[ROM][11][OnePlus8] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Zucc

Dec 24, 2020
Gave the Rom a go again now i cant get magisk to flash.

C:\Users\*****\Desktop\platform-tools> fastboot flash boot C:\Users\LeafC\Desktop\platform-tools\magisk_patched.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot' (98304 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.123s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: No such file or directory)
finished. total time: 2.138s

??? i took the extracted boot image and use magisk on it then went back to fastbootd to flash and get this?

Edit: if you run into this problem change boot to boot_a

(forget op8 has an a/b)

Last edited:

Zucc

Dec 24, 2020
as i sit here dumbfounded i may have forgotten to try fastboot flash boot_a

gonna give that a whirl

Scrub this Please

Last edited:

cccchug

Jul 21, 2019
First thanks for the hard work. Been working smoothly for a day with this ROM so far. But just 1 quick question: is 5G supported? I can't seem to find the option in settings.

gsuggett

Jun 28, 2020
I see a few others have had trouble with network connectivity. I tried it earlier today and also could not get my mobile network to show up. It didn't register that there was a sim in either slot either. I was using the January 20, 2021 12:45 version of PE. I thought a restore with the MSMDownload tool and then trying again might help, but it didn't. It said "Visible" in the top right corner but had no network and wouldn't allow me to change the settings. I tried to do *#*#4636#*#* to get it to open the Testing menu but that didn't work either.

I reverted back to Oxygen OS for now. Any ideas on whether it could be a Rom issue or possibly Visible?!? I'll keep trying when I have some time. I'm thinking of popping my sim in my old Pixel 2XL and using that until I can get this solved.

cccchug

Jul 21, 2019
It's been a great experience so far. The battery drains a bit faster than OOS tho. Also the fingerprint sensor cannot be used for WeChat Pay or Alipay. Except for these everything works fine for me. But just in case, how should I roll back to OOS if I need to do so?

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
It's been a great experience so far. The battery drains a bit faster than OOS tho. Also the fingerprint sensor cannot be used for WeChat Pay or Alipay. Except for these everything works fine for me. But just in case, how should I roll back to OOS if I need to do so?
You have to use the msm tool for your variant.

booch74

Sep 20, 2012
Amesbury
Question to whoever can point me in the right direction, im one of the few running op8 from Verizon with a bootloader unlock. And I have read about problems with modems if you don't do certain steps and the fingerprint etc. I guess should I be able to convert to global then to this? I have the correct msm tool and python 3.9 the visual studio etc, just any info helps, and thank you to all the developers still doing your thing after all these years, I don't wanna let go of those days

Itsmedigio99

Dec 17, 2020
Bug? With Night Light on, fingerprint reader not working - 'Sensor is dirty'.
As a workaround, I registered the same finger with night light on and by pressing hard on the display, and unlocking works (sometimes you have to press on the reader a bit harder).

For me 5G is not working and in settings I can't find any face unlock setting. Anyone has managed to enable face unlock and 5g?

cccchug

Jul 21, 2019
As a workaround, I registered the same finger with night light on and by pressing hard on the display, and unlocking works (sometimes you have to press on the reader a bit harder).

For me 5G is not working and in settings I can't find any face unlock setting. Anyone has managed to enable face unlock and 5g?
To enable 5G, go into settings-network and internet-your sim card settings-preferred network type. Choose one with "NR".
Screenshot_20210128-072958.png
Screenshot_20210128-072958.png

Reactions: mattie_49

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn

Or you can go in the dialer and hit *#*#4636#*#* and scroll down to the last network before unknown. That enables 5g also

Last edited: