• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

ralph9994

Jun 29, 2010
Hi there,
I'm having this problem where, about every 2 minutes, the notification sound goes off at max volume for no reason. I have no notifications whatsoever but the sound plays anyway. And it totally ignores my set notification volume. If I put my phone on vibrate or silent it goes away, along with my other notifications.
Attached is my log for around 5 seconds where the sound was played. I'm not an expert at reading logs but 2500+ lines for 5 seconds seems a bit much.
Hope someone can take a look at it. Thanks!

(https://pastebin.com/Ei4ir1cp)

hb69

Jul 25, 2021
I am getting audio issues. Whenever I play videos it gets stuck and audio cracks. Not just video but the audio cracks and gets stuck in general as well.

iNaruX

Jun 29, 2012
Since the latest update (July), GCam is lagging. It shoots photos but the preview is laggy and shooting is slow.
I notice no quality difference in comparison to the previous build. Can I disable this new 48mp mode?

Is there a possibility to get ANXCamera without root and without Magisk?

omniscienc321

Aug 28, 2017
If you mindlessly grant root access to an untrusted/sideloaded application, yes. (Magisk always asks if you want to grant root permissions for a particular app)

Having rooted android is as dangerous as having administrator privileges on your computer.
Malicious applications can mess up with your system if you run them as root. So if you install lots of apps (especially outside of the store) you can make yourself more vulnerable.
I wont install app. I'll just root to use the k20 motor. My front cam is stuck outside

Reactions: DontBeEvil

Snow90K

Oct 26, 2019
Redmi K20 Pro
After testing the latest build of the PixelEperience Plus Edition, I found these bugs:
• Google Assistant not working with "Hey/Ok Google".
• Playback issues, lagging video playback in all apps especially YouTube.
• GCam crashes if you install it from the Play Store (should install GCam Mod)
• Adaptive brightness changes the brightness freely if you set one in a specific light condition.
• can't permanently flash TWRP or any other recovery (gets removed after boot).

If you have any fixes or workarounds for the above issues then please reply so that we all benefit from it, also add more issues if you have any.

davidm249

Oct 16, 2019
The Hague
After testing the latest build of the PixelEperience Plus Edition, I found these bugs:
• Google Assistant not working with "Hey/Ok Google".
• Playback issues, lagging video playback in all apps especially YouTube.
• GCam crashes if you install it from the Play Store (should install GCam Mod).​
• Adaptive brightness changes the brightness freely if you set one in a specific light condition.
• can't permanently flash TWRP or any other recovery (gets removed after boot).

If you have any fixes or workarounds for the above issues then please reply so that we all benefit from it, also add more issues if you have any.
- I'm not experiencing any problems with Google assistant
- Also not experiencing problems with YouTube or other video apps
- Never installed GCam from the play store soI can't comment on that, but the GCam's from https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/ work fine for me.
- Also no problems with Adaptive Brightness here
- TWRP has nothing to do with this rom

I suggest try a full clean install, format data before install, install Android 10 firmware from Xiaomi for me 12.0.0.8 works good.

Reactions: Snow90K

Snow90K

Oct 26, 2019
Redmi K20 Pro
- I'm not experiencing any problems with Google assistant
- Also not experiencing problems with YouTube or other video apps
- Never installed GCam from the play store soI can't comment on that, but the GCam's from https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/ work fine for me.
- Also no problems with Adaptive Brightness here
- TWRP has nothing to do with this rom

I suggest try a full clean install, format data before install, install Android 10 firmware from Xiaomi for me 12.0.0.8 works good.
- Google assistant has a common issue for this build on my phone (raphael/Mi 9T Pro). I use Tap, tap as a workaround which is an open-source app that uses Googles "columbus" gesture to activate tasks by tapping the back of the phone.*

- Disabled Hey/Ok Google to fix playback issues since it didn't work in the first place.*

- I should install a custom GCam since it thinks that my phone is a Pixel device because of the Custom ROM but actually isn't, that's the reason for not working/crashing.

- Adaptive brightness is really sensitive with automatically changing the brightness depending on the light condition due to the sensor. So it's intended/normal behavior.*

- can't permanently flash TWRP as recovery because of some reason (could be because of not installing Magisk or MiUI forcing to replace it with stock recovery).*

I wiped and formatted data and installed it from MiUI 12.5 Android 11, I don't know if i have to fresh install it again from Android 10, but if it's any better then why not.

Extras:
- still having issues
*fixed issues/found workaround/intended behavior.

Reactions: sachinsmac

livingbeing

Jun 16, 2019
- Google assistant has a common issue for this build on my phone (raphael/Mi 9T Pro). I use Tap, tap as a workaround which is an open-source app that uses Googles "columbus" gesture to activate tasks by tapping the back of the phone.*

- Disabled Hey/Ok Google to fix playback issues since it didn't work in the first place.*

- I should install a custom GCam since it thinks that my phone is a Pixel device because of the Custom ROM but actually isn't, that's the reason for not working/crashing.

- Adaptive brightness is really sensitive with automatically changing the brightness depending on the light condition due to the sensor. So it's intended/normal behavior.*

- can't permanently flash TWRP as recovery because of some reason (could be because of not installing Magisk or MiUI forcing to replace it with stock recovery).*

I wiped and formatted data and installed it from MiUI 12.5 Android 11, I don't know if i have to fresh install it again from Android 10, but if it's any better then why not.

Extras:
- still having issues
*fixed issues/found workaround/intended behavior.
It will be better if you do a clean flash by formatting data, flash your device region android 10 MIUI firmware (12.0.1 to 12.0.6, not 12.5.1) from here

then sideload the rom from latest version of TWRP as what was recommended by pe website, or from orangefox

the current build has 48MP bug for GCAM and the most stable one is urnyx 7.3 where you can switch to 12MP and you won't have any of GCAM problem that you mention

Reactions: Snow90K

jonassweden

Jul 30, 2021
I forgot to make factory reset when installing rom.

* Rom hangs at boot.
* TWRP is gone ( fastboot starts if I use vol+ or vol-)
* adb devices can't find my phone any more..

Is it dead???

jonassweden

Jul 30, 2021
I forgot to make factory reset when installing rom.

* Rom hangs at boot.
* TWRP is gone ( fastboot starts if I use vol+ or vol-)
* adb devices can't find my phone any more..

Is it dead???
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-0-raphael.img
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.511s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.150s]
Finished. Total time: 1.700s

fastboot reboot recovery
Rebooting into recovery OKAY [ 0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 0.017s

Still same problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    battery drain 80-70 for offline screen on hour
    Great, smooth, fast and stable ROM, thank you developers!
    Probably a bug...is that when DC dimming and NightLight are enabled, changing the brightness will disable the nightlight. Even with auto-brightness adjustment.
    I would like to have a way to disable the AOSP camera app from settings.
    That doesn't sound like a perfect update... Have you already tried with booting the TWRP image in fastboot? I've never flashed it, I don't even know if I have a recovery installed on my phone because I always boot it without installing it:
    Code:
    sudo fastboot boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-raphael.img
    I'm a newbie to custom ROMs so I didn't realise you even could flash directly in fastboot. I just finished using XiaoMiTool V2 to recover the phone back to stock, then flashed recovery and sideloaded the previous version of PE. I'll wait till a more significant update to bother lol, hopefully it won't have the issues that I did this time
    battery drain 80-70 for offline screen on hour
    I'm not experiencing anything like that, battery drain is a little higher maybe 1 or 2 % an hour extra.
    How many hours of screen do you do in a day? I only do between 4-5 hours of active screen
    yes, for me battery drain is higher, I do about 5h,
    It last about 8h with previous version

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
    Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
    Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
    I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
    Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
    My problems with this build:
    AOD at certain light blinking from low to high brightness
    Fingerprint unlock often not available and have to unlock with code- this drives me crazy.
    Also the need to press enter after code sucks :)
    Can you being applock feature?
    maybe in the plus version, i will talk to jhen about