[ROM][11][OneUI-3.1] A40s Port v2 [m30lte][STABLE]

Search This thread

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Review after using it for around two months. So far I found everything to be working great.
Minor bug : Paired bluetooth devices are lost after some time.
Why I had to uninstall this rom : the rom is resource hungry and I was stuck many times while doing day to day task like making upi payments. I tried to find out some way to disable some features like floating window but couldn't find any way to do so. Now I installed turboport v3 which is even faster than the original rom all thanks goes to @Akhil99
Hi dear,
Thanks for the honest feedback, I really appreciate the long term use review.
Can I know what version you were using? V1 or V2?
I will be working on V3 soon which will be final update and I will fix all the small but annoying bugs you mentioned.
Thanks once again, keep looking out for an update :D

Reactions: chiraganeja

chiraganeja

Jul 6, 2017
Hi dear,
Thanks for the honest feedback, I really appreciate the long term use review.
Can I know what version you were using? V1 or V2?
I will be working on V3 soon which will be final update and I will fix all the small but annoying bugs you mentioned.
Thanks once again, keep looking out for an update :D
Hi @Akhil99,
I was using v2. Earlier I had also used v1 but it was not stable. I mentioned that I wanted to disable floating windows because features like floating windows and pip mode eats a lot of ram and I was running out of free ram on this rom. I wanted to disable it in rom not in settings but there is no guide available online for this, only thing I could find was to change the OS version to 'android go' which I did not want. Hopefully you can make a rom with unlocked bootloader and probably with swappable ram support.
One more thing I found that camera of this rom was better than original rom.

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Hi @Akhil99,
I was using v2. Earlier I had also used v1 but it was not stable. I mentioned that I wanted to disable floating windows because features like floating windows and pip mode eats a lot of ram and I was running out of free ram on this rom. I wanted to disable it in rom not in settings but there is no guide available online for this, only thing I could find was to change the OS version to 'android go' which I did not want. Hopefully you can make a rom with unlocked bootloader and probably with swappable ram support.
One more thing I found that camera of this rom was better than original rom.
Hi chiraganeja.
So RAM is the issue for people like us who have 3GB variant.
So, FIMCIS2 camera in this ROM as you said is very good, even better than stock ROM.
As for RAM, we can add 1gb RAM like the new RAMPlus feature but I need to check whether OneUI 3 supports it.
OneUI 4 sure supports it, but we need more time.

phmt6

Sep 14, 2016
Hello there!
Hi chiraganeja.
So RAM is the issue for people like us who have 3GB variant.
So, FIMCIS2 camera in this ROM as you said is very good, even better than stock ROM.
As for RAM, we can add 1gb RAM like the new RAMPlus feature but I need to check whether OneUI 3 supports it.
OneUI 4 sure supports it, but we need more time.
Hello there!
I must give you congratulations for the good work. I'm on it right now.
My only question: what about Secure Folder app? Is it available or will it be on V3, at least? I really miss that so much. Any possible date for V3?

Reactions: Akhil99

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Hello there!

Hello there!
I must give you congratulations for the good work. I'm on it right now.
My only question: what about Secure Folder app? Is it available or will it be on V3, at least? I really miss that so much. Any possible date for V3?
Hi, I understand your excitement. Secure Folder will be available in V3. As for V3 date, I am not sure. I am using my M30 as main device. I hope I can make V3 in a month hopefully.

• Love
Reactions: phmt6

phmt6

Sep 14, 2016
Hi, I understand your excitement. Secure Folder will be available in V3. As for V3 date, I am not sure. I am using my M30 as main device. I hope I can make V3 in a month hopefully.
Waiting and counting the days for it!!!! Thank you a lot! I was just about leaving M30 cuz I really feel Secure Folder missing. It's the only way I can put certain apps to work.

Reactions: Akhil99

phmt6

Sep 14, 2016
Hi there again!
Couple days using it and three issues noticed:
1- As already said above, the ROM is REALLY resource hungry (and I'm using 4GB version), specially for RAM and Battery. Even my old A20 with 4000mAh holds longer.

2- Torchlight crashes out the system if you change intensity level. You're not able to shut it down after that and must restart phone to do so (the option get disabled but the light goes on unless you reboot).

3- Adaptive Brightness not working. When enabled, it just fixes the meter in an specific point and doesn't move anymore, no matter how much or less the ambient light is changed.

That said, I'm not going to uninstall it cuz, although that, it is amazing and the issues can be worked around (it's annoying but tolerable while waiting for V3). Turbo is faster but Android 11 is really awesome. Thank you again for the really good work!

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Hi there again!
Couple days using it and three issues noticed:
1- As already said above, the ROM is REALLY resource hungry (and I'm using 4GB version), specially for RAM and Battery. Even my old A20 with 4000mAh holds longer.

2- Torchlight crashes out the system if you change intensity level. You're not able to shut it down after that and must restart phone to do so (the option get disabled but the light goes on unless you reboot).

3- Adaptive Brightness not working. When enabled, it just fixes the meter in an specific point and doesn't move anymore, no matter how much or less the ambient light is changed.

That said, I'm not going to uninstall it cuz, although that, it is amazing and the issues can be worked around (it's annoying but tolerable while waiting for V3). Turbo is faster but Android 11 is really awesome. Thank you again for the really good work!
I appreciate the constructive feedback friend. I will consider these and fix them. Thanks once again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

ROM CURRENT VERSION 2
    THANKS TO EVERYONE WAITING PATIENTLY, THE WAIT IS OVER!
    BEFORE CONTINUING READING, HIT THANKS BUTTON! A LOT OF EFFORT HAS GONE INTO THIS.
    READ COMPLETE POST FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ROM.

WARNING!

As usual, I am not responsible for damage to your device, you, the user is choosing to make these modifications.
    Your device's warranty is VOID if this procedure is followed, Proceed at your own caution!

CREDITS:
    I would like to thank my mentor @neel0210 for helping me get into OneUI development and I would not be here presenting my work without him., thanks senpai!

Big Thanks to @Astrako for encouragement, timely advice & kind words.

My friend in this endeavour since the beginning @el0xren for his fixes and mods and tolerating my spam. I would not know what I would do without you buddy.

This is ROM was made in heavy collaboration with @VDavid003 who shared with me his knowledge and technical support. I consider him a heavy contributor. Thanks for your help bro!

This is ROM was made in heavy collaboration with @akhil093 who is an expert APK and FRAMEWORK developer and modder, I consider him a huge part of all M30 projects. Thanks for your help bro, let's keep the M30 alive!

@MrWaehere for his AMAZING CRB KITCHEN which made this easier!
    Huge thanks for your kitchen chief! This would've taken wayy longer without your wonderful kitchen

Myself for bringing you this A40s Port ROM for the M30 & Samsung for their sources :D.

This is the OneUI 3.1 full port from the Samsung Galaxy A40s to Samsung Galaxy M30.

What's SO special about this compared to A40 R port?

Samsung Galaxy A40s is a rebranded Galaxy M30 sold only in China and Taiwan
    A40s was released with Pie while M30 released with Oreo.
    This meant that M30 stuck on Q with pathetic OneUI Core 2.0
    while the A40s got OneUI 3.1 (not core)
    Research revealed that the devices are identical in every way except the display panel and battery capacity
    This gave us a port candidate with all features working!!!!!!
    We fixed Camera by comparing and rewriting the Device Tree Source, Porting FIMCIS2 Driver and the CAMERA HAL, so basically a full camera stack port was involved!

The result is a flawlessly working Camera!

We have fixed Samsung Camera on R ports!
    This took a lot of effort and hardwork from me and @VDavid003

I will shortly post source to github for everyone to refer.
    HIT THE THANKS BUTTON TO KEEP US MOTIVATED!

BUGS:
    YOU TELL US!
    EVERY HARDWARE FEATURE WORKS!

IN FACT SOME HARDWARE FEATURES WERE ADDED DUE TO NEW SENSOR HALS AND MUCH MORE!
    THIS IS AN A to Z port of A40s to M30!
    PLEASE LET US KNOW IF THERE IS AN ISSUE WE MIGHT HAVE NOT COME ACROSS

Contact/Post here or on our Telegram Group

THIS ROM PACKAGE HAS STOCK A40s Kernel, Kernel will be worked on later.

Based on: A3051XXU4CUJ1 AP Taiwan latest March 2021 security patch
    Base Firmware: Use Q Modem and Bootloader

Reported to be working with firmware w/ following details

Device: Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305[F] / SM-M305[M]
    BL: Q Modem and Bootloader
    CP: Q Modem and Bootloader
    CSC: HOME_CSC_OMC_ODM_M305F
    Patch:
    Android Version: 11
    One UI Version: 3.1

========================================================
    INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    ========================================================

HERE IS THE YOUTUBE VIDEO I MADE FOR INSTALLATION AND SHOWCASE:
    CLICK HERE!

If you're coming from TurboROM or other custom ROM apart from stock skip to step "c", assuming you have BL unlocked and the TWRP linked here below installed.

a.Be on the Q firmware, I will not entertain your grievances if you're on other version.
    b.Make sure bootloader unlocked and the Odin Download mode splash screen displays KG State:checking and OEM LOCK: OFF.
    c.Get the latest TWRP experimental build over here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-m30/development/recovery-twrp-3-4-0-0-recovery-t4131667
    d.Get ROM zip (See downloads at end of post).
    e.Boot into TWRP and Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
    f.Place the single ROM zip you downloaded on MicroSDCard as you will be Formatting Data later.
    g.Install A40s Port ROM zip file, read on screen instructions.
    h.After installing, format data in Wipe->Format Data->yes, if you want to keep internal storage data don't do this.
    h.Reboot into system. :p
    Device will take some time to install and bootup, wait patiently.
    In the mean time read over the features listed below.

A40s Port Version STABLE v2
    ROM FEATURES:

1.Stock A40s System FULL port, ALL A40s ONEUI 3.1 Features.
    2.Minor debloating performed.
    3.1st October 2021 Security Patch.

Feel free to report bugs, & give suggestions below.
    If you want to donate, message me on Telegram @cha0scl0wn.

HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKED OUR WORK.

CHANGELOGS: CHECK TELEGRAM!

DOWNLOADS

VERSION 1 DOWNLOAD:
    1.ROM : MEGA DRIVE | GoogleDrive (courtesy: @razs.originals ty bro)

VERSION 2 DOWNLOAD:

All credit of v2 goes to @akhil093 , thanks for your hardwork brother!
    2. ROM GoogleDrive

Big thanks to testers:
    1. @MiyamuraNEET
    2. @zan
    3. @MinatoNamikaze
    4. @bravo

Ping me if I left anyone out :)

SOME SCREENSHOTS!

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/akhil1999/android_kernel_samsung_m30lte
    Amazing work mate!!! Tons of kudos for you, keep it up!!!
    Amazing work mate!!! Tons of kudos for you, keep it up!!!
    Thanks Sir, huge inspiration from you, hope you can return to the scenes one day haha!
    Community must be glad that they have you!! Cheers!!!!!
    Thank you senpai, glad to be under your mentoring!
    @Akhil99 Please check your PM inbox. Thank you.

-Regards: Badger50 FSM
    Yes, I have done the needful. Thanks for pointing it out