[ROM][11][OnePlus8Pro] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Shemploo

Feb 22, 2011
I might of found the issue with FP. This could be related to the permissions of the launcher being used. I'm using hyperion launcher and since I enabled hyperion full phone access under Settings -> Accessibility it's been fine with FP unlock. Not holding my breath. Maybe this is helpful to someone else.
I had the exact same problem and launcher, seems to have fixed it. Thank you.

MichalPlays

Nov 5, 2015
Ist there a way to flash this rom without wipe the internal storage

Yes, there is one but it will just cause you boot loops.
I don't know if you have so much files on your phone or what but you can create a Mega account and get like 50gb of storage if you subject to your participation in some achievements program.
That's how I moved my files from one rom to another, after moving from OOS to PixelExperience rom

Zaytheon

Apr 17, 2021
Hi, so I just installed the 3/15 11+ build of Pixel Experience and for the most part, everything works great. One issue I am encountering is that even though the Oneplus 8 Pro can go to the resolution of 1440x3168, I cannot set my resolution at all as there is not even an option for it in the settings anywhere or any indication of what the resolution is. Using the site whatismyandroidversion.com I was able to see the current resolution I am getting is only 412x906. In addition, something extremely odd I noticed is that the size option (found under display settings) seems to slightly modify the resolution so it could be related to the issue. For example on default size the resolution is 412x906, but on the largest size, the resolution becomes 320x704. Is there any way I can fix this or is this a bug in the current version? Any help is greatly appreciated.

pepsiDON

• Mar 24, 2017
    Chennai
    HTC Desire V
    Google Nexus 5
    Hi, so I just installed the 3/15 11+ build of Pixel Experience and for the most part, everything works great. One issue I am encountering is that even though the Oneplus 8 Pro can go to the resolution of 1440x3168, I cannot set my resolution at all as there is not even an option for it in the settings anywhere or any indication of what the resolution is. Using the site whatismyandroidversion.com I was able to see the current resolution I am getting is only 412x906. In addition, something extremely odd I noticed is that the size option (found under display settings) seems to slightly modify the resolution so it could be related to the issue. For example on default size the resolution is 412x906, but on the largest size, the resolution becomes 320x704. Is there any way I can fix this or is this a bug in the current version? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    go to the telegram for this phone https://t.me/pixelexperianceop8p
    there are updated unofficial builds from the developer https://sourceforge.net/projects/chandrarom/files/
    in the latest builds i haven't seen any option to change resolution

Dragon699

Oct 22, 2016
    Sofia
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    DO NOT RELOCK. PERMANENT BRICK WILL HAPPEN
    With latest build from 15th of March I relocked the bootloader without issues although you don't fully get rid of the boot-up warning message, the message just gets different warning that you have a non-default OS. I needed to unlock it since I use Duo Mobile which don't run on rooted/unlocked devices.

bin1youghurt

Nov 12, 2020
    I don't think any custom ROMs offers change of resolution, but you should know that qhd is forced on all ROMs. To check the resolution you don't go to the website, which scales down for a better view on the mobile phone, instead, you can just take a screenshot of your phone and in the photos app check the resolution of the screenshot, it will be qhd(1440x3168)

Reactions: Dragon699

Dragon699

Oct 22, 2016
    Sofia
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    This is amazing ROM, probably the best for this device so far, I really appreciate and support this kind of work.

Regarding FP, it works perfectly, but as someone mentioned back in the comments eventually the At A Glance google widget won't update regularly, so in order to have weather, reminders, calendars and all that info in the default widget in Pixel Launcher, you need to have another copy of this widget (but from the Widgets menu) on screen, otherwise it will show only date. Another issue is that the time needed until battery fully charged is not correctly calculated.

saidmsb

Dec 30, 2013
    MCT
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    With latest build from 15th of March I relocked the bootloader without issues although you don't fully get rid of the boot-up warning message, the message just gets different warning that you have a non-default OS. I needed to unlock it since I use Duo Mobile which don't run on rooted/unlocked devices.
    So relocking the BL with this rom will allow to make some apps that requires locked BL to run (some banking apps)?

Dragon699

Oct 22, 2016
    Sofia
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    So relocking the BL with this rom will allow to make some apps that requires locked BL to run (some banking apps)?
    Yes, I'm still with locked BL (even managed to update AOSP via adb sideload yesterday's update with locked bootloader) and my Duo Mobile which doesn't like root/unlocked BL runs fine now. For those banking apps you should also avoid Magisk or other root utilities and u should be ok.

Reactions: saidmsb

USMC-4life

Mar 30, 2020
    Anyone else having issues with the 4/19 update causing everything to lagging. Every few seconds. The anything I'm doing stops for a second then coñtinuses. Almost like a buffering youtube video on slow internet.

derek.jones

Apr 21, 2021
    Anyone else having issues with the 4/19 update causing everything to lagging. Every few seconds. The anything I'm doing stops for a second then coñtinuses. Almost like a buffering youtube video on slow internet.
    Hey I'm curious if you are still experiencing this issue. I am considering purchasing a OP8P and flash this ROM. Your feedback will help my decision greatly. Thank you!

And sorry for making you come here to discover that I don't have an answer for you but actually another question :(

derek.jones

Apr 21, 2021
    Hey all! I am curious how your OP8P is performing on the latest build of this ROM?

I am also curious if you think it is better to get a OP8P and flash this ROM or to get a Pixel 5?

Dragon699

Oct 22, 2016
    Sofia
    OnePlus 8 Pro
    Hey all! I am curious how your OP8P is performing on the latest build of this ROM?

I am also curious if you think it is better to get a OP8P and flash this ROM or to get a Pixel 5?
    Of course OP8 is better in any means (even if you stick with Oxygen, but that's other topic), the least I could say is that with pixel you get 765G (opposed to 865) and 90Hz (opposed to 120). Regarding this rom, with yesterday's update I almost see no issues at all anymore and I use it as daily driver, everything is blazing fast.

Reactions: derek.jones

derek.jones

Apr 21, 2021
    Of course OP8 is better in any means (even if you stick with Oxygen, but that's other topic), the least I could say is that with pixel you get 765G (opposed to 865) and 90Hz (opposed to 120). Regarding this rom, with yesterday's update I almost see no issues at all anymore and I use it as daily driver, everything is blazing fast.
    Thank you for your reply! May I ask when you say almost no issues, do you mean there are some minor issues? May I ask what they are?

derek.jones

Apr 21, 2021
    To everyone, please please please point me toward a list of current known bugs with this ROM (the latest build)! if there is no list please please let me know what bugs you are experiencing. I am dying to know how stable it currently is.

Thank you in advance 😊

czarek2371

Dec 21, 2015
    I can't patch boot file in Magisk, because after "Select and Patch a File" and selecting boot.img "LET'S GO" is greyed out and not selectable(I tried with different file managers). Does anyone else have this problem and dealt with it?
    giphy.gif

FIX:
    clean magisk data, uninstall and install stable version

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      To everyone, please please please point me toward a list of current known bugs with this ROM (the latest build)! if there is no list please please let me know what bugs you are experiencing. I am dying to know how stable it currently is.

Thank you in advance 😊
      very stable
      May changelog:

- May security patch
      - Imported translations
      - Under the hood improvements
      - Switched to Hasty kernel
      Yes, I'm still with locked BL (even managed to update AOSP via adb sideload yesterday's update with locked bootloader) and my Duo Mobile which doesn't like root/unlocked BL runs fine now. For those banking apps you should also avoid Magisk or other root utilities and u should be ok.

Thanks for your work, unfortunately the Oneplus camera is no longer there after the update. Is there the camera separately?

With kind regards

Marbie_1
      The April build used the Nikita GCam 2.0. It's the first download link (com.google.android.GoogleCameraEng) from https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1497/

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8Pro[instantnoodlep]

What is this?
      PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
      Wi-Fi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FM radio
      Fingerprint reader
      Face unlock
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound/vibration

Known issues
      Nothing yet
      You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
      Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Device Specified Telegram Group
      Our blog

New Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
      - Added Alert slider customization
      - Added OOS White fod icon
      - Updated Gcam
      - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
      - Fixed Screen off ok google
      - Fixed screen color issues
      - Added DC Dim
      Much Appreciated Marko.

So really quick, I just want to go over backing up your persist partition.
      It's in charge of fingerprint reader functionality and once it gets corrupt, you better be ready to clear your schedule for the day.
      You'll spend most of it repairing, re-flashing and recalibrating it, which, at the time or writing this, has a 70% success rate.
      And MSM Tool and Fastbootd will not be able to save you from this fate.

Assuming your fingerprint reader is currently working, lets take some simple preemptive measures and make future life easy for you.

First you're going to need an ADB shell with root privileges or terminal app.
      The quick and easiest one is Termux which is free in the Play Store.

Next, once you open Termux type su to gain root privileges.

after that type in this backup command here:

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img

That sends a backup copy of the persist partition to the root of your storage (you can also close out of Termux now).

You can now move it (persist.img) from the root of your storage to your PC for safe keeping or with any cloud file manager, back it up to a cloud of your choosing.

Now if you flash a rom, your persist partition corrupts and you lose fingerprint reader functionality, you just need to type this command in fastboot:

fastboot flash persist persist.img

With persist.img being the backup you previously created.

Now you have peace of mind knowing that the literal single most important thing on your phone is backed up somewhere safe.

Happy Flashing!

Note: If your fingerprint reader has already failed, follow this link here to repair the persist partition and good luck.
      Ok guys, I see that few of you have a problems with the installation. So here are instructions how to flash this rom. For noobs like me, every step . Good luck. Only for op8pro and PE
      1. You need unlocked bootloader.
      2. On OOS 11 (stable prefered) flash latest stable OOS from system updater. (local upgrade) Reboot. Again from system updater flash latest OOS. In this way you are sure that OOS is on both slots (a &b)
      3. Download PixelExperience Fastboot ROMinstaller.zip from here.
      4. Extract it.
      5. Go to folder : payload_dumper-win64 and open folder payload_input
      6. Download PE ROM and extract it in one folder.
      7. Move the "payload.bin" file from the extracted PE ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input
      8. Run payload_dumper.exe and wait
      9. All successfully extracted img files are in "payload_output" folder (from step 5.)
      10.Move all files from "payload_output" folder (from step 8) to extracted folder from step 4 (where
      ROMinstaller.bat file is)
      11. Make sure you have installed adb and fastboot drivers:- link is here : https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
      12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and place them in adb folder (create one) in your local disk on your PC
      13. Make sure that your phone is visible in adb and fastboot.
      14.Connect phone to the PC.
      15. Go on your phone to "developer options" and enable "USB debugging"
      16. Go in the folder extracted in step 12. Open terminal from that folder ( CTRL+Shift+right click on the mouse)
      17. Type in terminal : adb devices and you need to see your phone
      18. Type again : adb reboot bootloader
      19. Your phone will boot in bootloader.
      20. To make sure everything is ok, type : fastboot devices and you need to see your phone in output.
      21. Go on your PC in folder from step 4. and run ROMinstaller.bat
      Just wait and follow instructions from terminal. Be patient.
      23. When everything is finished, from PE recovery go to factory reset and click yes.
      24. Reboot to system.
      25. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

All credits goes to : @FizzyAps and @chandra1.jd
      February update recap
      * Added on screen gestures customization for supported devices
      * February security patch
      * Under the hood improvements

Sideload working : both rom and magisk
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures