• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Aelliaria

Jul 14, 2016
Eindhoven
First of all, thnx for the ROM installed latest + version and overall runs nice and smooth!

But have some minor issues and curious if more people have them;

* Phone on speaker call is on the quit side and sound goes to the ear speaker don't know is thats normal?
* If I get a call the screen goes black after i answered the call and takes a few moments before it turns back on.
* Fast access camera doesn't work when screen is off it gets bugged with the lock screen.
* Snapchat looks like it is zoomed in ore something like 1.05x or such.
* And my banking app doesn't work properly, i could register and on the start screen I can see my balance but after i click a bank account wich i wanna use the screen turns white and unusable (problem is ROM related)

So if more people having the same problems let me know!

stmims1124

Sep 28, 2010
Gaithersburg, MD
OnePlus 8T
Hello everyone,

I read from the changelog that the ROM currently uses the Neutrino kernel.

Through this Telegram channel (https://t.me/NeutrinoKernelOP8T) I follow its development and I notice that the latest releases are more updated than the kernel that comes with the ROM.

Has anyone tried to flash these releases? Unfortunately I can't figure out if they are for the OxygenOS, for the custom ROMs like our Pixel Experience or both!
Yup, these new betas of Neutrino kernel work on Pixel Experience... I've got the "experimental" one intakes right now to test it. However, I'm running into the same issue I've run into with every single version of Neutrino...the smaller CPU cores will*NEVER* drop down to their minimum clock speed, regardless of what settings I change (yes, I've adjusted them to the standard minimum clocks, enabled set on boot, etc.). I've tried with both Franco's FKM & Flar2's EXKM kernel managers, even wiping app data for both. No matter what I do, any version of this kernel burns through battery quite a bit quicker because it's entirely averse of dropping to minimum clock speeds even when there's basically zero load on the CPU. This even happens with a fresh install of Pixel Experience ROM with a full factory reset.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE MINIMUM CLOCK SPEED ISSUE ON NEUTRINO?! Is this by design?
@chandra1.jd of course you've included Neutrino kernel as the default kernel for some good reasons, and I'd very much like use the default kernel & ROM and designed. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Please forgive me for the long, kind of rant if a post. I just want to say - I'm *EXTREMELY* appreciative of your incredible ROM and all the hard work you've put into it. It really is great, the only ROM I want to use, as the native Pixel features just work, just as though I was using an actual (bit more powerful) Pixel phone. I really hope to not come off as unappreciative, because it's the exact opposite situation. Many, manyyyy thanks to ya, sir. 😉

EDIT- I may be mistaken, but I think I read on Neutrino's dev's OP that this kernel wasn't designed (or maybe tested?) with custom ROMs. Are you perhaps using a custom version designed for custom ROMs? If I'm incorrect here, please forgive me...and just totally disregard this edit!

CanYouSmell

Oct 8, 2012
Cairo
i am getting an error everytime I try to install the rom.zip

Bash:
error applying update: 7 kinstalldeviceopenerror

Hateware

Nov 16, 2016
This ROM does not pass SafetyNet checks, PlayStore says that my phone is not certified, Google Pay doesn't let me make NFC payments.
Back to stock OxygenOS through MSM Tool, everything is fine and certified.

Any help?

Last edited:

garbanzo bean

Sep 10, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Overall performance and stability are good, tho I did notice some minor bugs such as the fingerprint sensor being slow when trying to unlock the phone from the AOD. Sometimes the screen becomes oversaturated right after unlocking but you can fix that by turning the screen off and on again. The last thing I've noticed is the minimum audio lvl being very high.

Hope the new maintainer can fix these things in the near future. 🙏

P.S. I'm running this ROM unrooted.

stmims1124

Sep 28, 2010
Gaithersburg, MD
OnePlus 8T
@chandra1.jd I know you said the ROM is getting a new maintainer, but are you completely removing yourself from development of the 8T specifically, or just not doing any ROM development at all? It sucks to see you go, man! But thank you for the awesome work you've done here. Just a random thought, had to get it out!
I guess related to that - has a new maintainer taken on the role yet?
This is not one of those ridiculous "when am I getting an update that I feel entitled to" posts, I swear... I'm just genuinely curious about the ROM's development. I'm very, very happy with it, and hope the great work continues in your absence.

Reactions: garbanzo bean

ashishthakur1991

Nov 21, 2016
New Delhi

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Device Specified Telegram Group
Our blog

I am thinking to flash this rom. Does this have parallel apps like OnePlus OS and pocket mode?

Destoryer007

Apr 5, 2021
I am facing issue with the fingerprint sensor...it always shows my fingerprint sensor is dirty....I have tried everything but still the same issue persists

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    [*]UPI-ID:- [email protected]
    [*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

New instructions to flash - NOOB Friendly:

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download the latest platform tools, if you haven't already: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    3. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and add that folder to path (if you don't know how to add a path, google it)
    4. Enable USB debugging via developer options on your phone and after that connect your phone via USB to PC
    5. Extract only the recovery.img file from the ROM zip
    6. Open a command prompt window where the extracted recovery.img is present, and enter the following one by one:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot recovery.img

7.From the phone's recovery page, do the following:

Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset -> Format data.

8. Go back to recovery page from clicking back.

9. Select "Apply Update -> Apply from ADB"

10. From the command window already opened, sideload the rom using:
    Code:
    adb sideload <ROM>.zip
    (Replace <ROM> with actual ROM file name)

11. If you want to root, after first boot, reboot to recovery again, select "Apply Update -> Apply from ADB"

12. Connect your phone to PC, open a command prompt window where Magisk zip is located, execute:
    Code:
    adb sideload <MagiskFileName>.zip
    (Replace <MagiskFileName> with actual file name)

For updating, open a command prompt window where the new ROM zip is present, execute:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    , then follow steps 9-12.

Old instructions:

@GDZechariah @Moffei97 @firdoshakir @matteosaeed @manhong2112

The zip is flashable, but without the twrp, you can't flash that way.

Instructions to flash (noob friendly):

YOUR BOOTLOADER SHOULD BE UNLOCKED

1. Flash OOS 11 on both slots (Use local upgrade option/flash via fastbootd).

2. Check using this app if u have OOS on slot_b:-
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck

1-2. (ALTERNATE WAY) - Flash OOS to slot_b via fastbootd and set the active partition as slot_b.

3. Download the latest Pixel experience ROM.

4. Download and install Python3 on your PC (TICK THE ADD PYTHON TO PATH OPTION):-
    https://www.python.org/downloads/

5. Download payload dumper and extract its zip:-
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260

6. The Pixel Experience ROM should be on ur PC.

7. Now extract the Pixel Experience ROM.

8. Put the "payload.bin" file from the extracted ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input

9. Run payload dumper.exe

10. Wait for all files to be extracted.

11. Now install adb and fastboot drivers (Skip to step 13, if you already have it):-
    https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and add that folder to path (if you don't know how to add a path, google it).

13. Enable USB debugging via developer options on your phone and after that connect your phone via USB to PC.

14. Now go to payload dumper/ payload_output folder and open a command window there.

15. On the command window, type the following commands one by one:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot reboot

16. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

For updating subsequent builds of Pixel Experience ROM, download the latest build, follow steps 7-10, 14-15. But in step 15, skip the "fastboot -w" command.

Alternate Platform Generic payload dumper: https://github.com/theincognito-inc/payload_extractor.git
    New Official Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
    - Added Alert slider customization
    - Added OOS White fod icon
    - Updated Gcam
    - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
    - Fixed Screen off ok google
    - Fixed screen color issues
    - Added DC Dim
    Just wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to chandra1.jd what a great guy and friend to bounce ideas off of. Normally devs are alone in their work, but this guy is just awesome.
    Flashed. Working fine. Fingerprint is working, included Gcam works well.