• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OnePlus8] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8
I'm sorry to ask... is there a guide for flashing PE on this phone?

Idk how to unlock the bootloader / Install it without TWRP, which is not available for this phone.

Is your device a T-Mobile branded device? If so, the process may take up to two weeks for all of the information to go through. You basically either have to have your device fully paid off and on the service for more than 20 days or you can message mobdeep (I think that was their name, but I will double check for you) with the account last name and phone number. From there, they'll give you further instruction regarding a SIM unlock (which is the first step to unlocking the bootloader.

Next, you'll want to get a OnePlus unlock token, which takes exactly a week from the time you request it. Detailed instructions from OnePlus here: https://www.oneplus.com/support/answer/detail/op588. This is the website you go to for the unlock token request. https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token

Please keep in mind that a bootloader unlock will factory reset the device!

Once you setup your device after the unlock (I recommend just skipping through everything really, it's gonna be flashed away again soon), you can either manually flash every img in fastbootd (which can be accessed by adb reboot fastboot when the device is on or rebooting to the bootloader and executing fastboot reboot fastboot), flashing the PE recovery image and then sideloading the ROM with ADB, or you can use my automatic script that only works on Linux at the moment.

I'm here if you need help :)

Edit: message this dude on XDA with the required information https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/mobbdeep.6958558/

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8[instantnoodle]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Device Specified Telegram Group
Our blog

This rom is so great but I have a couple issues.

There's no native parallel apps support but I found that the app "shelter" creates a work profile and it works just as great. I highly recommend.

also, the always on display has to slightly correct when turned onto the lock screen, basically the AOD is off center, or the lock screen is. (small but is extremely noticeable when you start unlocking your phone a lot)

Also, launchers like shut off in the background? They take a second to load when you go back to the home screen except for the stock one. Driving me crazy!

Stock camera app can't use wide angle camera. (IN2017)

Hoping these all get improved with the soon android 12 update, have a good one, love your work!

EDIT: I'm also on pixel experience plus

k9r4n16

Mar 29, 2019
OnePlus 8

There's no native parallel apps support but I found that the app "shelter" creates a work profile and it works just as great. I highly recommend.

also, the always on display has to slightly correct when turned onto the lock screen, basically the AOD is off center, or the lock screen is. (small but is extremely noticeable when you start unlocking your phone a lot)

Also, launchers like shut off in the background? They take a second to load when you go back to the home screen except for the stock one. Driving me crazy!

Hoping these all get improved with the soon android 12 update, have a good one, love your work!

I second all of this. To work around the ultra wide issue, I installed GCam and PX Camera (latest versions of both will do just fine).

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Google pay broken

Reactions: miji2

Eandme

Apr 12, 2015
I have discovered a bug. When the device is done playing YouTube HDR content ( which weren't display correctly) the screen will shift to green and break the fingerprint scanner.

Eandme

Apr 12, 2015
I have found that when the device is done playing YouTube HDR content ( which weren't display correctly) it would shift the screen green and break the fingerprint scanner.

AiM2LeaRn

Aug 11, 2021
i installed Magisk for root and i install root explorer... however i still cant modify the contents of SYSTEM\ETC.

I get copy failed even though its showing write enabled... any one have any ideas how i can overwrite files and make modifications in system\etc\ ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    101.3 KB · Views: 23

acostmisa

Apr 7, 2016
Hello, I have a Tmobile OnePlus with A11 and the August patch, when I perform all the steps for the installation in the first boot it gives me an error of "system ui isn't responding" and it does not detect the simcard or the wifi, shortly after I get a "Qualcomm CrashDump Mode" error

rihcus

Jun 4, 2020
If you are rooted with magisk you can use riru lsposed + xprivacylua magisk hide to get safteynet working (my OP8 is on the July patch due to no updates yet).

The only major downside to this method is it will break google call screening. You can re enable it but 3-4$ donation is required to enable the manage hook assignments feature.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-002905_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210926-002905_Settings.png
    353 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210926-002932_LSPosed.png
    Screenshot_20210926-002932_LSPosed.png
    315 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210926_003053.jpg
    IMG_20210926_003053.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20210925-235557_XPrivacyLua_Pro.png
    Screenshot_20210925-235557_XPrivacyLua_Pro.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20210926-003202_XPrivacyLua.png
    Screenshot_20210926-003202_XPrivacyLua.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 34

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011
If you are rooted with magisk you can use riru lsposed + xprivacylua magisk hide to get safteynet working (my OP8 is on the July patch due to no updates yet).

The only major downside to this method is it will break google call screening. You can re enable it but 3-4$ donation is required to enable the manage hook assignments feature.
I dont need magisk and dont want it either

• Haha
Reactions: AiM2LeaRn

Pires_7

Dec 26, 2012
OnePlus 8

Hi.
Not really sure about AOD, but I guess that's a feature, not a Bug. I believe its to prevent screen burnout changing the position of the clock so the leds being use aren't always the same.
The launcher problem is a well known one, and the only workaround is or to use the stock launcher, or use the magisk module quick switch (find it in magisk app, modules tab). The only current launcher supporting quick switch and android 11 is Lawnchair 11 beta (find it in telegram channel).
Stock camera, same problem as usual. Really hard for devs to do anything without oneplus to release the source.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont need magisk and dont want it either

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Instructions to flash PE ROM for OnePlus 8/ 8T (All thanks to @FizzyApps and @ChandraChaganti ) *YOUR BOOTLOADER SHOULD BE UNLOCKED* :-
    1. Flash OOS 11 on both slots (Use local upgrade option).
    2. Check using this app if u have OOS on slot_b:-
    3. Download Pixel experience ROM using this link:-
    4. Download and install Python3 on ur PC (This is a windows link) *TICK THE ADD PYTHON TO PATH OPTION*:-
    5. Download payload dumper and extract its zip:-
    6. The Pixel Experience ROM should be on ur PC (and be on ur PC now).
    7. Now extract the Pixel Experience ROM.
    8. Put the "payload.bin" file from the extracted ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input
    9. Run payload dumper.exe
    10. Wait for all files to be extracted.
    11. Now install adb and fastboot drivers:-
    12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and place them in adb folder (create one) in ur local disk on ur PC
    13. Now go to payload dumper/ payload_output folder
    14. Click shift+ right click on mouse.
    15. A menu will appear on the screen of ur PC.
    16. Click on "Open command window here".
    17. Now reboot ur phone to fastboot mode by powering off ur phone then, holding power+ both the volume buttons.
    18. Now connect ur OP8T to ur PC via usb cable.
    19. Now be on ur PC and type "fastboot devices" in command window.
    20. Ur device will show up.
    21. Now do all these commands one by one (Click enter after every command):-
    "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
    "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    "fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img"
    "fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img"
    "fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img"
    "fastboot reboot fastboot"
    "fastboot flash system system.img"
    "fastboot flash product product.img"
    "fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img"
    22. Now on ur OP8T click on reboot to recovery.
    23. Go to factory reset and click yes.
    24. Reboot to system.
    25. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM on ur OP8T 😉.
    why does it have to be done that way thru adb? maybe twrp flashable to come because i doubt I'll try to install it that way. I'm excited by the prospect of the rom very much but I'll let a few guinea pigs go first and keep tabs on this. Is the lack of custom rom development because developers are waiting for android 11 or what? One of the main reasons I decided on OP8 was because i thought the forum would be very active and its been kinda disappointing thus far. Does anyone know when theres gonna be the official android 11 update not this open beta bullshit? also when an official twrp recovery?
    First of all, it has to be flashed through Fastboot because TWRP for Android 10 isn't really finished yet, devs have a hard time finding ways to comply with Android 10 new system, that's why there are a lot of those Fastboot ROMs.
    Second of all, those "Guinea Pigs" are users that allows OP to release the official OOS build you're eager to have. You just wait for it to come and you call users who report bugs "Guinea Pigs"... Remember that those who install Open Betas are the ones that make this phone not a crappyy pile of bugs bad glitches, and represent the "active community" you're complaining of rn. Get off you high horse man...
    Finally, the "lack of development" is indeed partially because devs are waiting for Android 11, and it has always been like that for every newly released OP phone. Once they age a bit that's when the amazing community comes together to build, to TEST, and finally release ROMs.
    How to install magisk on pixel experience rom?
    Get extracted boot.img and put into phone, open magisk and patch boot.img. Magisk outputs a patched boot.img in downloads. Transfer to pc where ADB lives, reboot to bootloader and enter fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img. Should flash to phone and Magisk has given root.