• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

DoctorVN

Jun 18, 2021
It is really annoying that the bottom of keyboard seperates a space from the bottom of screen. Especially in landscape mode, this causes the height of keyboard decrease significantly. Is this a bug?

Reactions: Dev Surya

amery

Jan 31, 2014
does anyone else experience hangs+reboot (watchdog?) every time you plug a usb charger with the last two releases? fast charging also stopped working for me

AnujithAG

Aug 22, 2018
Could be a problem with your ISP or router. I sometimes use my other phone as a hotspot and uses 5GHz frequency and everything works fine. The wifi icon up top usually indicates whether your internet is slow or not. An empty wifi icon with x on the bottom usually indicates your internet is slow and something wrong with your ISP. A full white wifi icon means you are connected to the internet. It sometimes happens on mine, specially when there's something wrong with my ISP.
Thanks for your response. My Wifi Problem solved when I tried the Private DNS to dns.google
And I think it's some problem with just this router also. Don't know why just on phone. Laptops are fine.

[email protected]

Jul 1, 2021

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Device Power on Automatically if I tried to Charge it by Switching Off in latest Pixel plus for k20 pro.... Date 29 June, 2021

Reactions: Alokkr34

livingbeing

Jun 16, 2019
Its such a great ROM, thank you for developing this ROM for this device.
However, I have several issues on 2021/06/01 build that I would like to ask here
  1. System file size: I followed the installation guide and already wipe dalvik, cache, system, data, but I found out that the system size is 11Gb. Is it just me or did I do it wrong?
  2. Fingerprint in nightlight: I found out that since nightlight change the color of the screen to be more orange, an old registered fingerprint won't work. I did not find this issue in stock since it will turn off nightlight during fingerprint scanning. Does anyone have this same issue?
  3. Google restore: When I tried to restore my contact from my google account in Settings>Google>setup&restore>restore contact, it only show 3x3 pattern even though my previous device screen lock was not it. Does anyone have this same issue?
Thank you!

The fingerprint unlock works great but when I turn the night light feature on, it doesn't recognise my fingerprints or recognise very slow. Also is their any way we can reduce the amount of night light intensity further?

It has been like that since 06/01 build, i guess we need to file a bug report in their github to let them know.

Device Power on Automatically if I tried to Charge it by Switching Off in latest Pixel plus for k20 pro.... Date 29 June, 2021

and I also have this issue,

I am still new here, is it possible to flash 06/01 rom without losing data?

ranishk

Apr 28, 2021
Edit: Fingerprint scanner does show up when AOD is on. I actually meant the fingerprint scanner doesn't show up when AOD is off. Apologies for the confusion.
Another annoying bug, fingerprIng scanner icon shows up on top right or left most of the times while waking up the screen. Not sure if anyone has the same issue. This was not resolved in the last 2 updates. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-125249.png
    Screenshot_20210702-125249.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: Dev Surya

livingbeing

Jun 16, 2019
Another annoying bug, fingerprIng scanner icon shows up on top right or left most of the times while waking up the screen. Not sure if anyone has the same issue. This was not resolved in the last 2 updates. Screenshot attached.
having the same issue sometimes. I tried to report the issue but it seems like they cannot reproduce the issue.
if you can tell how exactly it happen, please do report it here

Top Liked Posts

After testing the latest build of the PixelEperience Plus Edition, I found these bugs:
    • Google Assistant not working with "Hey/Ok Google".
    • Playback issues, lagging video playback in all apps especially YouTube.
    • GCam crashes if you install it from the Play Store (should install GCam Mod).​
    • Adaptive brightness changes the brightness freely if you set one in a specific light condition.
    • can't permanently flash TWRP or any other recovery (gets removed after boot).

If you have any fixes or workarounds for the above issues then please reply so that we all benefit from it, also add more issues if you have any.
    - I'm not experiencing any problems with Google assistant
    - Also not experiencing problems with YouTube or other video apps
    - Never installed GCam from the play store soI can't comment on that, but the GCam's from https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/ work fine for me.
    - Also no problems with Adaptive Brightness here
    - TWRP has nothing to do with this rom

I suggest try a full clean install, format data before install, install Android 10 firmware from Xiaomi for me 12.0.0.8 works good.

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Edit: Fingerprint scanner does show up when AOD is on. I actually meant the fingerprint scanner doesn't show up when AOD is off. Apologies for the confusion.
    I did not. after seeing your message I went through and flashed the newest firmware. Unfortunately it removed my twrp and no matter how many times i flash it it wont stay on my phone. I understand this isnt the thread to ask for help my I'm kinda frustrated at the moment.
    Have a look at my post #357. I had the same problem. You have to boot the twrp.img from fastboot, flash the old firmware and flash twrp. Afterwards everything should be fine again.
    After the camera tweaks for 48mp, the gcams default to 48mp automatically and lags a bit, in some apps it doesn't work properly. For example Google fit measure heartbeat feature was working fine before the update but now it's not.
    If you mindlessly grant root access to an untrusted/sideloaded application, yes. (Magisk always asks if you want to grant root permissions for a particular app)

Having rooted android is as dangerous as having administrator privileges on your computer.
    Malicious applications can mess up with your system if you run them as root. So if you install lots of apps (especially outside of the store) you can make yourself more vulnerable.
    I wont install app. I'll just root to use the k20 motor. My front cam is stuck outside

NFjZzFl.png

What is this?

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

Donate

Translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
    Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
    Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
    I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
    Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
    My problems with this build:
    AOD at certain light blinking from low to high brightness
    Fingerprint unlock often not available and have to unlock with code- this drives me crazy.
    Also the need to press enter after code sucks :)
    Can you being applock feature?
    maybe in the plus version, i will talk to jhen about