• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11] PixelExperience for Alldocube iPlay30 / Pro [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

hil58

Jul 1, 2021
???????????
Is possible deleting the data a problem.
"6. Connect your pad with PC via USB cable, then run with adb:

Code:
adb sideload <The-Path-of-ROM(Modify it according to your file path)>
7. Wipe data in recovery."

But how do I delete the data ?

Groger

Jul 26, 2010
after tons of trys im susseful installed the ROM.... the goal in my case was to install the CN version
the global isnt working for me,,,,,i got the same 47 % fail but ignore it,,,,,factory reset in recovery and the device boots,,,,,the instructions in op work for me,,,,,,thx for the hard work and support :)

Sonic Crash

May 29, 2016
after tons of trys im susseful installed the ROM.... the goal in my case was to install the CN version
the global isnt working for me,,,,,i got the same 47 % fail but ignore it,,,,,factory reset in recovery and the device boots,,,,,the instructions in op work for me,,,,,,thx for the hard work and support :)
This solved my issue. The hardest part was finding a download for the Chinese firmware but found one here: https://blog.chenx221.cyou/2021/03/06/酷比魔方iplay30玩机记录/ and installed with sp flash tool. Once this was done install completed without issue.

Reactions: rinat.nexus

Sonic Crash

May 29, 2016
This has been a good daily driver for me, the only consistent issue I've run into is app crashes when embedded video tries to load. Doesn't happen in YouTube but is frequent in my Arlo security can app when trying to view my 4k cameras or in the Amazon shopping app when a video or add roll tries to load.

lastway

Jul 28, 2021
Is it possible to know the product number of your tablet?

In order to avoid the message "(~ 47%) adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0" or similar, as suggested above, I first installed the firmware in the Chinese version (iPlay30 Pro (T1012C) -Android10 file -210129- 固件 & 教程 .rar), but this operation has bricked my tablet and to unbrick it I had to ask for help from the Alldocube support who promptly reported me the firmware suitable for my T1012E device.

That's why, before making other attempts, I was curious to know the tablet product number of those who have successfully installed Pixel Experience, including @Sjll .

Thanks in advance to all who will answer me.

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Waw. Waiting for custom ROM for my alldocube. Do you mine to adding video how this ROM perform. Since I use my tablet for works what's the difference between this and stock.

Did it still have 4 axis orientation? Thank you before for your work

I'm getting the same errors rinat.nexus and JRazman are getting (fails at 47%). Can I get that recovery firmware you shared?

C:\Users\lup\Desktop\platform-tools>adb sideload poe.zip
serving: 'poe.zip' (~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

Is it possible to know the product number of your tablet?

In order to avoid the message "(~ 47%) adb: failed to read command: Undefined error: 0" or similar, as suggested above, I first installed the firmware in the Chinese version (iPlay30 Pro (T1012C) -Android10 file -210129- 固件 & 教程 .rar), but this operation has bricked my tablet and to unbrick it I had to ask for help from the Alldocube support who promptly reported me the firmware suitable for my T1012E device.

That's why, before making other attempts, I was curious to know the tablet product number of those who have successfully installed Pixel Experience, including @Sjll .

Thanks in advance to all who will answer me.

CN firmware is not a flashable zip for recovery, extract it, or check the guidance in global firmware.

lastway

Jul 28, 2021
@Sjll
Can you tell me on which Iplay 30 Pro model have you tested your PixelExperience custom rom? Just to try I flashed my T1012E device with original Chinese and International firmware (using SP Flash Tool) and in both cases the tablet gets bricked. Both firmware have in common the abbreviation T1012C, so, in my opinion, firmware with the code T1012C in the filename are not suitable for T1012E models. In the meantime I unbricked my Iplay 30 Pro by flashing the firmware for T1012E devices sent by Alldocube support.

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
@Sjll
Can you tell me on which Iplay 30 Pro model have you tested your PixelExperience custom rom? Just to try I flashed my T1012E device with original Chinese and International firmware (using SP Flash Tool) and in both cases the tablet gets bricked. Both firmware have in common the abbreviation T1012C, so, in my opinion, firmware with the code T1012C in the filename are not suitable for T1012E models. In the meantime I unbricked my Iplay 30 Pro by flashing the firmware for T1012E devices sent by Alldocube support.

CN firmware is not necessary I think.
Code:

This means adb tools didn't read the status. But for some devices, images should be flashed in.
12E has little difference with 12C, You can convert *****.new.dat.br files to images, then flash them in fastbootd mode. But I am not sure if it will work.
fastbootd not fastboot.

Last edited:

Horgun

Aug 3, 2013
Cuiabá - MT
1628286577489.png

Same here with my T1012E. I doesn't boot. Stays in a screen saying it's in Orange State. Flashing stock rom using sp flash tool brings it back.
EDIT: When I enter recovery again (before flashing stock back), there some errors:
E: Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory E: emulated failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 on /storage/emulated: No such file or directory

And if I try to format the system partition (just to see what would happen) I get:
-- Wiping system... Formatting /system... E: Failed to open /dev/block/dm-1: No such file or directory System wipe failed.

I'm guessing it's related to partitioning issues or something like that.

Last edited:

Dec 31, 2014
First of all, special thanks to you for your work, this ROM is amazing, much better then stock ROM.
Still there is an issue while charging the pad in shut down mode, the charging screen keeps on and not turning off

wizard8400

Sep 4, 2016
I'm also stuck with this error:
serving: 'pe-rom.zip' (~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

I have tried on Iplay 30 Pro T1012C and I don't know how to make it work... I have restored stock rom until a solution is found. Thank you for your contribution! Hope to make it work somehow.

Horgun

Aug 3, 2013
Cuiabá - MT
CN firmware is not necessary I think.
Code:

This means adb tools didn't read the status. But for some devices, images should be flashed in.
12E has little difference with 12C, You can convert *****.new.dat.br files to images, then flash them in fastbootd mode. But I am not sure if it will work.
fastbootd not fastboot.
Hi, thanks for your work.
I just tried this and same issue :x
Is there a specific order to flash the files?
I flashed boot.img, then product.img and finally system.img.
product and system which i had to convert both gave a "Invalid sparse file format at header magic" warning but got written anyways.

1628794026331.png

EDIT: I reflashed only the boot.img from the stock firmware and it booted.

Last edited:

Horgun

Aug 3, 2013
Cuiabá - MT
Hi again, I found a possible bug: can't get Ok Google to work. It says it doesn't have support for my language even if I change it to English US.
If I try from different settings entry points sometimes I can turn it on, but it still doesn't work.

nuyuyui

Jun 13, 2018
TOKYO
OK, now I find a solution for global user.

1. download CN-rom from https://mega.nz/file/cYgyXLzR#MWEw0byOPqRxnsSzSZ-y7NBlquvDPO5f5h64qfTn2Ow , and flash it with SP Flash tool(I used v5.2124_Win).

2. boot it and check OEM unlocking , then do BLU in fastboot.

3. follow the guide of this thread(about vbmeta and recovery).

4. Well, they are stopped in 47% though, but ignore it and factry reset in recovery.

5. reboot and .... you should see google boot logo!

Thank you for this nice rom!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does your pen support MPP2.0? If so, and if it doesn't work with stock, I guess it's a hardware failure.
    I think the stylus feature depends on the kernel, not the rom, so I wonder if there is no way to fix it if SP Flash does not fix it ....
    Yes, Surface can use it and the pen is working well, Only the tablet went wrong.
    But I formated some partitions before flashing the rom. A full-disk backup maybe works.
    After some tests, I was able to verify that for GLOBAL USERS (ie non-Chinese users) with iPlay 30 Pro T1012E model the procedure suggested by @nuyuyui is the correct one.

OK, now I find a solution for global user.

1. download CN-rom from https://mega.nz/file/cYgyXLzR#MWEw0byOPqRxnsSzSZ-y7NBlquvDPO5f5h64qfTn2Ow , and flash it with SP Flash tool(I used v5.2124_Win).

2. boot it and check OEM unlocking , then do BLU in fastboot.

3. follow the guide of this thread(about vbmeta and recovery).

4. Well, they are stopped in 47% though, but ignore it and factry reset in recovery.

5. reboot and .... you should see google boot logo!

Thank you for this nice rom!!

WARNING: if the model of your iPlay 30 Pro is T1012C do not use the above link or your tablet will stop booting and you have to reflash it with the correct version (you can find the link in the first post).

For your reference, if you are a T1012E model owner and in the case you need to restore your original firmware, the link is the following (see official website, under Support: https://www.alldocube.com/en/firmware/alldocube-iplay30-prot1012e-firmware-download/):

- GLOBAL firmware for T1012E, direct link:
    https://mega.nz/file/0MN1EIpY#7sTqnm-U3ySAuEOnYMwmrOtTEFDr4R1Merq9PZZLiJM

REMEMBER: As a GLOBAL USER you MUST first install the Chinese firmware for your T1012E (use SP Flash tool v5.2124). Otherwise, if you proceed directly with the global firmware, at the end of update procedure, after rebooting, the tablet freezes at the boot and the only way to solve it is to start over by turning the iPlay 30 off and installing the Chinese firmware (always using SP Flash tool v5.2124 ).

Also for me the update procedure of PixelExperience image stopped at 47% with the following message:

C: \ adb \ adb sideload PixelExperience_iPlay30-11.0-20210622-0539-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    Patching system image unconditionally
    Patching product image unconditionally
    (...)
    serving: 'PixelExperience_iPlay30-11.0-20210622-0539-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~ 47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

script succeded: result was [1.000000]

After you click the arrow button to go back, it adds the following line:
    Install completed with status 0.

Despite everything, as @nuyuyui suggested, I ignored the message and did a factory reset in recovery.

At the end of the reset I restarted the tablet and, after about 10 seconds in which the Alldocube word was visible, the Google logo appeared.

REMEMBER 2: the bootloader must be left unlocked: if you try to lock it, the installed image (PixelExperience) is not recognized as valid and the iPlay 30 Pro goes into bootloop. To solve you need to install Chinese firmware with SP Flash tool v5.2124 and start over again.

@Sjll
    It will not be the case to integrate the procedure reported in the first post indicating the links for the different iPlay 30 Pro models (T1012C and T1012E) and for the different versions (Chinese and Global) highlighting the fact that global users MUST install the Chinese firmware first, otherwise the update procedure will fail?

Just for info: how will it work for the future security updates released from Google? Will they be installable or not?

Thank you for the nice rom!!

@nuyuyui The firmware you posted is for T1012E, I have T1012C, did you flash the T1012E firmware on the T1012C device or your device is also T1012E ?

You cannot install a T1012C firmware on T1012E model and viceversa otherwise the tablet will not turn on and the only way to solve is to install the correct firmware version with SP Flash tool v5.2124.

If you are a global user, you MUST first install the T1012C Chinese firmware:
    https://mega.nz/file/YAwE1YgL#TX-lpGiYQJPR2lAAs4Ipn6NMHA8TdJk7CRcQFfQ-t08
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Alldocube iPlay30 / Pro

Alldocube, please public kernel source according to GPL rules if you see this thread.

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11
    Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    VoLTE
    GPS
    Auto Brightness
    Camera
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Sound
    Stylus
    Faceunlock

Selinux
    Enforced

Known issues
    You tell me.

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download
    AFH

Donation

https://paypal.me/sjllls

Flashing and updating

*/* Unlock bootloader

1. Exit your google account.
    2. Enable OEM unlock in developer settings.
    3. Enable adb debug in developer settings.
    4. Download latest adb driver from google, install it to make sure your PC recognized your pad in adb mode.
    5. Download latest platform-tools from google.
    6.Run with adb:
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    7. Download latest fastboot driver from google, install it to make sure your PC recognized your pad in fastboot mode.
    8. Run with fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    9. Unlock bootloader according the tissues on screen.
    10. Pad will reboot and all data will be wiped

*/* Flash ROM
    1. All files needed was uploaded to AFH, copy vbmeta.img and recovery.img to the rootdir of platform-tools.
    2. Enable adb debug in developer settings.
    3. Run with adb:
    Code:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    4. Run with fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    5. After entering recovery, you can control pad by volume keys and power keys, power keys is enter.
    then choose Apply update - Apply from ADB
    6. Connect your pad with PC via USB cable, then run with adb:
    Code:
    adb sideload <The-Path-of-ROM(Modify it according to your file path)>
    7. Wipe data in recovery.
    8. After finished flashing, reboot and enjoy.

If you met any issue, you need to try to flash this official ROM before flashing PE 11. (T1012 & T1012C)
    iPlay30 Pro(T1012C)-Android10-210129. You can download from AFH.

Root permission
    Sideload Magisk in recovery

Contributors
    Sjll
    Source Code:
    ROM source: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Kernel source: Non, use stock prebuilt kernel.

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-06-20
    Last Updated 2021-06-20
    Hi, Thanks for the great work.

I installed the ROM and I encountered an issue that the tablet unable to adjust sound volume, it is always in maximum volume.

Thanks
    I aleady fixed it, new build will be uploaded today after new build finish.

Waw. Waiting for custom ROM for my alldocube. Do you mine to adding video how this ROM perform. Since I use my tablet for works what's the difference between this and stock.

Did it still have 4 axis orientation? Thank you before for your work
    Orientation works.
    Please let us know how it perform? Battery? Dual sim work? I'm using active stylus to take a note, is it palm rejection still working? Gesture navigation is it work in third party launcher? I'm still considering for install this ROM. Thank you in advance.
    I feel the preformce is running smoother than stock rom, battery life seems no difference with stock rom.

However, I just use the tablet at home watch YouTube so I have not try dual sim and stylus

Hope this help
    This solved my issue. The hardest part was finding a download for the Chinese firmware but found one here: https://blog.chenx221.cyou/2021/03/06/酷比魔方iplay30玩机记录/ and installed with sp flash tool. Once this was done install completed without issue.