• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

MauMont89

Oct 11, 2021
Hello to all. I also wanted to take part in this community since I use a mi9t pro with Pixel experience plus as my primary device. Unfortunately I have encountered the following problems.
1) Very inaccurate fingerprint sensor. Especially with Olways on.
2) Olways on drains about 25% battery at night.
3) The home icons disappear randomly with google wallpapers.
Thanks to those who can solve these problems.
Sorry for the english but i translated with google.

Reactions: sachinsmac

TheForgotten

Feb 6, 2016
I flashed PE+ last night on this device. So far I've noticed some problems:

1. My phone was charging the ENTIRE night and only charged around 20% - it also says "Slowly charging" on the locked screen
  2. The screen color's get weird when using the fingerprint sensor

I already tried the Magisk module going around the thread, didn't work for me.
Besides that the ROM runs smoothly for me. I'd love to fix those issues, specially the charging, if someone has a hotfix I'd gladly try it.

EDIT1: just to be sure, I installed the latest fastboot MIUI and flashed PE+ after. Maybe a clean install could fix these issues. It didn't fix them.

EDIT2: using the original Xiaomi cable from my father's Redmi Note 10 5G instead of my third-party seems to have fixed the issue, even tho my cable works normally on MIUI and worked fine on PE+ A10. My cable is this one from UGREEN.

Last edited:

drbatra50

Oct 15, 2021

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

My bluetooth mic isn't working on calls

sachinsmac

Aug 15, 2013
Hi Guys, currently I'm on PixelExperience_raphael-11.0-20210910 can I flash SOVIET-STAR-dimplayer-R2.3-20210913 to get 72Hz refresh rate? Do I also need to flash magisk before flashing the kernel?

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
ROM seems quite good, stable and battery friend. Just installed some hours ago.
Just 2 things not working properly: FP sensor and Google Assistant
The FP doesn´t quite work from lockscreen and it´s very laggy. Even does not recognize FP sometimes.
Google Assistant does not recognize "ok google" or "hey google" as triggers. The app has to be started manually.
Looking forward for coming releases!

Thank you for the hard work.

Reactions: sachinsmac

Skamus47

Mar 8, 2020
Thank you for this great rom!
Just installed the latest Update RQ3A.211001.001 PixelExperience_Plus_raphael-11.0-20211020-0010-OFFICIAL and noticed this bug:
Pop up camera LED Light is not deactivating.even though this is chosen in the menu.

Yauma9

Jun 26, 2018
So, I've just installed the ROM and everything is working fine, except for a little detail, it appears there's two microphones, with the default being the "Pixel 5" one and the problem is that I don't get any sound from it in any app. Tried to search for a solution but I couldn't find any help. Any pointers?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-27 at 2.05.22 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-27 at 2.05.22 PM (1).jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 53

FinlayDaG33k

Apr 25, 2015
Westervoort
ROM mostly works except with some issues:
- Fairly high battery drain (going from 100% to 80% used to take me a day, now it took barely 2 hours).
- Fingerprint scanner extremely unreliable.
- Hangs a lot after being on for a few hours (requiring a reboot to fix).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which Firmware update ?
    C'mon dude, you didn't even bother to read the notes...
    The fingerprint doesn't work with this room, any solution?
    Do you seriously think that you discovered something that is possible after 33 pages of posts?
    Don't be lazy, do more reading ....

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
    Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
    Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
    I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
    Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
    What is the difference between the normal version and the plus version?
    You can get extra functionalities like Status Bar Network Traffic Monitor, Battery Indicator and Battery Percentage in the Plus version. But in the normal version you won't get them.
    Can you being applock feature?
    maybe in the plus version, i will talk to jhen about