[EOL][ROM] [11] Project Sakura 5.1 [OFFICIAL] | Monthly Updates | VANILLA

Search This thread

Samith_LK

Nov 15, 2013
I used Sakura 5.1 more than a month now and started missing the old stock ROM because of these issues in Sakura 5.1
  • Sometimes OS get unresponsive when I try to view recent apps or try to close an app.
  • Camera is buggy. I tried installing google camera as well. Even it's not running properly.
  • Fingerprint scanner is buggy sometimes when I try to unlock the phone with it.
  • Android Auto isn't working with the car. The app crashes when i connect the phone to the car. Installed Android Auto from APK mirror seperately as well, but that also fails.
  • Iris scanner is not usable in Sakura. Iris scanner unlock worked in stock os even in pitch dark.
  • Bluetooth is buggy. Sometimes it doesn't show the headsets i have and it never detects by car.
  • None of the banking apps work on the phone (I know this is because phone is rooted) I tried Magisk , but most of them are still don't work.

I am trying to flash stock rom. Downloaded the latest available ROM from Sammobile but then it gives an error saying "sw rev check fail bootloader device 12 binary 11". Seems like i am stuck with Sakura :(

examiner

Oct 25, 2011
batangas
I used Sakura 5.1 more than a month now and started missing the old stock ROM because of these issues in Sakura 5.1
  • Sometimes OS get unresponsive when I try to view recent apps or try to close an app.
  • Camera is buggy. I tried installing google camera as well. Even it's not running properly.
  • Fingerprint scanner is buggy sometimes when I try to unlock the phone with it.
  • Android Auto isn't working with the car. The app crashes when i connect the phone to the car. Installed Android Auto from APK mirror seperately as well, but that also fails.
  • Iris scanner is not usable in Sakura. Iris scanner unlock worked in stock os even in pitch dark.
  • Bluetooth is buggy. Sometimes it doesn't show the headsets i have and it never detects by car.
  • None of the banking apps work on the phone (I know this is because phone is rooted) I tried Magisk , but most of them are still don't work.

I am trying to flash stock rom. Downloaded the latest available ROM from Sammobile but then it gives an error saying "sw rev check fail bootloader device 12 binary 11". Seems like i am stuck with Sakura :(
You can flash rom base on stock rom like rom from alexander.

hkalman

Nov 21, 2008

Try to refresh everything with Odin, this must be works. I thinking about this too :(, but the Sakura is a very good work. I will wait, maybe Haridhayal have some idea how we could use the Android Auto :)

Last edited:

ddkol.

Jul 21, 2021

So as far as I know you can't run the stock Rom with an aftermarket recovery. There is a workaround, but you will need stock everything.

Reactions: hkalman

Samith_LK

Nov 15, 2013
Same boat, did an OTA and now boot loop, can't even get into recovery or download mode.

Did you use TWRP to flash the rom ? Or Lineage OS recovery?
When I installed Sakura 5, the recovery got changed to Lineage Recovery. I tried to flash Sakura 5.1 through Lineage Recovery and same thing happened to me. It got stuck in in the sakura boot screen. Then I flashed TWRP again and tried through that. Then it worked.

On flashing stock, you are getting that error as you are trying to flash older filmware than what is already on the phone, download the latest filmware and it will work.

Jan 29, 2015
Hello, can anyone help me my Galaxy Note 8 wifi doesn't work on any AOSP ROMS only on STOCK ROMS .. it keeps saying scanning but not finding any wifi network .. I haven't found any solution online for this bug maybe it's only my phone can someone please help

hkalman

Nov 21, 2008
I have a partial solution for Android Auto problem. I think that the problem caused by OpenGapps. For Android Auto need Stock / Full version, but these editions didn't releaed. I tired to install "Android Auto for Phone Screens", Google App, Android System Webview, Google Maps and the Android Auto started, my car tell me see the phone screen where I found Google Assistant. :)

CubyRAWR

Aug 10, 2021
I have a partial solution for Android Auto problem. I think that the problem caused by OpenGapps. For Android Auto need Stock / Full version, but these editions didn't releaed. I tired to install "Android Auto for Phone Screens", Google App, Android System Webview, Google Maps and the Android Auto started, my car tell me see the phone screen where I found Google Assistant. :)
Android Auto doesn't works (for me).

The Android Auto recognize my car (Kia Ceed CD), but the car can't connect. I tried with various version of the Android Auto included the latest beta.

The message is under the KIA in the red circle: Connect the car trough the Android Auto compatible USB port to the car.

This function works with other rom correctly.

View attachment 5370179View attachment 5370177
Have you guys looked into the Full Version of "nikgapps"?

They claim they have "Android Auto" support in the Full Package

lyca5000

Oct 2, 2020
Which TWRP should I use? I have 3.1.1-0 and it gives me error 1 when I try to flash that ROM. I forgot to mention it is snapdragon

hkalman

Nov 21, 2008
I just installed this ROM again and I think that maybe this little howto will help someone.

I. Download what you will need

1, download Odin3 v3.14.4 (from Sammobile)
2, download latest ROM from Sammobile (2021-08-10) - THIS WILL NEED IF YOU SCREW UP :)
3, download TWRP (twrp-3.5.2_9-0-greatqlte.img.tar)
4, download Project Sakura (ProjectSakura-5.2-VANILLA-20210914-0455-greatlte-OFFICIAL.zip)
5, download NikGapps (NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210918-signed.zip)
6, download adb (platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip)

II. Install

1, install TWRP with Odin3.
Boot your phone into downlad mode, select TWRP as "AP" in the Odin3 and click to start button

2, boot your phone into Recovery mode

3, if you have sd card than copy these files to that an insert into phone: ProjectSakura-5.2-VANILLA-20210914-0455-greatlte-OFFICIAL.zip; NikGapps-full-arm64-11-20210918-signed.zip

4, wipe / format data, etc....

5,, Install ProjectSakura from SD card or start sideload in TWRP and use "adb sideload ProjectSakura-5.2-VANILLA-20210914-0455-greatlte-OFFICIAL.zip" command on your PC.

6, Reboot and configure the basic settings (exclude Google Account)

7, Reboot into Recovery and install NikGapps as step 5

8, Reboot again

Tomorrow I will try the Android Auto :)

Last edited:

hkalman

Nov 21, 2008
The Hotspot doesn't works, my notebook could connect, but haven't internet connection.

The Android Auto started on my phone when I connected via USB, but couldn't connect to my car.

hkalman

Nov 21, 2008
This is the best rom what I saw, but Google killed Android Auto from the last update of Android 11, that's why my phone start the Android auto, say that connected succesful but after that start the Google Assistant what I couldn't mirror to car's dashboard.

I switch back to the stock rom, install the Android Auto and use the note 8 only for this. I switch back Apple iPhone for daily use because the Android Auto was the only one software why I used Android :(

twisterdux

Feb 6, 2021
Hello, great ROM.
Just a quick noob question: is there a way to invert the position of the buttons in the navigation bar? I want the back button on the right side of the display.
Thanks for help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

header.png

Project Sakura is a custom ROM based on Lineage OS, It tries to remain true to it while also providing some more functionality and UI changes. Its sole purpose is to provide a platform which is powered by Lineage and is more customisable than Lineage.

disclaimer.png

Code:
     Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration."

flashing.png

CLEAN FLASH( if coming from any other ROM or from Sakura Android 10) :
    - Download the ROM from website.
    - Reboot to recovery.
    - Take Backup (Optional)
    - Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    - Flash the latest build
    - Flash
    Opengapps (if you need Gapps)
    - Reboot

DIRTYFLASH( if updating from Sakura Android 11) :
    1) via OTA
    2) Manual Method
    -- Download the ROM from website.
    - Reboot to recovery.
    - Flash the latest build.
    - Flash the same Gapps package you used before if it bootloops.
    - Reboot

download.png

DOWNLOAD
    (ROM is EOL. No more updates will be pushed)

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -AOSiP
    -DerpFest

-Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM

donate.png

Donate to ROM Maintainer
    Paypal

Donate to ROM Developer
    [/SIZE]

source.png

Project Sakura Source

support.png

Telegram Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

miscinfo.png

Thanks to

@Stricted, @Vaughnn - for the device tree
    @Wugene - Helping/Sharing bug fixes
    @bruh™ - Helping/Sharing bug fixes

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note8
    Maintainer: Haridhayal
    Build Type: Official

Kernel Source: universal8895

ROM OS Version: 11.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project Sakura 5.R for dreamlte/dream2lte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note8

Contributors
    Haridhayal
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Lineage OS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 5.R
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-22

Created 2020-11-22
    Last Updated 2020-11-22
    Three questions:
    • Does it support dual SIM Note8?
    • What does HWC bug imply?
    • Does Android Auto work? Has anyone tested it?
    is there a way to revert back to google drive as safety backup? i cannot restore my data from Gdrive