• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][OP7T] crDroid+ v7.13 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
crDroid+ v7.13 for OnePlus 7t "hotdogb"

Preamble
I always preferred Cyanogen/LineageOS based ROMs over dozens of AOSP forks floating around and managed by unknown individual hobbyist developers since Lineage has some foundation and core development behind it at least.
But just plain Lineage is too flat in terms of features I would like to have and unfortunately there are almost no forks I am aware of except great crDroid ROM.
crDroid itself has almost everything I need but some little nifty features which make daily life even better.

So that's my daily driver ROM I decided to share with the community, crDroid packed with additional features.
Let's call it crDroid+ :)

Features
===== 30 September, 2021

- WiFi & Bluetooth timeout settings
- Dialer revamed to look like OOS

====== 06.09.21 build:
* Alarm & Wakelock Blockers
* Extended Navigation Gestures
* Classical AppOps backported to Android R
* Colored status bar icons
* Double Tap to trigger doze screen
* ForceDark blacklist (exclude specific apps from being "forcibly darken" if you have this setting enabled)
* Vibration patterns from OOS
* Recents: add kill action button to app shortcuts popup
* Fluid v2 & ShapeShift Android 12 locksreen clocks
* OOS icons & sounds
* Correct device model number detection (by default it's hardcoded to HD1905)
* ..and several minor fixes

Installation
It's the same as for original crDroid (perhaps LineageOS guide will work too)
The ROM has no gapps bundled so you have to install gapps of your choice (im using NikGapps) or microG (original crDroid has signature spoofing so it should work as well)

Downloads
Sourceforge

Sources
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel Source

Issues
Perhaps the same as for original crDroid but I'm not aware of any atm

Kudos
crDroid & LineageOS maintainers, The Community, contributors & patches authors

Last edited:

MirzaAwais

Feb 20, 2014
OnePlus 7T
crDroid+ v7.9 for OnePlus 7t "hotdogb"
Hi Bro,
First of all thank you for sharing such amazing work with US. Further just observed appended issues,

1- Finger Print did not working properly (Tested with all color overlays)
2- Dual Sim did not working on T mobile and maybe you need to add the DSDS fix to get it working
3- Further will report if observed

Except above ROM is working fine and Micro G as well.

Just signed in After years on XDA just because of this reply :p

Stay Safe & Blessed :)(y)

Edit: @faust93 just test an build crdroid build having dual Sim fix for t mobile variant finger print also working, so please rebuild if you have time.

Thanks to @mukesh22584 for his great help and support in adding dual Sim fix in official crdroid for us.

Last edited:

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Downloaded the dec release, tried to installed, got an interesting error from recovery.
"Package is for product Oneplus7t but expected hotdogb."
Isn't the oneplus 7t's codename hotdogb?

Update:
Installed the latest Lineage recovery, rather than the one in the directions, and was able to get the rom to install.

Last edited:

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Is there a way to reduce the minimum volume during calls with this rom? I have my volume set to the lowest level, but I can't hold my phone against my head because the speaker is too loud.
I have tried enabling/disabling the speakerphone and adjusting the volume slider with no change on the minimum volume output of a regular call.

pxrave

Apr 7, 2010
root
px-coding.org
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus 3
crDroid+ v7.11 for OnePlus 7t "hotdogb"

So that's my daily driver ROM I decided to share with the community, crDroid packed with additional features.

Features
===== 30 September, 2021

====== 06.09.21 build:
* ForceDark blacklist (exclude specific apps from being "forcibly darken" if you have this setting enabled)
* OOS icons & sounds

thanks for updating. you just change features and dont add gapps yes? so its basicly the same like official?

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
Is there a way to reduce the minimum volume during calls with this rom? I have my volume set to the lowest level, but I can't hold my phone against my head because the speaker is too loud.
I have tried enabling/disabling the speakerphone and adjusting the volume slider with no change on the minimum volume output of a regular call.
Hmm, that's weird. Have no such problem. Do you have any audio mods installed like viper etc? Also check default audiofx/moto audio settings, may be they affect somehow..

Reactions: HueyT

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
Hmm, that's weird. Have no such problem. Do you have any audio mods installed like viper etc? Also check default audiofx/moto audio settings, may be they affect somehow..
Nope. Clean install. Nothing installed at all other than gapps and root, and call volume set to the lowest level is easily what I would expect at mid to high levels on any device. I want to turn down the volume, but can't as I am already at the lowest setting.
My mother called me this afternoon and I had to hold the phone 5" away from my head during the entire call because of how loud it was.

I've been trying to find a way to edit the /vendor/ect/mixer_paths files in hopes I can reduce the call gain, but every time I make a change the file size drops to 0. After that the system will no longer reboot, and I have to do a clean install.

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
Nope. Clean install. Nothing installed at all other than gapps and root, and call volume set to the lowest level is easily what I would expect at mid to high levels on any device. I want to turn down the volume, but can't as I am already at the lowest setting.
My mother called me this afternoon and I had to hold the phone 5" away from my head during the entire call because of how loud it was.

I've been trying to find a way to edit the /vendor/ect/mixer_paths files in hopes I can reduce the call gain, but every time I make a change the file size drops to 0. After that the system will no longer reboot, and I have to do a clean install.
So you mean in-call volume does not work at all or the lowest is too loud still? Check "crDroid Settings->Sound->Volume steps" and try to adjust Voice Call item.

wizardknight

Nov 1, 2009
Seattle WA
So you mean in-call volume does not work at all or the lowest is too loud still? Check "crDroid Settings->Sound->Volume steps" and try to adjust Voice Call item.
The incall volume, at the lowest level, is like having the speakerphone turned on. I can set the phone down and clearly hear what is being said. At the lowest level is is too way loud.

I have already been able to increase the number of volume steps, unfortunately it doesn't reduce the volume level of the lowest step. Or if it is reducing the volume level is is by a trivial amount.

Last edited:

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Estonia
Reactions: HueyT

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Is there some changelog for latest builds?
EDIT: WRONG DEVICE

crDroid 8.0 - OFFICIAL | Android 12.

Updated: 11/01/'22

Source Changelog:
• Initial stable version

Device Changelog:
• Initial VNDK 31 Stable build

Notes:
• Clean flash must from crDroid A11.
• Report only device related issues as rom
source code is still beta.
• Non Dynamic Build
• Recommended BitGapps

LINK FOR CORRECT DEVICE:

Last edited:
Reactions: wizardknight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @faust93
    Any chance you could build an update that includes this patch for the brightness? It looks like it would really smooth out the brightness ramp curve.
    Hi. Though it's for different device I have applied the patch in 220109 build. But it did not make things much better IMHO...
    Is there some changelog for latest builds?
    EDIT: WRONG DEVICE

crDroid 8.0 - OFFICIAL | Android 12.

Updated: 11/01/'22

Source Changelog:
    • Initial stable version

Device Changelog:
    • Initial VNDK 31 Stable build

Notes:
    • Clean flash must from crDroid A11.
    • Report only device related issues as rom
    source code is still beta.
    • Non Dynamic Build
    • Recommended BitGapps

LINK FOR CORRECT DEVICE:

crDroid+ v7.13 for OnePlus 7t "hotdogb"

Preamble
    I always preferred Cyanogen/LineageOS based ROMs over dozens of AOSP forks floating around and managed by unknown individual hobbyist developers since Lineage has some foundation and core development behind it at least.
    But just plain Lineage is too flat in terms of features I would like to have and unfortunately there are almost no forks I am aware of except great crDroid ROM.
    crDroid itself has almost everything I need but some little nifty features which make daily life even better.

Features
    ===== 30 September, 2021

====== 06.09.21 build:
    * OOS icons & sounds

Installation
    It's the same as for original crDroid (perhaps LineageOS guide will work too)
    The ROM has no gapps bundled so you have to install gapps of your choice (im using NikGapps) or microG (original crDroid has signature spoofing so it should work as well)

Downloads
    Sourceforge

Sources
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel Source

Issues
    Perhaps the same as for original crDroid but I'm not aware of any atm

Kudos
    crDroid & LineageOS maintainers, The Community, contributors & patches authors
    I'm on HD1905 (originally global rom but now on Lineage)
    Is the mic working on this rom for calls? It doesn't work for me on Lineage.
    I'm on HD1903 and mic is OK. Can't say anything about 1905 but there's a chance it does not since crDroid itself is Lineage based ROM. Device tree used for building is a bit different though.
    thanks for updating. you just change features and dont add gapps yes? so its basicly the same like official?
    Exactly, same code base/device trees + additional features and no gapps.