[ROM][11][OnePlus8] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

jiocol

Jan 13, 2011
Hi guys, is there a guide which explains how to go back to stock oxygen os or can someone please share how to?

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011
What did you do to the Bluetooth audio?? I can't hear a thing!!!!

maybe it is just me, but I have my volume at max and can't hear anything

Reactions: mijiko200

mijiko200

Apr 22, 2014
Málaga
Since the last update, the bluetooth audio volume is not synchronized with the headset volume, also, the option to unlock with the face and stay on the lock screen has disappeared. Does the volume issue happen to anyone else?

Why did this latest update cause a loss of root? Am I missing something that's obvious to everyone else? Or is there an easy fix that can be pointed out to me? I just don't really feel like going through all the steps of extracting the appropriate boot image and rooting through a pc every time there's an update. I don't mind once or twice, but not every time. Surely I'm overlooking something. Thanks in advance.

Why did this latest update cause a loss of root? Am I missing something that's obvious to everyone else? Or is there an easy fix that can be pointed out to me? I just don't really feel like going through all the steps of extracting the appropriate boot image and rooting through a pc every time there's an update. I don't mind once or twice, but not every time. Surely I'm overlooking something. Thanks in advance.
Did you re-install Magisk to the empty slot before you updated your device?

I patched the boot.img file extracted from PixelExperience_Plus_instantnoodle-11.0-20210623-1005. Enclosed, if someone needs it.

Thanks, worked like a charm! Yes, I’ll get around to patching my own boot image eventually. The commands that worked for me were:
Code:
flashboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
flashboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img

I am ROOT!!!

Reactions: sjgoel

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
Thanks, worked like a charm! Yes, I’ll get around to patching my own boot image eventually. The commands that worked for me were:
Code:
flashboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
flashboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img

I am ROOT!!!
Why not just flash the Magisk zip file in recovery just like you flashed the ROM? No patching or flashing of boot.img necessary.

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
Where to get this Magisk zip from?

Download the Magisk apk file, rename it to Magisk-VXX.zip, and flash it using "adb sideload" command in recovery just like you flash the ROM. If Magisk isn't automatically installed, or you have issues, re-name the file back to .apk, and install in on your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8[instantnoodle]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

How to install magisk on pixel experience rom?
    Get extracted boot.img and put into phone, open magisk and patch boot.img. Magisk outputs a patched boot.img in downloads. Transfer to pc where ADB lives, reboot to bootloader and enter fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img. Should flash to phone and Magisk has given root.
    N I C E

He can ask a mod to move the thread if this ROM is tested on both devices. If not it's better to keep it here.

And @chandra1.jd be careful using DevDB on xda, there will be some changes soon :
    https://www.xda-developers.com/big-changes-to-xda-forums-are-coming-soon/
    why does it have to be done that way thru adb? maybe twrp flashable to come because i doubt I'll try to install it that way. I'm excited by the prospect of the rom very much but I'll let a few guinea pigs go first and keep tabs on this. Is the lack of custom rom development because developers are waiting for android 11 or what? One of the main reasons I decided on OP8 was because i thought the forum would be very active and its been kinda disappointing thus far. Does anyone know when theres gonna be the official android 11 update not this open beta bull****? also when an official twrp recovery?
    First of all, it has to be flashed through Fastboot because TWRP for Android 10 isn't really finished yet, devs have a hard time finding ways to comply with Android 10 new system, that's why there are a lot of those Fastboot ROMs.
    Second of all, those "Guinea Pigs" are users that allows OP to release the official OOS build you're eager to have. You just wait for it to come and you call users who report bugs "Guinea Pigs"... Remember that those who install Open Betas are the ones that make this phone not a crappyy pile of bugs bad glitches, and represent the "active community" you're complaining of rn. Get off you high horse man...
    Finally, the "lack of development" is indeed partially because devs are waiting for Android 11, and it has always been like that for every newly released OP phone. Once they age a bit that's when the amazing community comes together to build, to TEST, and finally release ROMs.