[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

Hyurlem

Jan 26, 2014
Tijuana
Redmi K20 Pro
Is anyone here facing screen casting problem in k20 pro (pixel experience android 11)

Before flashing android 11 pixel experience I was running my device on android 10 pixel experience and everything was working fine including that screen casting feature...
But after flashing new pixel experience based on android 11
I tried screen mirroring on my samsung tv ...well it is trying to connect but not able to cast my phone's screen!
i have the same problem, actually I tried to connect to my fire tv and didn't work. The device appear on the list but never connects or send image.

Reactions: ra1den9

Hyurlem

Jan 26, 2014
Tijuana
Redmi K20 Pro
Try reflashing the ROM as a last resort. You can also join the telegram group and ask if others are experiencing the same bug as you.
I can solve it, just uninstall all upgrades from Google app, erase cache and set the regular config to Google voice, that way it let me. co figure the voices module. Once already done just upgrade the app.

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
St Louis
Itty bitty bug, the alarm icon has extra hands outside of the 'clock'
Screenshot_20210511-144230_Drive.png

new_x

Jul 25, 2013
Has anyone come across the navigation bar with buttons appearing when using the keyboard? I set to use gesture navigation but every time I use the keyboard it rises to an uncomfortable position and 2 buttons appear, one to minimize the keyboard and the other to change the keyboard.

GavRik247

May 10, 2021
What steps did you already do to fix the problem? Did you reinstall and clean flashed the ROM?
1. Open Discord
2. Joining any voice channel.
3. Disconnect.
4. Done!
this workaround helps for 4-5 hours. Tomorrow (today) I plan to reinstall the OS and fix recovery. Because it doesn't start after installing pixel experience. Now I can only enter the recovery through a PC. And that's why OTA doesn't work. I will answer whether it helped or not.

grIMAGE3

• Sep 9, 2019
    Has anyone come across the navigation bar with buttons appearing when using the keyboard? I set to use gesture navigation but every time I use the keyboard it rises to an uncomfortable position and 2 buttons appear, one to minimize the keyboard and the other to change the keyboard.
    Yeah it's a bug. It's really annoying specially when you accidental pressed the arrow down icon instead of the symbol and number buttons. They overlap when you remove the gesture navigation indicator.

grIMAGE3

• Sep 9, 2019
    Also, this is a new feature that is brought into Android 10 where the arrow and keyboard icons are present when using the virtual keyboard. This isn't present on MIUI. My only problem is that it overlaps when using the gesture nav. without the pill indicator.

ntbergeron

Mar 23, 2015
    Great rom! Props to the dev(s)!
    I'm wondering, when I want to flash a new version, do I have to clean flash every time? or can I dirty flash?
    I'd like to not have to reload all my files every time I flash an updated version.

Thanks.

Whity9754

May 14, 2021
    Sir idk why But after I Installed PE+ My Mic having bad Sound Quality .then before .now when I'm on call my friend hear my fan more than me .and it's so annoying .if you can help something is much appreciable . Thank-you

May 11, 2021
    Sir idk why But after I Installed PE+ My Mic having bad Sound Quality .then before .now when I'm on call my friend hear my fan more than me .and it's so annoying .if you can help something is much appreciable . Thank-you
    This can be fixed in sound section maybe, i don't have that device right now but if you can find noice cancellation or similar settings you can do nothing

May 11, 2021
    T
    Sir idk why But after I Installed PE+ My Mic having bad Sound Quality .then before .now when I'm on call my friend hear my fan more than me .and it's so annoying .if you can help something is much appreciable . Thank-
    This can be fixed in sound section maybe, i don't have that device right now but if you can find noice cancellation or similar settings you can do nothing
    There is 1 more option go to settings and plug your phone to charger then call your friend and then while on call turn of your fan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Did you flash any firmware before flashing the ROM?
      Have you tried booting into the recovery using these fastboot commands?
      1. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img - flashes the recovery
      2. fastboot boot twrp.img - boots you into the recovery
      3. While in recovery you should be able to flash your rom. After flashing a ROM vol up + power shortcut should work.
      Let me know if you can enter the recovery using these commands.
      I did flash the latest firmware before flashing the rom.
      Fastboot flash recovery wouldn't work. It would report success but if I tried to boot into recovery it would only come up in fastboot mode no matter what.
      Fastboot boot command did work and I was able to reflash the rom. Unfortunately, I still had the audio issue. It's like it would pause or skip every few seconds. Didn't matter what audio source was. Could be spotify stream or music right off the phone or fm radio, it would pause every few seconds. So I have reverted back to the april release for now. It's working fine.

Thanks for your help!!
      Hey! Can you tell me how is the battery life? Coming from evolution x and xiaomi eu im not very glad and wanna try more roms with better battery performance. Thanks for your help.
      Better than Evolution X. I'm sure.
      Thank for the update.
      Yes it's opening now. But when we choose the equaliser or earbuds type, there is nothing happening to the sound quality. It's staying on default. Is this so with you?
      Yes i just noticed this, only Hi Fi is working else you select any earphone type or present, there is no difference in the sound
      I have installed the plus edition on k20 pro Raphael.
      Now update is available which is showing 1.5gb, then if I download the update will it erase my data.
      No, it won't erase your data. It will just update the system. Data or Applications won't be effected.
      Wifi speed is so bad. The app will open instantly but it just stay like that for around 30sec, then only it will start loading the website or video little by little. Same wifi working on other devices perfectly and before flashing also. On Mobile data, all Ok. Tried reset network settings also.
      I have no problems with the WiFi speed. It is flawless.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
      PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
      Wi-Fi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FM radio
      Fingerprint reader
      Face unlock
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound/vibration

Known issues
      Nothing yet
      You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
      Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
      Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
      Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
      I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
      Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
      My problems with this build:
      AOD at certain light blinking from low to high brightness
      Fingerprint unlock often not available and have to unlock with code- this drives me crazy.
      Also the need to press enter after code sucks :)
      Can you being applock feature?
      maybe in the plus version, i will talk to jhen about