[ROM][11][OnePlus8] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

rusefendi

Jun 8, 2021
Great ROM, but I have couple of problems with it:
- The most important one, fingerprint sensor. I think it's not that responsive and I think its because of the backlight. In original ROM when you scan your finger, backlight above your finger is 100 percent and it's not the case with this ROM
- More buttery consumption
- Stock AOSP camera, not Google one (but it can be downloaded)
- Light sensor works weird, but maybe it's still calibrating

Last edited:

ac386

Jul 7, 2017
Ram management is not good if i open heavy games like pubg then my background apps keeps reload and pubg also reload so please fix it and there is a issue of punch hole camera left side area ,that side touch is not working

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone I've been flashing ROMs for a long time but just flashed my OnePlus 8 with pixel experience. Couple remarks
The phone feels way smother than on oxygen os.
YouTube doesn't freeze and everything is a joy to use.
However I'm having big battery drain is there anyway to fix that?
Is there anyway to enable Dolby Atmos and install magisk through the pixel experience recovery?

nono77240

Mar 18, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi everyone I've been flashing ROMs for a long time but just flashed my OnePlus 8 with pixel experience. Couple remarks
The phone feels way smother than on oxygen os.
YouTube doesn't freeze and everything is a joy to use.
However I'm having big battery drain is there anyway to fix that?
Is there anyway to enable Dolby Atmos and install magisk through the pixel experience recovery?
I can't tell you about the drain.
However, you can install magisk with the PE recovery yes.
Just download the apk and rename it as .zip, then adb sideload just like you did for the ROM on the recovery.
After that, you will be able to flash dolby atmos directly on magisk app manager

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
Last question you know how on oxygen os os after you enter your screen pin or password it takes you directly to the home screen. On Pixel OS and and every other custom ROM I've tried I still have to press the enter key to get into my phone is there any way to change that for it to function like oxygen os?

nono77240

Mar 18, 2011
OnePlus 8
Last question you know how on oxygen os os after you enter your screen pin or password it takes you directly to the home screen. On Pixel OS and and every other custom ROM I've tried I still have to press the enter key to get into my phone is there any way to change that for it to function like oxygen os?
I don't know, and I can't check as I changed my rom. You should check on security settings I think.

andrew2401

Oct 17, 2017
Thank you very much I flashed module and I do get Dolby Atmos icon on my home screen now but aps like Tidal which support music in Dolby Atmos still won't let me play in that format do you have any ideas why? I apologize in advance for all the questions but the last time I flashed ROMs the process was a lot easier to get everything set up

nono77240

Mar 18, 2011
OnePlus 8
Thank you very much I flashed module and I do get Dolby Atmos icon on my home screen now but aps like Tidal which support music in Dolby Atmos still won't let me play in that format do you have any ideas why? I apologize in advance for all the questions but the last time I flashed ROMs the process was a lot easier to get everything set up
This module activate a post treatment of the sound to have a better expérience. Like an equalizer. It will not activate anything on any apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8[instantnoodle]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

How to install magisk on pixel experience rom?
    Get extracted boot.img and put into phone, open magisk and patch boot.img. Magisk outputs a patched boot.img in downloads. Transfer to pc where ADB lives, reboot to bootloader and enter fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img. Should flash to phone and Magisk has given root.
    N I C E

He can ask a mod to move the thread if this ROM is tested on both devices. If not it's better to keep it here.

And @chandra1.jd be careful using DevDB on xda, there will be some changes soon :
    https://www.xda-developers.com/big-changes-to-xda-forums-are-coming-soon/
    why does it have to be done that way thru adb? maybe twrp flashable to come because i doubt I'll try to install it that way. I'm excited by the prospect of the rom very much but I'll let a few guinea pigs go first and keep tabs on this. Is the lack of custom rom development because developers are waiting for android 11 or what? One of the main reasons I decided on OP8 was because i thought the forum would be very active and its been kinda disappointing thus far. Does anyone know when theres gonna be the official android 11 update not this open beta bull****? also when an official twrp recovery?
    First of all, it has to be flashed through Fastboot because TWRP for Android 10 isn't really finished yet, devs have a hard time finding ways to comply with Android 10 new system, that's why there are a lot of those Fastboot ROMs.
    Second of all, those "Guinea Pigs" are users that allows OP to release the official OOS build you're eager to have. You just wait for it to come and you call users who report bugs "Guinea Pigs"... Remember that those who install Open Betas are the ones that make this phone not a crappyy pile of bugs bad glitches, and represent the "active community" you're complaining of rn. Get off you high horse man...
    Finally, the "lack of development" is indeed partially because devs are waiting for Android 11, and it has always been like that for every newly released OP phone. Once they age a bit that's when the amazing community comes together to build, to TEST, and finally release ROMs.