• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OnePlus8Pro] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

mithusingh32

Dec 14, 2010
Major Bug I noticed over the weekend.

Audio stops working properly if you use Google Maps Navigation + Any Other Audio app.

I can reproduce this every single time:
1) Start audio app like Youtube/Youtube Music
2) Start Google Maps and start navigation

The audio will start to stutter and break up.

derek.jones

Apr 21, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a screen flickering issue when unlocking and locking the phone.

It only occurs on 120Hz.

Any idea how to fix this? (without going to 60Hz).

Thank you in advance!

bbtdev

Jan 4, 2019
Hey, after update my razor kishi does not get detected anymore. I tested it on another android device, so there it is not broken,. Any ideas on what to look for?

sn0maan

May 6, 2014
Power + Volume down > Click on the Scroll button on the screenshot pop-up > Long screenshot. It does not scroll automatically, you must tap the arrow down button to the desired length.
Whenever I try to take a screenshot, the preview of the screenshot overlaps the scroll button on the screenshot context menu. Is this a ROM bug or can this behaviour be modified by toggling something in settings?

p-we

Dec 11, 2008
Whangarei
So loving latest May release. Extra good battery life since kernel upgrade. (y)

Only problem is access from lock screen. I still have to hit side power button for fingerprint or face-unlock to work. I wish either fingerprint or face-unlock would work from the black lock screen. I've tried many settings

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
So loving latest May release. Extra good battery life since kernel upgrade. (y)

Only problem is access from lock screen. I still have to hit side power button for fingerprint or face-unlock to work. I wish either fingerprint or face-unlock would work from the black lock screen. I've tried many settings

All custom ROMs have this. Only OOS actually seems to work like that. I always even with AOD enabled have to use power button or double tap to wake for it to start registering.

If that was fixed I would stop using OOS immediately but..

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
I haven't tried PE but never faced any issue with using fp from ambient screen on havoc/SSOS/AICP etc

Once the phone has been locked by either timeout or proximity sensor while using AOD the AOD will light up but FP will not respond until you "wake" the phone. Every single custom ROM i ever tried does this exact same thing and it's one of the reasons why I stay with OOS.

Testing this is simple. Get OOS, press power button to lock it and get AOD on the screen. Hold your hand over the top of the phone to trigger the proximity sensor and wait till AOD goes off + 10 seconds. Remove your hand and let AOD come on without double tap to wake or pressing power button. Now try the FP. On OOS this works fine, FP will respond and unlock. On AOSP based custom ROMs the AOD will light up but the FP will not respond.

dan20063

Jun 23, 2008
I just got a notification that there is an update, is there anything specific I need to do on rooted phone running pixel or I can just click update?

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
My FP has been working fine from AOD even after locking with latest build but Hey Google / OK Google / Assistent isn't working at all. I can enroll just fine but saying the hotword doesn't trigger anything.

Tried it with and without updating play store / google app including beta version, same problem. After wiping cache and data from play store, play services and google app i can't en roll anymore. Option is gone and theres only a slider for OK Google and not Hey Google and no enrollment option..

EDIT: FIxed for now by manually installing the June 19 Google App from APKMirror. It works for now.. disabling Google App updates lol.

EDIT2: I would like to say, PE Plus latest version is the first ROM to get AOD and FP right.. The fingerprint actually works without waking the phone first.. it's the first and only custom ROM that can actually do this. SO happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: guitarsmurf2501

guitarsmurf2501

Jan 12, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
My FP has been working fine from AOD even after locking with latest build but Hey Google / OK Google / Assistent isn't working at all. I can enroll just fine but saying the hotword doesn't trigger anything.

Tried it with and without updating play store / google app including beta version, same problem. After wiping cache and data from play store, play services and google app i can't en roll anymore. Option is gone and theres only a slider for OK Google and not Hey Google and no enrollment option..

EDIT: FIxed for now by manually installing the June 19 Google App from APKMirror. It works for now.. disabling Google App updates lol.

EDIT2: I would like to say, PE Plus latest version is the first ROM to get AOD and FP right.. The fingerprint actually works without waking the phone first.. it's the first and only custom ROM that can actually do this. SO happy

EDIT2: I would like to say, PE Plus latest version is the first ROM to get AOD and FP right.. The fingerprint actually works without waking the phone first.. it's the first and only custom ROM that can actually do this. SO happy.
I've been having similar issues with fp in 3rd party roms. Good to hear this is working in PE. I'll try tonight. 😀

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
It's been flawless all day without unlocking the phone first. Just opening my wallet cover triggers proximity sensor to turn on AOD as it should and FP works straight away.

The only small gripes I have with this ROM are the fact in landscape the screen isn't rounded off like it is in OOS but flat cutoff and the fact there's no Adaptive refresh rate. You either get 60Hz all the time or 120Hz all the time. I keep it at 120Hz because silky smooth but it does impact battery life when it doesn't drop on static content / movies.

I run Radioactive 2.2.2 custom ROM kernel and it's been great. Battery life as well.

VegVeg

Jun 28, 2021
Love this rom was just wondering if there was a way to stop face unlock from bypassing the lock screen so that I can just check notifications on the lock screen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Major Bug I noticed over the weekend.

Audio stops working properly if you use Google Maps Navigation + Any Other Audio app.

I can reproduce this every single time:
    1) Start audio app like Youtube/Youtube Music
    2) Start Google Maps and start navigation

The audio will start to stutter and break up.
    I can confirm this issue as well. Morning drive has been quite frustrating 😄 . Using Android Auto + Maps Navigation + YT Music. Also had similar issues with Youtube last night, not using maps, a reboot seemed to fix this.

Saw that the OTA fixed bluetooth issues. I wonder if it's bluetooth that's causing this?

I just ran the recent OTA, I'll report back if this fixes it.
    I can confirm this issue as well. Morning drive has been quite frustrating 😄 . Using Android Auto + Maps Navigation + YT Music. Also had similar issues with Youtube last night, not using maps, a reboot seemed to fix this.

Saw that the OTA fixed bluetooth issues. I wonder if it's bluetooth that's causing this?

I just ran the recent OTA, I'll report back if this fixes it.
    Just to clarify this isn't only bluetooth. All audio gets broken, regardless of bluetooth.

The same issue occurs on crDroid as well.
    Gentlemen, when will the camera be added?
    Has been added, but this OS has some bugs1. There is a chance to trigger the bug of video and audio loss accompanied by picture jamming when restarting. Once triggered, no matter how to restart, it cannot be recovered. Occasionally, fortunately, it suddenly recovers.2. When the first bug appears, you may not hear other people's voice during the call, and watching HDR video in the application will cause the desktop color to turn green and gray suddenly

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8Pro[instantnoodlep]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

New Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
    - Added Alert slider customization
    - Added OOS White fod icon
    - Updated Gcam
    - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
    - Fixed Screen off ok google
    - Fixed screen color issues
    - Added DC Dim
    Much Appreciated Marko.

So really quick, I just want to go over backing up your persist partition.
    It's in charge of fingerprint reader functionality and once it gets corrupt, you better be ready to clear your schedule for the day.
    You'll spend most of it repairing, re-flashing and recalibrating it, which, at the time or writing this, has a 70% success rate.
    And MSM Tool and Fastbootd will not be able to save you from this fate.

Assuming your fingerprint reader is currently working, lets take some simple preemptive measures and make future life easy for you.

First you're going to need an ADB shell with root privileges or terminal app.
    The quick and easiest one is Termux which is free in the Play Store.

Next, once you open Termux type su to gain root privileges.

after that type in this backup command here:

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img

That sends a backup copy of the persist partition to the root of your storage (you can also close out of Termux now).

You can now move it (persist.img) from the root of your storage to your PC for safe keeping or with any cloud file manager, back it up to a cloud of your choosing.

Now if you flash a rom, your persist partition corrupts and you lose fingerprint reader functionality, you just need to type this command in fastboot:

fastboot flash persist persist.img

With persist.img being the backup you previously created.

Now you have peace of mind knowing that the literal single most important thing on your phone is backed up somewhere safe.

Happy Flashing!

Note: If your fingerprint reader has already failed, follow this link here to repair the persist partition and good luck.
    Ok guys, I see that few of you have a problems with the installation. So here are instructions how to flash this rom. For noobs like me, every step . Good luck. Only for op8pro and PE
    1. You need unlocked bootloader.
    2. On OOS 11 (stable prefered) flash latest stable OOS from system updater. (local upgrade) Reboot. Again from system updater flash latest OOS. In this way you are sure that OOS is on both slots (a &b)
    3. Download PixelExperience Fastboot ROMinstaller.zip from here.
    4. Extract it.
    5. Go to folder : payload_dumper-win64 and open folder payload_input
    6. Download PE ROM and extract it in one folder.
    7. Move the "payload.bin" file from the extracted PE ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input
    8. Run payload_dumper.exe and wait
    9. All successfully extracted img files are in "payload_output" folder (from step 5.)
    10.Move all files from "payload_output" folder (from step 8) to extracted folder from step 4 (where
    ROMinstaller.bat file is)
    11. Make sure you have installed adb and fastboot drivers:- link is here : https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and place them in adb folder (create one) in your local disk on your PC
    13. Make sure that your phone is visible in adb and fastboot.
    14.Connect phone to the PC.
    15. Go on your phone to "developer options" and enable "USB debugging"
    16. Go in the folder extracted in step 12. Open terminal from that folder ( CTRL+Shift+right click on the mouse)
    17. Type in terminal : adb devices and you need to see your phone
    18. Type again : adb reboot bootloader
    19. Your phone will boot in bootloader.
    20. To make sure everything is ok, type : fastboot devices and you need to see your phone in output.
    21. Go on your PC in folder from step 4. and run ROMinstaller.bat
    Just wait and follow instructions from terminal. Be patient.
    23. When everything is finished, from PE recovery go to factory reset and click yes.
    24. Reboot to system.
    25. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

All credits goes to : @FizzyAps and @chandra1.jd
    February update recap
    * Added on screen gestures customization for supported devices
    * February security patch
    * Under the hood improvements

Sideload working : both rom and magisk