.05.21: Project Sakura 5.R May update
      New Sakura features! (link)
      May security patch
    • 15.04.21: Project Sakura 5.R April update
      Now using OSS sources
      April security patch
    • 21.03.21: Project Sakura 5.R March update
      New Sakura features:
      FOD themes and animations
      March security patch
    • 06.02.21: Project Sakura 4.R
      Now built using A11-based DT and VT
    • 18.12.20: Project Sakura 4.R
      January security patch
    • 09.12.20: Project Sakura 4.R January Update Stable
      New sakura features.
      Improved FOD accuracy, IR support. Thanks to @Chemuski1
    • 29.12.20: Project Sakura 4.R Final Stable
    • 26.12.20: Project Sakura R 4 Stable (Now official!)
    • 24.12.20: Project Sakura R 4 Stable
    • 23.12.20: Project Sakura R Beta 3
    Download: Project Sakura Download Portal
    Update ready!
    Build Date: 16.04.21

Found what causes bootloop after OTA.
    Because this is "Vanilla" version (without GApps), if you had been using it with installed GApps and update by OTA, it will cause bootloop! To prevent it, install GApps package after installing OTA.
    May security patch

kiwimato

Sep 28, 2020
    Thanks for the info! I saw the message about GApps too late, after I was already in the bootloop.
    For anyone also experiencing this: it seems that simply rebooting to recovery and flashing GApps worked for me, however I didn't fully test everything yet though.

Sanya Pilot

• Oct 1, 2020
    Simferopol
    Thanks for the info! I saw the message about GApps too late, after I was already in the bootloop.
    For anyone also experiencing this: it seems that simply rebooting to recovery and flashing GApps worked for me, however I didn't fully test everything yet though.
    This is the exactly fix XD. I figured it out in installation instruction

Sep 16, 2019
    Hi, this rom is working fantasically. I do have one question. How can we change the FOD icon and/or animations? I've tried replacing the webp file for an icon in /system/system_ext/app/FodAnimations/FodAnimations.apk/res/drawable and rebooted, but saw no change. Thank you for any help :)
    Found some answers. /system/system_ext/priv-app/SystemUI/SystemUI.apk/drawable holds the actual FOD icons, although the change isn't seen in Settings, no biggie. /system/priv-app/OmniStyle/OmniStyle.apk/drawable has the Quick Settings header, which can also be modified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

Update ready!
      ROM version: 5.1
      Build Date: 23.05.21

Updated DT: fixed yellowish colors, improved battery life
      Enabled ProtonAOSP blur
      June security patch
      Update ready!
      Build Date: 23.05.21

Enabled ProtonAOSP blur
      June security patch
      Any idea when the update will be ready? Can't wait to try it out!
      sakura.png

Based on: LOS 18.1 (OSS)
      BitGApps |
      NikGApps
      Build Date: 23.06.21
      Bugs: No major bugs, you tell me

Because this is "Vanilla" version (without GApps), if you had been using it with installed GApps and update by OTA, it will cause bootloop! To prevent it, install GApps package after installing OTA. But if you installed GApps package with OTA survival script, maybe (maybe!) this can prevent you from manual installation.
      Clean install
      1. If installing OSS based ROMs for the first time, you'll need to install TWRP with /cust -> /product patch
      2. Reboot to recovery, format Data, wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Product, Vendor
      3. Reboot to recovery again
      5. Reboot and enjoy!
      Updating (manual)
      2. Flash ROM
      3. Install GApps package (necessarily if used with GApps before update)
      4. Reboot and enjoy!
      Updating (OTA)
      2. Scan for updates
      4. If the phone is bootlooped, reboot it to recovery and install GApps package
      5. Reboot and enjoy!
      • 23.06.21: Project Sakura 5.1
        Enabled ProtonAOSP blur
        June security patch
      • 15.05.21: Project Sakura 5.R May update
        May security patch
      • 15.04.21: Project Sakura 5.R April update
        Now using OSS sources
        April security patch
      • 21.03.21: Project Sakura 5.R March update
        New Sakura features:
        FOD themes and animations
        March security patch
      • 06.02.21: Project Sakura 4.R
        Now built using A11-based DT and VT
      • 18.12.20: Project Sakura 4.R
        January security patch
      • 09.12.20: Project Sakura 4.R January Update Stable
        New sakura features.
        Improved FOD accuracy, IR support. Thanks to @Chemuski1
      • 29.12.20: Project Sakura 4.R Final Stable
      Download: Project Sakura Download Portal
      View attachment 5166769
      Based on: LOS 18.1
      ROM version: 4 Stable
      BitGApps
      Build Date: 24.12.20

Bugs: WiFi networks with WPA3 are not connecting, VoLTE drains battery, VoWiFi dead

Clean install
      1. Install Android 10 based MIUI (if you already have it, skip this step). ROM won't boot without this!
      2. Reboot to recovery, format Data, reboot to recovery again
      3. Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache. WARNING! Do not wipe Vendor, or you'll need to do everything again
      5. Reboot and enjoy!
      Updating
      2. Flash ROM
      3. Reboot and enjoy!
      Download: SourceForge
      Update ready!
      Build Date: 24.12.20

New version, now stable status!
      View attachment 5166769
      Based on: LOS 18.1
      BitGApps
      Build Date: 26.12.20

Bugs: WiFi networks with WPA3 are not connecting, VoLTE drains battery, VoWiFi dead

Clean install
      1. Install Android 10 based MIUI (if you already have it, skip this step). ROM won't boot without this!
      2. Reboot to recovery, format Data, reboot to recovery again
      3. Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache. WARNING! Do not wipe Vendor, or you'll need to do everything again
      5. Reboot and enjoy!
      Updating (manual)
      2. Flash ROM
      3. Reboot and enjoy!
      Updating (OTA)
      2. Scan for updates
      Download: SourceForge
      Update ready!
      Build Date: 26.12.20

Now official status! OTA supported
      Update ready!
      Build Date: 15.04.21

ROM is now based on OSS (OpenSource) sources, like new LOS 18.1. Installation instructions changed.
      Do not install this update by OTA!

Now using OSS sources, MIUI is no longer needed, all needed is in box with ROM
      April security patch
      Great work.

Everything woking, except Wifi is broken. It is the same bug like in current lineage version.

I already fixed the bug in lineage. I will upload the patch today or tomorrow so the patch could be merged