[ROM][11][OnePlus8Pro] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Deeps24

Jun 7, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
majorly gaming mode, along with oneplus 8 pro haptics optimization is missing...and the fingerprint is not registering properly hence...also not working on Ambient display..you have to wake to display to make it work.

neromaverick

Jul 27, 2009
Major Bug I noticed over the weekend.

Audio stops working properly if you use Google Maps Navigation + Any Other Audio app.

I can reproduce this every single time:
1) Start audio app like Youtube/Youtube Music
2) Start Google Maps and start navigation

The audio will start to stutter and break up.
I can confirm this issue as well. Morning drive has been quite frustrating 😄 . Using Android Auto + Maps Navigation + YT Music. Also had similar issues with Youtube last night, not using maps, a reboot seemed to fix this.

Saw that the OTA fixed bluetooth issues. I wonder if it's bluetooth that's causing this?

I just ran the recent OTA, I'll report back if this fixes it.

Reactions: deimos86

deimos86

Jan 6, 2011
Vega Alta
I can confirm this issue as well. Morning drive has been quite frustrating 😄 . Using Android Auto + Maps Navigation + YT Music. Also had similar issues with Youtube last night, not using maps, a reboot seemed to fix this.

Saw that the OTA fixed bluetooth issues. I wonder if it's bluetooth that's causing this?

Having exactly same issues after update to the latest build. Seems like Bluetooth issue to me really annoying to use Android Auto now.

mithusingh32

Dec 14, 2010

Just to clarify this isn't only bluetooth. All audio gets broken, regardless of bluetooth.

The same issue occurs on crDroid as well.

Reactions: (no name)

(no name)

Jul 19, 2021
Gentlemen, when will the camera be added?
Has been added, but this OS has some bugs1. There is a chance to trigger the bug of video and audio loss accompanied by picture jamming when restarting. Once triggered, no matter how to restart, it cannot be recovered. Occasionally, fortunately, it suddenly recovers.2. When the first bug appears, you may not hear other people's voice during the call, and watching HDR video in the application will cause the desktop color to turn green and gray suddenly

Reactions: ps000000

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
Has been added, but this OS has some bugs1. There is a chance to trigger the bug of video and audio loss accompanied by picture jamming when restarting. Once triggered, no matter how to restart, it cannot be recovered. Occasionally, fortunately, it suddenly recovers.2. When the first bug appears, you may not hear other people's voice during the call, and watching HDR video in the application will cause the desktop color to turn green and gray suddenly

hmm. all of those things sound kernel-related. and sure enough, checking the changelog reveals the kernel has been switched (neutrino kernel). have you tried changing to the Horizon kernel, and see if those issues go away?

@chandra1.jd can you please tell me more about the neutrino kernel used? i found the dev that created it, but can't seem to find any posts about the Oneplus8 series. mostly all for the 6t, and some for the 7. ill be flashing the new update to test in a bit. thank you for your work.

update : oh ok so i found his source. maybe just doesnt have an xda post for the 8. if anyone is curious like me its here https://github.com/0ctobot/neutrino_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

2nd update : so this might be the kernel from @xstefen which is a branch of the one i put on update#1. it probably uses the one from xstefen, not 0ctobot, just throwing it out there

Last edited:

Baysuhl

Nov 26, 2018
California
OnePlus 8 Pro
Encountered an annoying bug.

If I have night light enabled, the fingerprint sensor won't work. It'll say that it's dirty until I disable night light. If I remember correctly, OxygenOS resolves this issue by temporary disabling it whenever the fingerprint sensor is used.

Also had another bug that I can't reproduce where the video UI in the YouTube app wouldn't go away until I restarted the app.

mithusingh32

Dec 14, 2010
hmm. all of those things sound kernel-related. and sure enough, checking the changelog reveals the kernel has been switched (neutrino kernel). have you tried changing to the Horizon kernel, and see if those issues go away?

@chandra1.jd can you please tell me more about the neutrino kernel used? i found the dev that created it, but can't seem to find any posts about the Oneplus8 series. mostly all for the 6t, and some for the 7. ill be flashing the new update to test in a bit. thank you for your work.

update : oh ok so i found his source. maybe just doesnt have an xda post for the 8. if anyone is curious like me its here https://github.com/0ctobot/neutrino_kernel_oneplus_sm8250

2nd update : so this might be the kernel from @xstefen which is a branch of the one i put on update#1. it probably uses the one from xstefen, not 0ctobot, just throwing it out there

This issue is actually happening on a quite a few ROMs (crDroid and Exo).
(I havent checked which kernel the others ROMs used)

If you go to the crDroid thread, you'll see the logcat I posted.

Reactions: Tilde88

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
This issue is actually happening on a quite a few ROMs (crDroid and Exo).
(I havent checked which kernel the others ROMs used)

If you go to the crDroid thread, you'll see the logcat I posted.
i see. sorry i was not aware. fortunately i do not have this issue. i was running the horizon kernel, and recently switched to the custom fork of radioactive. hope you get a fix soon.

slayerjain

Jul 31, 2021
New Delhi
How're the haptics on this ROM compared to stock OOS?

I've tried custom roms on my OnePlus 7T pro and had to back due to getting vibration feel rather than the precise click feel we get in stock ROM.

perfecto24

Dec 28, 2010
PE Android 11 plus. I love but I have a serious bug...

When play series and Netflix and Amazon play videos app screen is Green and dark...

Only restart solve it....

It,a is very bad for me :(

Any solution?

Thanks

Reactions: saidmsb

slayerjain

Jul 31, 2021
New Delhi
How're the haptics on this ROM compared to stock OOS?

I've tried custom roms on my OnePlus 7T pro and had to back due to getting vibration feel rather than the precise click feel we get in stock ROM.
I tried and the haptics are fine but I had battery drain problem with Google messages. It kept draining huge amount of battery life. So I I'm using AICP now

Shubh@m

Apr 4, 2013
Sangamner
PE Android 11 plus. I love but I have a serious bug...

When play series and Netflix and Amazon play videos app screen is Green and dark...

Only restart solve it....

It,a is very bad for me :(

Any solution?

Thanks
Not sure if OB is the reason behind that screen issue. But flashing OOS stable and then custom ROM fixed that issue for me. Atleast on Evo-X it did. You can try same on PE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8Pro[instantnoodlep]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

New Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
    - Added Alert slider customization
    - Added OOS White fod icon
    - Updated Gcam
    - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
    - Fixed Screen off ok google
    - Fixed screen color issues
    - Added DC Dim
    Much Appreciated Marko.

So really quick, I just want to go over backing up your persist partition.
    It's in charge of fingerprint reader functionality and once it gets corrupt, you better be ready to clear your schedule for the day.
    You'll spend most of it repairing, re-flashing and recalibrating it, which, at the time or writing this, has a 70% success rate.
    And MSM Tool and Fastbootd will not be able to save you from this fate.

Assuming your fingerprint reader is currently working, lets take some simple preemptive measures and make future life easy for you.

First you're going to need an ADB shell with root privileges or terminal app.
    The quick and easiest one is Termux which is free in the Play Store.

Next, once you open Termux type su to gain root privileges.

after that type in this backup command here:

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img

That sends a backup copy of the persist partition to the root of your storage (you can also close out of Termux now).

You can now move it (persist.img) from the root of your storage to your PC for safe keeping or with any cloud file manager, back it up to a cloud of your choosing.

Now if you flash a rom, your persist partition corrupts and you lose fingerprint reader functionality, you just need to type this command in fastboot:

fastboot flash persist persist.img

With persist.img being the backup you previously created.

Now you have peace of mind knowing that the literal single most important thing on your phone is backed up somewhere safe.

Happy Flashing!

Note: If your fingerprint reader has already failed, follow this link here to repair the persist partition and good luck.
    Ok guys, I see that few of you have a problems with the installation. So here are instructions how to flash this rom. For noobs like me, every step . Good luck. Only for op8pro and PE
    1. You need unlocked bootloader.
    2. On OOS 11 (stable prefered) flash latest stable OOS from system updater. (local upgrade) Reboot. Again from system updater flash latest OOS. In this way you are sure that OOS is on both slots (a &b)
    3. Download PixelExperience Fastboot ROMinstaller.zip from here.
    4. Extract it.
    5. Go to folder : payload_dumper-win64 and open folder payload_input
    6. Download PE ROM and extract it in one folder.
    7. Move the "payload.bin" file from the extracted PE ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input
    8. Run payload_dumper.exe and wait
    9. All successfully extracted img files are in "payload_output" folder (from step 5.)
    10.Move all files from "payload_output" folder (from step 8) to extracted folder from step 4 (where
    ROMinstaller.bat file is)
    11. Make sure you have installed adb and fastboot drivers:- link is here : https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and place them in adb folder (create one) in your local disk on your PC
    13. Make sure that your phone is visible in adb and fastboot.
    14.Connect phone to the PC.
    15. Go on your phone to "developer options" and enable "USB debugging"
    16. Go in the folder extracted in step 12. Open terminal from that folder ( CTRL+Shift+right click on the mouse)
    17. Type in terminal : adb devices and you need to see your phone
    18. Type again : adb reboot bootloader
    19. Your phone will boot in bootloader.
    20. To make sure everything is ok, type : fastboot devices and you need to see your phone in output.
    21. Go on your PC in folder from step 4. and run ROMinstaller.bat
    Just wait and follow instructions from terminal. Be patient.
    23. When everything is finished, from PE recovery go to factory reset and click yes.
    24. Reboot to system.
    25. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

All credits goes to : @FizzyAps and @chandra1.jd
    February update recap
    * Added on screen gestures customization for supported devices
    * February security patch
    * Under the hood improvements

Sideload working : both rom and magisk