• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11] Project Sakura 5.1 [OFFICIAL] | Monthly Updates | VANILLA

Search This thread

jmeas

Apr 4, 2013
Another question after I just got the most recent version installed (super easy to do a clean install with Migrate), is anyone able to get Locast to work?

I have Magisk hide working to play both Sling and Netflix, but Locast refuses. The white loading screen pops up, the loading wheel moves, the screen auto-rotates back then forth on its own, before finally returning to the guide screen.

DumbDumberGeek

Aug 12, 2021
Problem with WPA2/WPA3 transition mode Wifi network

Config:
  • Samsung Galaxy S8
  • ROM: "ProjectSakura-5.2-VANILLA-20210809-1706-dreamlte-OFFICIAL.zip"
  • GApp: "open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210811.zip"
I cannot connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 on a WPA2/WPA3 transition mode Wifi network.
Is anyone having the problem?

It works fine on a WPA2 -AES wifi network but not on a WPA2/WPA3.
When I used to have the stock ROM, I did not have the problem.

synenergy52

Oct 24, 2011
Oh boy. It's been a while. I just bought a T-Mobile S8+ and I really want to install a super stable rom on it. From my short research and now layman knowledge since last time I messed with roms, it seems Sakura is a good rom. Only thing is I have a Mac. Can I install roms using a mac, particularly this one?

Also isn't there a Sakura 5.2 now, is that the go to or what is a known stable every day rom? My primary phone is an iPhone 12 Pro but I bought an Android to play around with again and to have a backup phone. Sorry if these are dumb questions. Back after 10 years!

MydVDZ

Jun 17, 2017
Oh boy. It's been a while. I just bought a T-Mobile S8+ and I really want to install a super stable rom on it. From my short research and now layman knowledge since last time I messed with roms, it seems Sakura is a good rom. Only thing is I have a Mac. Can I install roms using a mac, particularly this one?

Also isn't there a Sakura 5.2 now, is that the go to or what is a known stable every day rom? My primary phone is an iPhone 12 Pro but I bought an Android to play around with again and to have a backup phone. Sorry if these are dumb questions. Back after 10 years!
Unfortunately you can't install a custom rom on a North American variant. The models with Exynos processors (European, Middle Eastern and Asian devices) have easily unlockable bootloaders unlike the NAFTA devices which means these custom roms can only be installed on the Exynos models.

synenergy52

Oct 24, 2011
Yeah you're right.. after a whole night of trying, I gave up on the OEM Unlocking button being missing. Tried all tutorials, all combinations, what seems like a million reboots. So there's no one that's rooted a NA S8+ huh? (snapdragon variant) man i've never heard of that. Go figure the very phone I choose to get back into the Android modding scene is the one phone that doesn't work. =/ Are the Galaxy S9 and S10 the same way?

synenergy52

Oct 24, 2011
I want a modern S8+ or S10+ or Note 8 to install a custom ROM on. It seems like I need an Exynos version of all the above? I don't get how are people modding their galaxies. Is everyone just buying Exynos (international) versions from overseas? I didn't know installing roms on one of the more popular Android phones such as the Galaxy was that out of reach... is this a new thing in 2021? Do people just use the standard OS with all the bloatware nowadays?

MydVDZ

Jun 17, 2017
I want a modern S8+ or S10+ or Note 8 to install a custom ROM on. It seems like I need an Exynos version of all the above? I don't get how are people modding their galaxies. Is everyone just buying Exynos (international) versions from overseas? I didn't know installing roms on one of the more popular Android phones such as the Galaxy was that out of reach... is this a new thing in 2021? Do people just use the standard OS with all the bloatware nowadays?
Unfortunately, yes. This is a thing. Samsung has blocked the bootloaders of the Snapdragon versions for some reason. There are very limited options just to have root access and that will also trip a safety mechanism in the phone that will limit the maximum battery charge to 80%. At least this happens in the 8 family, can't tell anything about the others.

Samith_LK

Nov 15, 2013
After trying for months of I was finally able to install the stock rom again.

Pros in Sakura:
  • App level security. Allow permission to each session as it's on Android 11

Cons (generally installing a custom rom):
  • The phone was so slow If I am not being patient most of the time it gets stuck and crashes.
  • Camera takes ages to open. It mostly get stuck.
  • Android auto doesn't work.
  • None of bank apps work. Even when I try with Magisk.
  • Iris scanner is not functional.
  • Free call recordings option in One UI is gone here. Has to pay for 3rd party call recording apps in Magisk for Sakura.
  • Chrome cast doesn't work.

Reactions: Snowers96

tanuse

Aug 11, 2011
@Haridhayal
Bug already reported. The headset does not work. When the headset is inserted, the sound always comes from the speaker of the teleno. It all works with Bluetooth y earphone. Will this be fixed in the next update? Thanks in advance.

chinchulin01

Sep 7, 2013
I did a fresh install last night. I'm removing it today, 16h later. It's quite buggy, crashes and slows down frequently. When I reboot it gets stuck in the almond tree picture with no icons or options on it. I have to click on the on the on/off button twice to make the unlock keyboard appear. And idk if it's related with this ROM but Whatsapp gets stuck when trying to upload a backup.
It still needs some refinements.

Haridhayal

@Haridhayal
Bug already reported. The headset does not work. When the headset is inserted, the sound always comes from the speaker of the teleno. It all works with Bluetooth y earphone. Will this be fixed in the next update? Thanks in advance.
Audio out from 3.5mm jack works. USB C earphones are not supported on this ROM.

I did a fresh install last night. I'm removing it today, 16h later. It's quite buggy, crashes and slows down frequently. When I reboot it gets stuck in the almond tree picture with no icons or options on it. I have to click on the on the on/off button twice to make the unlock keyboard appear. And idk if it's related with this ROM but Whatsapp gets stuck when trying to upload a backup.
It still needs some refinements.
This is not normal. You have installed something else and it is causing issues.

Leandro_Silva12

Aug 26, 2021
Hello, I didn't fail to notice that in this Custom rom my S8 heats up a lot and very fast, besides the battery life is not the best, could I fix this without affecting the performance in the next update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Code:
     Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

CLEAN FLASH( if coming from any other ROM or from Sakura Android 10) :
    - Download the ROM from website.
    - Reboot to recovery.
    - Take Backup (Optional)
    - Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    - Flash the latest build
    - Flash
    Opengapps (if you need Gapps)
    - Reboot

DIRTYFLASH( if updating from Sakura Android 11) :
    1) via OTA
    2) Manual Method
    -- Download the ROM from website.
    - Reboot to recovery.
    - Flash the latest build.
    - Flash the same Gapps package you used before if it bootloops.
    - Reboot

download.png

DOWNLOAD

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -AOSiP
    -DerpFest

-Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM

donate.png

Donate to ROM Maintainer
    Paypal

Donate to ROM Developer
    [/SIZE]

source.png

Project Sakura Source

support.png

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

miscinfo.png

Thanks to

@Stricted, @Vaughnn - for the device tree
    @Wugene - Helping/Sharing bug fixes
    @bruh™ - Helping/Sharing bug fixes

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
    Maintainer:
    Haridhayal
    Build Type: Official

Kernel Source: universal8895

ROM OS Version: 11.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Sakura 5.R for dreamlte/dream2lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+

Contributors
    Haridhayal
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Lineage OS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 5.R
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-22

Created 2020-11-22
    Last Updated 2020-11-22
    General Tips
    - If your device boot loops after flashing an update via OTA, just reflash the exact gapps package you flashed before.

- f2fs supported
    - AOD disabled by default (it can be enabled using the quicksettings toggle)

Bugs
    - HWC
    - Hotspot
    - HDR video playback (fixed)
    - WiFi direct
    - Screen Recording with internal audio
    Thanks for the ROM. Installed and working well on my S8.

Is there any way to get banking apps and Google Pay working?
    Install Magisk and enable magiskhide

Hi! Is audio over bluetooth and android auto working on this ROM ? What about also SElinux ?
    Bluetooth audio works, android auto idk
    I get an error when I try to download Viper4android drivers. How can I solve this? Pls help me @Haridhayal
    Im not sure, I recommend joining the telegram group someone there might be able to help.

everybody Why don't have fast charging?
    Fast charging works it just doesnt show.
    How likely is it that the hotspot will be fixed at some point? Kinda of a dealbreaker in general...
    I second this, I'd be installing right now but I use hotspot on a daily basis. I'll be keeping an eye.
    Thanks for the ROM. Installed and working well on my S8.

Is there any way to get banking apps and Google Pay working?