[ROM][11][OnePlus8T] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

nuwan32

May 8, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Someone tell me if I'm correct. I'm getting a 8T tomorrow and want to make sure these are the right steps.

So if i want root, I'd need to flash the rom and boot.img like normal, then boot into android, install the magisk app, copy the boot.img to the phone, use the app the patch the boot.img, connect the phone to pc, copy over the patched boot.img then flash it?

Jeez, I miss the old days of just being able to flash the root zip after flashing rom.

darktanget

Aug 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Someone tell me if I'm correct. I'm getting a 8T tomorrow and want to make sure these are the right steps.

So if i want root, I'd need to flash the rom and boot.img like normal, then boot into android, install the magisk app, copy the boot.img to the phone, use the app the patch the boot.img, connect the phone to pc, copy over the patched boot.img then flash it?

Jeez, I miss the old days of just being able to flash the root zip after flashing rom.

Congratulations & Welcome to the 8T club.

You mean after unlocking your BL, Yes you are 100% correct :)

Reactions: nuwan32

KingCartman

Aug 3, 2017
Arnsberg
Moto G5 Plus
OnePlus 8T

I can recommend this guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-oneplus-8t-easy-root-for-all-unlocked-variants.4210775/

For me thats the easiest way to gain root on the 8T.

SkadiW

Apr 21, 2021
The WiFi is not working in 04.19 plus version, I flash Global OxygenOS 11.0.7.9 first because it's Chinese Version 8T

darktanget

Aug 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Last edited:
Reactions: nuwan32 and z00man

z00man

Jun 14, 2020
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7T
personally i tend to avoid bank transfers via phone with or without root (privacy is a myth anyways), to access the account summary i use third party app e.g. "creed" for CC and use Paytm for UPI transfer they don't care about root status ;)

1. https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-run-any-banking-app-in-rooted-device-7-0-tested-on-10-q.4020265/
- Magisk hide
Thanks i will try later on, magisk hide worked flawlessly till now but i have been always at oos so its rarely problem then🙂 what comes to privacy, i use warden to my banking apps, knowing thats maybe not enough, but theres no better alternatives at my knowledge of trust😅

Last edited:

z00man

Jun 14, 2020
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7T
Installed rom and im thrilled about it how cool it feels! But noticed that fp not recognizing at low light ..have to use smart lock while fix is there..also would like to see option to remove searchbar from home screen..and tab switcher close all button is kind of hide🤔

Last edited:

z00man

Jun 14, 2020
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7T
During call screen sleeps and goes black when try to swipe down top of the screen, and it screen wakes right again when taking finger away there.

I think i have to go back to stock or another rom because of this😔

Last edited:

titi2940

Apr 24, 2021
Hello, I would like to ask you some questions about installing the image of the Pixel Experience, Magisk and fingerprint.

I apologize in advance for my approximate English.

1- Having followed the installation, and several tests of the first procedure of the official page document, ie:
- Copy of Recovery (which works well)
- Copy of partitions (which has functioned)
- Copy of the .zip file of Pixel Experience (which did not work, with the command adb sideload <filename> .zip ->
Mapping Update without arrival as said in the procedure at 47%)

2- I have resolved to use payload_dumper and reuse the procedure taken on the forum: ###########################################
fastboot -W
fastboot Flash Recovery Recovery.img
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot Flash boot boot.img
fastboot Flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastBoot --disable-verity Flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot Flash odm odm.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot reboot
###########################################
-> who worked well.

3- My question is: what to do in a new update of the Pixel Experience (for the month of May 2021), it must be started on point number 2-?
Will there be possibility to update via the system (Settings tab -> Systems -> System Update) ...

4- I used a procedure for the installation of magisk (ie recovery of the boot.img of the Pixel Experience system of 2021_04_19 and the Magisk archive to put at the root of the Android system) and via the Magisk Manager to generate the magisk.img patch and install it.
Is there a relation between the new update of the Pixel Experience system (example: for May 2021) and Magisk concerning the procedure of point number 4- (concerning the recovery of boot.img that will not be the Even)
Will it always have to pass this way to maintain the rooting of the phone?

5 - I have some problems with my fingerprint who in most cases tells me that my fingerprint is not recognized and rarely it recognizes it. (I add the same finger several times), but the problem of recognition of the footprint comes back. (I have placed a protection screen, and my fingers are clean, no dalsure), would you have encountered the same problems?

I thank you all for your questions and answers on this forum that helped me a lot.
Well to you,

Last edited:

danyeow

Aug 20, 2014
Hi all, I got stucked at flashing product with error not enough space to resize partition. Was wondering if anyone have any suggestions or how to solve this please? Thanks.

nuwan32

May 8, 2011
OnePlus 8T
So I really wanted to flash pixelexperience. followed the guide but when i get to the part to flash rom, i sideload the rom zip and kept getting this error: error in /sideload/package.zip

It just wouldnt flash. ended up flashing lineage os and it worked.. even tried flashing pixelexperience rom through lineage recovery, didnt work.

Point9

Apr 30, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Ummm.. can this rom flash on a China Retail version of 8T? I'm following the install guide on the offical website, but I getting a “Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError) E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

device's product_name is "kona" rather than "kebab", model number is "KB2000"

sorry for my bad english.

byJacco

Dec 28, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20
Ummm.. can this rom flash on a China Retail version of 8T? I'm following the install guide on the offical website, but I getting a “Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError) E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)"

You need to put the zip file in the same folder as where the adb and fastboot is located. Than it will work :)

Reactions: vthe

GreggHo

Apr 20, 2021

Do not flash by sideload ,using payload dumper instead.Mine is KB2000 too

Reactions: lixindiyi and vthe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus8T[kebab]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    [*]UPI-ID:- hasaber@icici
    [*]Paypal:- paypal.me/KakatkarAkshay

New instructions to flash - NOOB Friendly:

1. Download the latest build
    2. Download the latest platform tools, if you haven't already: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    3. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and add that folder to path (if you don't know how to add a path, google it)
    4. Enable USB debugging via developer options on your phone and after that connect your phone via USB to PC
    5. Extract only the recovery.img file from the ROM zip
    6. Open a command prompt window where the extracted recovery.img is present, and enter the following one by one:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot recovery.img

7.From the phone's recovery page, do the following:

Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset -> Format data.

8. Go back to recovery page from clicking back.

9. Select "Apply Update -> Apply from ADB"

10. From the command window already opened, sideload the rom using:
    Code:
    adb sideload <ROM>.zip
    (Replace <ROM> with actual ROM file name)

11. If you want to root, after first boot, reboot to recovery again, select "Apply Update -> Apply from ADB"

12. Connect your phone to PC, open a command prompt window where Magisk zip is located, execute:
    Code:
    adb sideload <MagiskFileName>.zip
    (Replace <MagiskFileName> with actual file name)

For updating, open a command prompt window where the new ROM zip is present, execute:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    , then follow steps 9-12.

Old instructions:

@GDZechariah @Moffei97 @firdoshakir @matteosaeed @manhong2112

The zip is flashable, but without the twrp, you can't flash that way.

Instructions to flash (noob friendly):

YOUR BOOTLOADER SHOULD BE UNLOCKED

1. Flash OOS 11 on both slots (Use local upgrade option/flash via fastbootd).

2. Check using this app if u have OOS on slot_b:-
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck

1-2. (ALTERNATE WAY) - Flash OOS to slot_b via fastbootd and set the active partition as slot_b.

3. Download the latest Pixel experience ROM.

4. Download and install Python3 on your PC (TICK THE ADD PYTHON TO PATH OPTION):-
    https://www.python.org/downloads/

5. Download payload dumper and extract its zip:-
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260

6. The Pixel Experience ROM should be on ur PC.

7. Now extract the Pixel Experience ROM.

8. Put the "payload.bin" file from the extracted ROM file to payload dumper/payload_input

9. Run payload dumper.exe

10. Wait for all files to be extracted.

11. Now install adb and fastboot drivers (Skip to step 13, if you already have it):-
    https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

12. Extract the adb and fastboot drivers zip and add that folder to path (if you don't know how to add a path, google it).

13. Enable USB debugging via developer options on your phone and after that connect your phone via USB to PC.

14. Now go to payload dumper/ payload_output folder and open a command window there.

15. On the command window, type the following commands one by one:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash odm odm.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot reboot

16. Done! Enjoy Pixel experience ROM

For updating subsequent builds of Pixel Experience ROM, download the latest build, follow steps 7-10, 14-15. But in step 15, skip the "fastboot -w" command.

Alternate Platform Generic payload dumper: https://github.com/theincognito-inc/payload_extractor.git
    New Official Build up

Changelog:

- December security patch
    - Added Alert slider customization
    - Added OOS White fod icon
    - Updated Gcam
    - Fixed slow charge message on lock screen
    - Fixed Screen off ok google
    - Fixed screen color issues
    - Added DC Dim
    Just wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to chandra1.jd what a great guy and friend to bounce ideas off of. Normally devs are alone in their work, but this guy is just awesome.
    Flashed. Working fine. Fingerprint is working, included Gcam works well.