[ROM][11][OnePlus8Pro] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

RodiNet7601

Jan 13, 2017
Caniço
OnePlus 6
Huawei P20 Lite
This is my first time using a custom ROM since before I got the OnePlus 5, I was kind of forced into it as I was having multiple major issues with stock OOS 11.0.9.9.
Anyway, the unlocking process and flashing was pretty painless following the tutorials and I'm having basically no issues with this ROM. It's a huge improvement over oxygen is.
The only setback so far is it looks like I have to relock my bootloader to get my google pay working. I have to do some more research to confirm this is the only solution and if I'll have to restore everything from scratch again.
Do you have magisk installed and "magisk hide" set to on on settings?

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
I have spent a bunch of time reading pages of this thread and the telegram thread but I don't feel comfortable making this decision yet...it looks like I can install the custom avb key and then relock my bootloader which will wipe and force me to set up everything from scratch (work email and timesheet app especially a pain in the arse) but that should allow me to use Google pay again.
Or I can install magisk and use magisk hide and then I have the benefit of root also which I haven't had since the galaxy s6.
What do you think the safest and or easiest way to go is considering I just want to be able to pay with my phone without also carrying my OnePlus 5 in and paying with that.
Future updates are also a factor but I will probably just leave this ROM for another year (I know not a good security choice) and then get a pixel 6.
I used to enjoy this stuff, but I don't have time anymore...just want my phone to work. So far this ROM has fixed many major issues I had with stock OOS 11 and battery life is way way better, so I would like to just get the one last important function working and leave it as is.
Thanks in advance for any help, it's much appreciated.

RodiNet7601

Jan 13, 2017
Caniço
OnePlus 6
Huawei P20 Lite
I have spent a bunch of time reading pages of this thread and the telegram thread but I don't feel comfortable making this decision yet...it looks like I can install the custom avb key and then relock my bootloader which will wipe and force me to set up everything from scratch (work email and timesheet app especially a pain in the arse) but that should allow me to use Google pay again.
Or I can install magisk and use magisk hide and then I have the benefit of root also which I haven't had since the galaxy s6.
What do you think the safest and or easiest way to go is considering I just want to be able to pay with my phone without also carrying my OnePlus 5 in and paying with that.
Future updates are also a factor but I will probably just leave this ROM for another year (I know not a good security choice) and then get a pixel 6.
I used to enjoy this stuff, but I don't have time anymore...just want my phone to work. So far this ROM has fixed many major issues I had with stock OOS 11 and battery life is way way better, so I would like to just get the one last important function working and leave it as is.
Thanks in advance for any help, it's much appreciated.

I have to confess that after "testing" 3 A12 ROM's and this one, I turned back to 11.0.9.9. Always something wrong and not working as well as with OOS (for me). Never had major battery issues. Rooted again and Magisk with "hide" option on using MBWay and Bank apps with no issues. Never used Google Pay and I can't say something more about that specific app.
McDonald's app was the worse one to get working rooted 😆

Last edited:

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
I have to confess that after "testing" 3 A12 ROM's and this one, I turned back to 11.0.9.9. Always something rong and not working as well as with OOS (for me). Never had major battery issues. Rooted again and Magisk with "hide" option on using MBWay and Bank apps with no issues. Never used Google Pay and I can't say something more about that specific app.
McDonald's app was the worse one to get working rooted 😆
First world problems I know but I don't have the tap on my debit card and after using Google pay for years it seems like a major waste of time for me and the cashier to put a card in...wait and punch in the pin number.
Besides that, I don't know why some people have good luck with OOS 11.0.9.9 and I don't. I factory reset and started from scratch which was a waste of time because all of my issues were still there. Also I have seen other people complaining about it so I'm obviously not the only one. Maybe my specific set of apps and my carriers (using 2 sims - one for work and one personal) just doesn't jive with OOS 11 but it works much better on my old OnePlus 5 with stock android 10 and also with this ROM. 2 of my issues were Bluetooth with my truck and earbuds, then battery life and missed calls (not good for a work phone).

Reactions: RodiNet7601

shalabajza

Nov 9, 2012
Hi guys, does anyone know how I can transfer the OnePlus camera from this ROM to any other ROM? I have tried looking for one, like a magisk module (similar to what Xiaomi has with their ANXcam packages), but it seems almost impossible... I don't know what dependencies the OnePlus camera requires, nor do I know where to look for them, so any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!

GCAM is awesome, but slomo, 30x zoom, multi lens portrait mode, as well as some other things would be nice (and the only way to get them is through the stock camera app).

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
First world problems I know but I don't have the tap on my debit card and after using Google pay for years it seems like a major waste of time for me and the cashier to put a card in...wait and punch in the pin number.
Besides that, I don't know why some people have good luck with OOS 11.0.9.9 and I don't. I factory reset and started from scratch which was a waste of time because all of my issues were still there. Also I have seen other people complaining about it so I'm obviously not the only one. Maybe my specific set of apps and my carriers (using 2 sims - one for work and one personal) just doesn't jive with OOS 11 but it works much better on my old OnePlus 5 with stock android 10 and also with this ROM. 2 of my issues were Bluetooth with my truck and earbuds, then battery life and missed calls (not good for a work phone).
In case anyone else is in this situation....I waited a couple weeks hoping for some advice on here, and making sure there were no other dealbreaker bugs in the rom....everything else works fine for me.

Finally I installed the custom avp key and relocked my bootloader which forces me to spend about an hour setting everything up again, only to find that google pay still refuses to let me add my card for payment, claiming a modified device. I thought the unlocked bootloader was the reason it wouldn't work, but anyways this seems to not be the case unfortunately.

So for now I will just carry a second phone for google pay in stores, until I'm in the position to buy another phone that doesn't require a custom rom to be a reliable daily driver. As much as it annoys me, not having google pay is nothing compared to the multiple issues I had with OOS 11.

shalabajza

Nov 9, 2012
In case anyone else is in this situation....I waited a couple weeks hoping for some advice on here, and making sure there were no other dealbreaker bugs in the rom....everything else works fine for me.

Finally I installed the custom avp key and relocked my bootloader which forces me to spend about an hour setting everything up again, only to find that google pay still refuses to let me add my card for payment, claiming a modified device. I thought the unlocked bootloader was the reason it wouldn't work, but anyways this seems to not be the case unfortunately.

So for now I will just carry a second phone for google pay in stores, until I'm in the position to buy another phone that doesn't require a custom rom to be a reliable daily driver. As much as it annoys me, not having google pay is nothing compared to the multiple issues I had with OOS 11.
What kind of issues did you have? I reverted back to OOS 11 and added the Renovate Ice module to tweak some things in the direction I'd like them. The factory ROM has been quite stable for me, even with this module. BTW, if you had issues with the cameras loading/switching lenses/switching modes (from photo to video) being VERY slow, I realized that this was a kernel issue for me, and updating it to Radioactive Kernel 2.3.1 from the stock one. Ever since then, no issues whatsoever, and speed/battery life has been much better too!

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
What kind of issues did you have? I reverted back to OOS 11 and added the Renovate Ice module to tweak some things in the direction I'd like them. The factory ROM has been quite stable for me, even with this module. BTW, if you had issues with the cameras loading/switching lenses/switching modes (from photo to video) being VERY slow, I realized that this was a kernel issue for me, and updating it to Radioactive Kernel 2.3.1 from the stock one. Ever since then, no issues whatsoever, and speed/battery life has been much better too!
On stock OOS 11 I had Bluetooth connection issues, incoming call issues with both sims installed, broken invert colours toggle, excessive battery drain (thought maybe it was just battery wear until the custom ROM made such a huge difference) and multiple other issues. The only reason to stick with it would be to have working Google pay.
Camera is the one thing I didn't really have issues with except some photos not getting backed up properly (maybe my fault - not sure).

shalabajza

Nov 9, 2012
On stock OOS 11 I had Bluetooth connection issues, incoming call issues with both sims installed, broken invert colours toggle, excessive battery drain (thought maybe it was just battery wear until the custom ROM made such a huge difference) and multiple other issues. The only reason to stick with it would be to have working Google pay.
Camera is the one thing I didn't really have issues with except some photos not getting backed up properly (maybe my fault - not sure).
Hmm, that's odd. Truth be told, I was never one to advocate for kernel swaps, since I basically know little to nothing about it, but I have noticed that kernels have an impact on the performance of most vital parts of the phone (when I messed something up and flashed an A12 kernel on the OOS A11 official build, I managed to fix my slow camera lens switching issue, but wifi stopped working completely, as well as the fingerprint reader - sort of to be expected, but I was surprised that the camera started working better than before!). I know that others didn't have the slow camera issue, but I haven't heard of others facing the issues you're facing, so I really can't be for sure. But yeah, if you ever do get the itch and return to OOS, try flashing different kernels (and backup the original one ofc) and see how things change - I think this won't interfere with GPay functionality, but I could be wrong (we either don't have it here, or my Mastercard just isn't accepted for some reason)

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
Hmm, that's odd. Truth be told, I was never one to advocate for kernel swaps, since I basically know little to nothing about it, but I have noticed that kernels have an impact on the performance of most vital parts of the phone (when I messed something up and flashed an A12 kernel on the OOS A11 official build, I managed to fix my slow camera lens switching issue, but wifi stopped working completely, as well as the fingerprint reader - sort of to be expected, but I was surprised that the camera started working better than before!). I know that others didn't have the slow camera issue, but I haven't heard of others facing the issues you're facing, so I really can't be for sure. But yeah, if you ever do get the itch and return to OOS, try flashing different kernels (and backup the original one ofc) and see how things change - I think this won't interfere with GPay functionality, but I could be wrong (we either don't have it here, or my Mastercard just isn't accepted for some reason)
This is the message I get even after relocking my bootloader.
I used to mess with custom roms back in the days of HTC and nexus phones but the phone wasn't as critical to my daily work as it is now. When I get everything set up I want it to stay like that for a couple years.
Just today my work exchange email stopped working after I had to get it logged in again after relocking the bootloader....it seemed to sync up fine but is no longer functioning. Any time I switch phones or factory reset it I always regret it because something will be a problem and I'm too busy trying to keep up with the workload to deal with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211211-092628.png
    Screenshot_20211211-092628.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 73

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
I tried upgrading to pixel experience plus and relocked the bootloader and Google pay still doesn't work. Everything else seems great. Much nicer than stock oos.
I'm wondering if Google has found a way to block any custom ROMs from using gpay. I really didn't want to go all the way with root and magisk hide and the other steps I've read are needed to get it to pass. It's getting beyond the amount of time I'm willing to spend (I have to do this slow and methodically as I am not experienced with this. Step by step instructions looked at 3 times to be sure takes a while, plus setting up everything from scratch after unlocking the bootloader).
If I knew for sure I could make it work I might start over again as I'm on holidays until Jan 3rd and don't need all the work apps set up until then...but I don't want to if I think it's not going to work in the end. I'll just carry a second phone into stores for payment.

orhan2632

Dec 22, 2021
Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/:
The rom is very nice but it gives an auto update error and is not updated in any way.
rom çok güzel ama otomatik güncelleme hatası veriyor hiçbir şekilde güncellenmiyor

Last edited by a moderator:

orhan2632

Dec 22, 2021
Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/:
Thanks a lot, it would be nice if the developers continue to develop such roms.
Çok teşekkürler, geliştiriciler bu tarz romları geliştirmeye devam ederse iyi olur.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mkennedy455

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
Finally got around to doing more to find out why Google pay is not working and it appears the problem is with this ROM. Between not having a maintainer anymore (so no updates) and Google pay being broken I would recommend trying something different. Just trying to save someone else some time, since I hadn't seen any complaints about Google pay when I looked through here before installing this ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-200657_SafetyNet_`attest`.png
    Screenshot_20220108-200657_SafetyNet_`attest`.png
    217 KB · Views: 57

lieblingsbesuch

May 5, 2018
Finally got around to doing more to find out why Google pay is not working and it appears the problem is with this ROM. Between not having a maintainer anymore (so no updates) and Google pay being broken I would recommend trying something different. Just trying to save someone else some time, since I hadn't seen any complaints about Google pay when I looked through here before installing this ROM.
I use this ROM and gpay works (with lsposed).

As long as there is no successor (A12 pe), I won't install anything else bc this ROM is super stable with nearly zero issues (slider sometimes does not work, double click for camera is buggy, everything else works).

mkennedy455

Jan 25, 2015
I use this ROM and gpay works (with lsposed).

As long as there is no successor (A12 pe), I won't install anything else bc this ROM is super stable with nearly zero issues (slider sometimes does not work, double click for camera is buggy, everything else works).
It does not work if you don't root (at least in my case). Besides the 2 issues you mentioned (I ended up disabling double click for camera) the wide angle camera lens didn't work. That's about it.
Now I'm on cherish os on Android 12 which has working Google pay (without root) but a different set of glitches that seem to come at random.
I agree with sticking with what you have if you have a ROM that has no major issues with your device and usage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8Pro[instantnoodlep]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

New Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
    - Added Alert slider customization
    - Added OOS White fod icon
    - Updated Gcam
    - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
    - Fixed Screen off ok google
    - Fixed screen color issues
    - Added DC Dim
    Much Appreciated Marko.

So really quick, I just want to go over backing up your persist partition.
    It's in charge of fingerprint reader functionality and once it gets corrupt, you better be ready to clear your schedule for the day.
    You'll spend most of it repairing, re-flashing and recalibrating it, which, at the time or writing this, has a 70% success rate.
    And MSM Tool and Fastbootd will not be able to save you from this fate.

Assuming your fingerprint reader is currently working, lets take some simple preemptive measures and make future life easy for you.

First you're going to need an ADB shell with root privileges or terminal app.
    The quick and easiest one is Termux which is free in the Play Store.

Next, once you open Termux type su to gain root privileges.

after that type in this backup command here:

dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img

That sends a backup copy of the persist partition to the root of your storage (you can also close out of Termux now).

You can now move it (persist.img) from the root of your storage to your PC for safe keeping or with any cloud file manager, back it up to a cloud of your choosing.

Now if you flash a rom, your persist partition corrupts and you lose fingerprint reader functionality, you just need to type this command in fastboot:

fastboot flash persist persist.img

With persist.img being the backup you previously created.

Now you have peace of mind knowing that the literal single most important thing on your phone is backed up somewhere safe.

Happy Flashing!

Note: If your fingerprint reader has already failed, follow this link here to repair the persist partition and good luck.
    Ok guys, I see that few of you have a problems with the installation. So here are instructions how to flash this rom. For noobs like me, every step . Good luck. Only for op8pro and PE
    1. You need unlocked bootloader.
    2. On OOS 11 (stable prefered) flash latest stable OOS from system updater. (local upgrade) Reboot. Again from system updater flash latest OOS. In this way you are sure that OOS is on both slots (a &b)
    3. Download PixelExperience Fastboot ROMinstaller.zip from here.
    4. Extract it.
    5. Go to folder : payload_dumper-win64 and open folder payload_input
    6. Download PE ROM and extract it in one folder.
    7. Move the "payload.bin" file from the extracted PE ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input
    8. Run payload_dumper.exe and wait
    9. All successfully extracted img files are in "payload_output" folder (from step 5.)
    10.Move all files from "payload_output" folder (from step 8) to extracted folder from step 4 (where
    ROMinstaller.bat file is)
    11. Make sure you have installed adb and fastboot drivers:- link is here : https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and place them in adb folder (create one) in your local disk on your PC
    13. Make sure that your phone is visible in adb and fastboot.
    14.Connect phone to the PC.
    15. Go on your phone to "developer options" and enable "USB debugging"
    16. Go in the folder extracted in step 12. Open terminal from that folder ( CTRL+Shift+right click on the mouse)
    17. Type in terminal : adb devices and you need to see your phone
    18. Type again : adb reboot bootloader
    19. Your phone will boot in bootloader.
    20. To make sure everything is ok, type : fastboot devices and you need to see your phone in output.
    21. Go on your PC in folder from step 4. and run ROMinstaller.bat
    Just wait and follow instructions from terminal. Be patient.
    23. When everything is finished, from PE recovery go to factory reset and click yes.
    24. Reboot to system.
    25. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

All credits goes to : @FizzyAps and @chandra1.jd
    February update recap
    * Added on screen gestures customization for supported devices
    * February security patch
    * Under the hood improvements

Sideload working : both rom and magisk