• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Stef2071

Mar 12, 2021
Hello,

I just flashed my Oneplus 8T using the latest SW lineage-18.1-20210520-nightly-kebab-signed by DoubleClickFlasher method. The ROM is ok, I m testing it. I have an issue to have access to the 5G:
1) I tested with 2 SIMs (France - Bouygues and Orange)
2) with the original Oneplus ROM , I had the 5G network
3) I activated the 5G in the network menu (NR/LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA), also with the code *#*#3646#*#*

Result => the phone never changes in 5G, it stays always in 4G (I m sure that the area where I m testing has 5G coverage)

Any tip or solution for my issue?

Thanks
typo *#*#4636#*#* :)

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
this is Rom really awesome. There are a few problems. Fingerprint does not work in night light. Screen brightness is inconsistent. Google photos get stuck with videos.
Sounds odd but I have night light at the Lowest intensity. It works ok. Then I found that under battery settings none of my apps were optimized. So I optimized all apps and FOD works much better, even with night light on. Also adaptive brightness eventually gets pretty consistent once it learns your preferences

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
Sounds odd but I have night light at the Lowest intensity. It works ok. Then I found that under battery settings none of my apps were optimized. So I optimized all apps and FOD works much better, even with night light on. Also adaptive brightness eventually gets pretty consistent once it learns your preferences
Nevermind that was placebo!

Feb 27, 2021
Hello Developer, I am a user from China. Next, I will report two bugs in order to make the PE ROM better.
PE version: 2021.05.18 PE Plus
1. When using the 8T equipped with PE rom outdoors, there seems to be a bug in the automatic brightness, and the brightness directly becomes the brightest and cannot be adjusted manually. The bug recurrence rate is close to 100%
2. The volte video call cannot turn on the camera, and it will automatically be converted to a voice call. Telecom carrier: China Unicom.
If you can fix these problems, I will be grateful, thank you.

Reactions: blue-gem

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
So now that OOS has updated, when the new PE drops will it include all the latest blobs and modem? Or is that something we need to do manually?

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No fingerprint issues so far in latest build.
    ciao ragazzi, potete per favore dirmi il metodo migliore per installare questa rom? devo seguire le nuove istruzioni o posso installarlo tramite twrp come si fa di solito? Possiedo un kb2003. per favore rispondimi
    Ciao, guarda questo link (si trova sulla pagina iniziale, è il website dello sviluppatore).

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

New instructions to flash - NOOB Friendly:

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download the latest platform tools, if you haven't already: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    3. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and add that folder to path (if you don't know how to add a path, google it)
    4. Enable USB debugging via developer options on your phone and after that connect your phone via USB to PC
    5. Extract only the recovery.img file from the ROM zip
    6. Open a command prompt window where the extracted recovery.img is present, and enter the following one by one:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot recovery.img

7.From the phone's recovery page, do the following:

Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset -> Format data.

8. Go back to recovery page from clicking back.

9. Select "Apply Update -> Apply from ADB"

10. From the command window already opened, sideload the rom using:
    Code:
    adb sideload <ROM>.zip
    (Replace <ROM> with actual ROM file name)

11. If you want to root, after first boot, reboot to recovery again, select "Apply Update -> Apply from ADB"

12. Connect your phone to PC, open a command prompt window where Magisk zip is located, execute:
    Code:
    adb sideload <MagiskFileName>.zip
    (Replace <MagiskFileName> with actual file name)

For updating, open a command prompt window where the new ROM zip is present, execute:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    , then follow steps 9-12.

Old instructions:

@GDZechariah @Moffei97 @firdoshakir @matteosaeed @manhong2112

The zip is flashable, but without the twrp, you can't flash that way.

Instructions to flash (noob friendly):

YOUR BOOTLOADER SHOULD BE UNLOCKED

1. Flash OOS 11 on both slots (Use local upgrade option/flash via fastbootd).

2. Check using this app if u have OOS on slot_b:-
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck

1-2. (ALTERNATE WAY) - Flash OOS to slot_b via fastbootd and set the active partition as slot_b.

3. Download the latest Pixel experience ROM.

4. Download and install Python3 on your PC (TICK THE ADD PYTHON TO PATH OPTION):-
    https://www.python.org/downloads/

5. Download payload dumper and extract its zip:-
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260

6. The Pixel Experience ROM should be on ur PC.

7. Now extract the Pixel Experience ROM.

8. Put the "payload.bin" file from the extracted ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input

9. Run payload dumper.exe

10. Wait for all files to be extracted.

11. Now install adb and fastboot drivers (Skip to step 13, if you already have it):-
    https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and add that folder to path (if you don't know how to add a path, google it).

13. Enable USB debugging via developer options on your phone and after that connect your phone via USB to PC.

14. Now go to payload dumper/ payload_output folder and open a command window there.

15. On the command window, type the following commands one by one:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot reboot

16. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

For updating subsequent builds of Pixel Experience ROM, download the latest build, follow steps 7-10, 14-15. But in step 15, skip the "fastboot -w" command.

Alternate Platform Generic payload dumper: https://github.com/theincognito-inc/payload_extractor.git
    New Official Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
    - Added Alert slider customization
    - Added OOS White fod icon
    - Updated Gcam
    - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
    - Fixed Screen off ok google
    - Fixed screen color issues
    - Added DC Dim
    Just wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to chandra1.jd what a great guy and friend to bounce ideas off of. Normally devs are alone in their work, but this guy is just awesome.
    Flashed. Working fine. Fingerprint is working, included Gcam works well.