[ROM][11][OneUI-3.1] TurboPort A40 v1 [m30lte][BETA]

Search This thread

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
A40R.png

BEFORE CONTINUING READING, HIT THANKS BUTTON! A LOT OF EFFORT HAS GONE INTO THIS.

READ COMPLETE POST FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ROM.

As usual, I am not responsible for damage to your device, you, the user is choosing to make these modifications.
Your device's warranty is VOID if this procedure is followed, Proceed at your own caution!

CREDITS:
I would like to thank my mentor @neel0210 for helping me get into OneUI development and I would not be here presenting my work without him., thanks senpai!

Big Thanks to @Astrako for encouragement, timely advice & kind words.

I would like to thank my mentor Augustin94.

My friend in this endeavour since the beginning @el0xren for his fixes and mods and tolerating my spam. I would not know what I would do without you buddy.

This is ROM was made in heavy collaboration with @VDavid003 who shared with me his knowledge and technical support. I consider him a heavy contributor. Go and support him,he's a cool bloke!

Myself for bringing you this A40 R Port ROM for the M30 & Samsung for their sources :D.

This is the OneUI 3.1 [not core] full port from the Samsung Galaxy A40 to Samsung Galaxy M30.

THIS ROM PACKAGE HAS A NEW KERNEL WITH UNDERCLOCK TO INCREASE STANDBY EFFICIENCY!

LITTLE cluster (6x A53 Cores) underclocked from 449MHz to 343MHz.
big cluster (2x A73 Cores) underclocked from 936MHz to 502MHz, big cluster overclocked to 2.18GHz.
Mali G71 MP2 overclocked to 1100Mhz from 845Mhz. Gamers rejoice!

Based on: A405FNXXU3CUC4 AP Ireland latest March 2021 security patch
Base Firmware: M305FDDS8CUB1 Base Firmware (BL & CP)

Reported to be working with firmware w/ following details

Device: Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305[F] / SM-M305[M]
BL: M305FDDS8CUB1
CP: M305FDDS8CUB1
CSC: HOME_CSC_OMC_ODM_M305FDDS8CUB1
Patch: 1st March 2021
Android Version: 11
One UI Version: 3.1

========================================================
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

If you're coming from TurboROM or other custom ROM apart from stock skip to step "c", assuming you have BL unlocked and the latest TWRP installed.

a.Be on the latest M30 M305FDDS8CUB1 firmware, I will not entertain your grievances if you're on other version.
b.Make sure bootloader unlocked and the Odin Download mode splash screen displays KG State:checking and OEM LOCK: OFF.
c.Get the latest TWRP stable over here https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-m30/development/recovery-twrp-3-4-0-0-recovery-t4131667
d.Get ROM zip (See downloads at end of post).
e.Boot into TWRP and Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
f.Place the single ROM zip you downloaded on MicroSDCard as you will be Formatting Data later.
g.Install A40 Port ROM zip file, read on screen instructions.
h.After installing, format data in Wipe->Format Data->yes, if you want to keep internal storage data don't do this.
k.You will need to flash a patch, find it in download named patch.zip and flash it right after the ROM zip.
l.Reboot into system. :p
Device will take some time to install and bootup, wait patiently.
In the mean time read over the features listed below.

A40 Port Version BETA 1
ROM FEATURES:
1.Stock A40 System FULL port, ALL A40 ONEUI 3.1 Features.
2.Minor debloating performed.
3.1st March 2021 Security Patch.

Feel free to report bugs, & give suggestions below.
If you want to donate, message me on Telegram @cha0scl0wn.

HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKED OUR WORK.
DOWNLOADS

1.ROM : A40 Port ROM
2.Patch file:
Patch File

Big thanks to testers:
1. @MiyamuraNEET
2. @zan
3. @MinatoNamikaze
4. @bravo
Ping me if I left anyone out :)

KERNEL SOURCE: https://github.com/akhil1999/android_kernel_samsung_m30lte

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11569201

@cha0scl0wn Great job bro! It is a pleasure working with you to bring OneUI 3.1 Port to M30. Looking forward to work on more future projects with you. :)

Reactions: Akhil99

akhil093

Jun 22, 2013
Los Angeles C.A
I installed this Rom. Everything worked fine but somehow my samsung bootlogo changed to hutchison 3 bootlogo. Now I can't get back samsung logo. Don't know which partition it got saved in.
(Edit: Found & replaced files in the location. It's inside omr partition. omr/res/media. The rom is from Ireland so maybe in India it pushes those boot logo qmgs in that directory itself when you setup your device for first time.)

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Akhil99

akhil093

Jun 22, 2013
Los Angeles C.A
Installed and Very Smooth ROM but having few Problems faced till Date.
1) Hotspot Not Working
2) Bluetooth Pairing needs Every time
3) Very low Call volume
4) Adaptive brightness not working
5) Camera Not working

Anybody faced these issues.

@Akhil99 Very Very good work and Keep it up ..​

Yes, I noticed that. Also, there is no always on display. I rooted and tried to push Aod in system/priv-app but magisk is not working properly in this rom. Tried magisk v22 stable and canary but rooting doesn't work properly. Maybe we have to wait for sometime for new magisk version.

Reactions: PotatoSmasher

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
I installed this Rom. Everything worked fine but somehow my samsung bootlogo changed to hutchison 3 bootlogo. Now I can't get back samsung logo. Don't know which partition it got saved in.
(Edit: Found & replaced files in the location. It's inside omr partition. omr/res/media. The rom is from Ireland so maybe in India it pushes those boot logo qmgs in that directory itself when you setup your device for first time.)
Yes this is using an Ireland Product package. You might encounter some branding popping up. Will be taken care of :).

Reactions: abiya

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Installed and Very Smooth ROM but having few Problems faced till Date.
1) Hotspot Not Working
2) Bluetooth Pairing needs Every time
3) Very low Call volume
4) Adaptive brightness not working
5) Camera Not working

Anybody faced these issues.

@Akhil99 Very Very good work and Keep it up ..​

1.Hotspot not working at all? Please send me logs, I will take care of it.
2.I never faced slow Bluetooth pairing, was fine for me.
3.Very low Call Volume, none of the 4 testers reported this, check your earpiece speaker and get it replaced.
4.Adaptive brightness is a part of Samsung Camera Framework, might never work due to Samsung Camera issue.
5.Use OpenCamera or any other app for regular clicking pics and video capture. Read the telegram changelog once before reporting bugs, I have clearly mentioned the Samsung stock camera app is NOT working.

Reactions: abiya and el0xren

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Yes, I noticed that. Also, there is no always on display. I rooted and tried to push Aod in system/priv-app but magisk is not working properly in this rom. Tried magisk v22 stable and canary but rooting doesn't work properly. Maybe we have to wait for sometime for new magisk version.
A40 does not have AOD feature. Pushing only the apk does not work, it needs some more files.
Since I am shipping a permissive kernel which magisk is known to have issue with rooting might cause some unknown issues.

An enforcing kernel should fix this, will be released soon.

Apr 21, 2021
OnePlus 8T
Once again bro....this is probably the best Android 11 ROM available for this device.... previously I used turbo A7 port...which was perfectly working , the only problem with that was it was android 10..but this ROM brought android 11 stable performance...with minimum bugs..till date I have noticed only one bug ....since u have already mentioned abt the camera issue....I haven't come across any othe bug so far....
Once again, Thanks a lot 💯💯💯
Looking forward ,
Best regards..

• Wow
Reactions: Akhil99 and amdth_

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
Once again bro....this is probably the best Android 11 ROM available for this device.... previously I used turbo A7 port...which was perfectly working , the only problem with that was it was android 10..but this ROM brought android 11 stable performance...with minimum bugs..till date I have noticed only one bug ....since u have already mentioned abt the camera issue....I haven't come across any othe bug so far....
Once again, Thanks a lot 💯💯💯
Looking forward ,
Best regards..
Thanks for the feedback. Camera seems to be a dead end, let's see what happens.
Turbo A7 Port is old now, so ported A40 R A11 haha, new roms coming, keep an eye out for them :)
Enjoy the ROM!

allyssonsantos

Dec 4, 2020
Instalei esta Rom. Tudo funcionou bem, mas de alguma forma meu bootlogo samsung mudou para hutchison 3 bootlogo. Agora não consigo voltar o logotipo da Samsung. Não sei em qual partição ele foi salvo.
(Editar: arquivos encontrados e substituídos no local. Está dentro da partição omr. Omr / res / media. O rom é da Irlanda, então talvez na Índia ele empurra aqueles qmgs do logotipo de inicialização naquele diretório quando você configura seu dispositivo pela primeira vez. )
How to download archive bootsamsung.qmg stock? you have link?

allyssonsantos

Dec 4, 2020
1.Hotspot não está funcionando? Por favor, envie-me os logs, eu cuidarei disso.
2. Eu nunca enfrentei o emparelhamento Bluetooth lento, foi bom para mim.
3. Volume de chamada muito baixo, nenhum dos 4 testadores relatou isso, verifique o alto-falante do fone de ouvido e substitua-o.
4. O brilho adaptativo faz parte do Samsung Camera Framework e pode nunca funcionar devido a problemas com a câmera Samsung.
5. Use OpenCamera ou qualquer outro aplicativo para clicar regularmente em fotos e captura de vídeo. Leia o changelog do telegrama uma vez antes de relatar bugs, eu mencionei claramente que o aplicativo da câmera Samsung NÃO está funcionando.
Hostpot working!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A40R.png

BEFORE CONTINUING READING, HIT THANKS BUTTON! A LOT OF EFFORT HAS GONE INTO THIS.

READ COMPLETE POST FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS ROM.

As usual, I am not responsible for damage to your device, you, the user is choosing to make these modifications.
    Your device's warranty is VOID if this procedure is followed, Proceed at your own caution!

CREDITS:
    I would like to thank my mentor @neel0210 for helping me get into OneUI development and I would not be here presenting my work without him., thanks senpai!

Big Thanks to @Astrako for encouragement, timely advice & kind words.

I would like to thank my mentor Augustin94.

My friend in this endeavour since the beginning @el0xren for his fixes and mods and tolerating my spam. I would not know what I would do without you buddy.

This is ROM was made in heavy collaboration with @VDavid003 who shared with me his knowledge and technical support. I consider him a heavy contributor. Go and support him,he's a cool bloke!

Myself for bringing you this A40 R Port ROM for the M30 & Samsung for their sources :D.

This is the OneUI 3.1 [not core] full port from the Samsung Galaxy A40 to Samsung Galaxy M30.

THIS ROM PACKAGE HAS A NEW KERNEL WITH UNDERCLOCK TO INCREASE STANDBY EFFICIENCY!

LITTLE cluster (6x A53 Cores) underclocked from 449MHz to 343MHz.
    big cluster (2x A73 Cores) underclocked from 936MHz to 502MHz, big cluster overclocked to 2.18GHz.
    Mali G71 MP2 overclocked to 1100Mhz from 845Mhz. Gamers rejoice!

Based on: A405FNXXU3CUC4 AP Ireland latest March 2021 security patch
    Base Firmware: M305FDDS8CUB1 Base Firmware (BL & CP)

Reported to be working with firmware w/ following details

Device: Samsung Galaxy M30 SM-M305[F] / SM-M305[M]
    BL: M305FDDS8CUB1
    CP: M305FDDS8CUB1
    CSC: HOME_CSC_OMC_ODM_M305FDDS8CUB1
    Patch: 1st March 2021
    Android Version: 11
    One UI Version: 3.1

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

If you're coming from TurboROM or other custom ROM apart from stock skip to step "c", assuming you have BL unlocked and the latest TWRP installed.

a.Be on the latest M30 M305FDDS8CUB1 firmware, I will not entertain your grievances if you're on other version.
    b.Make sure bootloader unlocked and the Odin Download mode splash screen displays KG State:checking and OEM LOCK: OFF.
    c.Get the latest TWRP stable over here https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-m30/development/recovery-twrp-3-4-0-0-recovery-t4131667
    d.Get ROM zip (See downloads at end of post).
    e.Boot into TWRP and Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
    f.Place the single ROM zip you downloaded on MicroSDCard as you will be Formatting Data later.
    g.Install A40 Port ROM zip file, read on screen instructions.
    h.After installing, format data in Wipe->Format Data->yes, if you want to keep internal storage data don't do this.
    k.You will need to flash a patch, find it in download named patch.zip and flash it right after the ROM zip.
    l.Reboot into system. :p
    Device will take some time to install and bootup, wait patiently.
    In the mean time read over the features listed below.

A40 Port Version BETA 1
    ROM FEATURES:
    1.Stock A40 System FULL port, ALL A40 ONEUI 3.1 Features.
    2.Minor debloating performed.
    3.1st March 2021 Security Patch.

Feel free to report bugs, & give suggestions below.
    If you want to donate, message me on Telegram @cha0scl0wn.

HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKED OUR WORK.
    DOWNLOADS

1.ROM : A40 Port ROM
    2.Patch file:
    Patch File

Big thanks to testers:
    1. @MiyamuraNEET
    2. @zan
    3. @MinatoNamikaze
    4. @bravo