[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

robib_89

Apr 18, 2020
Munich
Another annoying bug, fingerprIng scanner icon shows up on top right or left most of the times while waking up the screen. Not sure if anyone has the same issue. This was not resolved in the last 2 updates. Screenshot attached.
I also have this error sometimes. I think it only occurs when I was in landscape mode and turned off the screen.

a11cf0

Jun 29, 2017
When using the TeamTalk 5 Conferencing client the audio from internal microphones constantly crackles and sometimes skips or even disappears altogether. This bug is quite recent and nowadays seems to affect many Oss vendor based A11 ROMs for Xiaomi devices. Also, this issue can probably be reproduced with any app that streams internal mic audio in stereo at 48 KHz sample rate over the network. Unmodified MIUI vendor based ROMs seem to be unaffected. Any thoughts on this?
UPD: This appears to be a kernel issue related to audio buffer sizes. I haven't found the exact cause, but Immencity kernel doesn't exhibit it.

Last edited:

os_man

Sep 30, 2005
istanbul
www.androidbrick.com

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

I had May 20 version for K20 Pro installed without any problem and using it. Then the next update came and installed that too without any problem. BUT, the latest update (6/29), updated, got a bootloop. Tried the first May 20 again, bootloop. Tried Android 12 Beta, bootloop from setup screen, then tried many stock roms both from fastboot and recovery still bootloop. Stock Miui giving me Camera error (saying can't close it) and resets. I even opened the phone and take out the from cam assembly, still no luck! I hope you can show me a way to a working phone again.

B1GT0W3R

Jul 6, 2021
Yakutsk
Calls through the TWS headset do not work. When you try to select a headset in the dialer, the setting is simply reset to the telephone speaker. Headphone model - Galaxy Buds Live.

B1GT0W3R

Jul 6, 2021
Yakutsk
Calls through the TWS headset do not work. When you try to select a headset in the dialer, the setting is simply reset to the telephone speaker. Headphone model - Galaxy Buds Live.

amery

Jan 31, 2014
latest is still freezing/rebooting every time I plug a USB cable or the USB mode changes for any reason. it didn't happen with the first of this series, but it has on every upgrade after that

milkwhl

Dec 13, 2010
I have encountered an issue on lagging sound, which appears in all sorts of player including youtube, music players, browser... It lag after around 10s and continue.

Any idea?

I flash by the following method yesterday:
1. Miflash update to the latest firmware.
2. Fastboot flash TWRP.
3. Wipe system, data, cache, internal storage.
4. reboot and copy files.
5. Install rom.
6. Reboot

Thanks!

B1GT0W3R

Jul 6, 2021
Yakutsk
I have encountered an issue on lagging sound, which appears in all sorts of player including youtube, music players, browser... It lag after around 10s and continue.

Any idea?

I flash by the following method yesterday:
1. Miflash update to the latest firmware.
2. Fastboot flash TWRP.
3. Wipe system, data, cache, internal storage.
4. reboot and copy files.
5. Install rom.
6. Reboot

Thanks!
It is believed that the problem is just in latest MIUI firmware, so we need to flash A10 firmware. I have flashed 12.0.6.0 firmware, still haven't problems with sound. But have problems with TWS headphones =)

milkwhl

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks. Are you referring to V12.0.6.0.QFKMIXM, which is labelled to use with Android 10?

Can I just flash it in TWRP Recovery without installing the rom again?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 11539195

Are these 3 apps important? They come preinstalled in the rom. Do they provide any functionality?
  • com.verizon.obdm_permissions
  • com.verizon.mips.services
  • com.google.mainline.telemetry

livingbeing

Jun 16, 2019
also happened to me with xiaomi tws. Although during a video call, using phone mic gave a better experience since xiaomi tws mic quality is bad.
but still, yeah, maybe its a bug

Abinash 615

May 31, 2018
Redmi K20 Pro
There is a problem I am experiencing i.e while I am switching off my phone and putting it on charge it automatically gets switched on and bam I am in the lockscreen.
Can anyone gimme the solution!

bladestift

Apr 11, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
Hey there. After installing the latest update from the device ota I've been bootlooping from mi boot image.
I've tried to install reinstall it from recovery again with no results. Εven tried to install the previous update again but still no results in booting to os. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Railhake

Nov 7, 2020
After installing the last firmware - 48 mp working in Gcam, but in Whatsapp the rear camera DO NOT WORKING! Please fix it

robib_89

Apr 18, 2020
Munich
After installing the last firmware - 48 mp working in Gcam, but in Whatsapp the rear camera DO NOT WORKING! Please fix it
Do you really mean the latest firmware or the ROM update? If you have problems with the firmware, you are in the wrong place.
However, I installed firmware V12.5.1.0.RFKEUXM before the ROM update and was stuck in fastboot mode.
I then did "fastboot boot twrp_raphael.img" and the device started TWRP. From there I flashed the old firmware V12.0.5.0.QFKEUXM again and then the ROM update and TWRP. Then everything worked again.

So the latest firmware based on Android 11 does not seem to work with the ROM.

Also tried the 48 MP camera without Magisk plugin and it works fine for me. Both cameras also work in WhatsApp.

robib_89

Apr 18, 2020
Munich
Hey there. After installing the latest update from the device ota I've been bootlooping from mi boot image.
I've tried to install reinstall it from recovery again with no results. Εven tried to install the previous update again but still no results in booting to os. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Have you also done a firmware update? That caused me to be stuck in fastboot mode. The ROM update went through without any problems.

bladestift

Apr 11, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
Have you also done a firmware update? That caused me to be stuck in fastboot mode. The ROM update went through without any problems.
I did not. after seeing your message I went through and flashed the newest firmware. Unfortunately it removed my twrp and no matter how many times i flash it it wont stay on my phone. I understand this isnt the thread to ask for help my I'm kinda frustrated at the moment.

robib_89

Apr 18, 2020
Munich
I did not. after seeing your message I went through and flashed the newest firmware. Unfortunately it removed my twrp and no matter how many times i flash it it wont stay on my phone. I understand this isnt the thread to ask for help my I'm kinda frustrated at the moment.
Have a look at my post #357. I had the same problem. You have to boot the twrp.img from fastboot, flash the old firmware and flash twrp. Afterwards everything should be fine again.

Reactions: Jorge Lucas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
    Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
    D
    Deleted member 11539195
    Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
    I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
    Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
    What is the difference between the normal version and the plus version?
    You can get extra functionalities like Status Bar Network Traffic Monitor, Battery Indicator and Battery Percentage in the Plus version. But in the normal version you won't get them.
    For anybody stuck,

**IMPORTANT**

The August 2022 PE12 build requires FBEv2 recovery to install the ROM. Clean Flash (Wipe and Format Data) is mandatory.

Official recoveries will not work. The builds below are necessary (linked from Telegram group)
    OrangeFox

Update: Due to the recoveries themselves being still in beta, some problems might pop up. TWRP has been causing problems with files in certain apps (e.g. Telegram). It is recommended to use OrangeFox in the meantime. When switching, clean flash is needed again (important to wipe and format data).

Edit: Removed TWRP link.

Hope this helps! 😀