[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

itachi_uchiha_

Apr 4, 2022
It's not slow charging speed, it's massive battery drain (and the shortness of the charge quite a bit prevails over the discharge). I tried switch off NFC and BT, but problem stays. Next step i was switched off Geolocation and it seems helped.
Actually I will always turn off location. Even then it is still the same.

RaeesD

Oct 31, 2011
Cape Town
Xiaomi Mi 5
Redmi K20 Pro
It's not slow charging speed, it's massive battery drain (and the shortness of the charge quite a bit prevails over the discharge). I tried switch off NFC and BT, but problem stays. Next step i was switched off Geolocation and it seems helped.
Just a shot in the dark but might this battery drain be related to this:
i hopefully found a workaround by blocking "ota.googlezip.net" with adaway.

i logged dns traffic with adaway and found that url. blocked it and since yesterday the trafficounter of system updates doesnt increase. will see next days if it really helped with battery drain too.

hugbo

Mar 12, 2008
Might be obvious for everyone but after installing this ROM, I was concerned by battery drain ... until I fully cyckled the battery (let it die, fully charge and only then boot the phone.
After doing this, seems higher than stock ROM but not that bad.

rros3975

Oct 17, 2015
Salve, ho un problema per cui la schermata di blocco non richiede l'impronta digitale. Ma l'impronta digitale funziona per le app. C'è un'opzione per abilitare lo sblocco dell'impronta digitale sulla schermata di blocco o è un bug?

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
Anyone else having issues with swipe up gesture to go to home/recents? It's not registered sometimes

Also, what is the process to update this ROM when unencrypted and rooted? Do I have to flash unencrypt zip and magisk manually everytime when updating? Cheers

utsavdey

May 5, 2018
Kolkata
Is anyone facing fp issue? For the last two days, I'm facing it, initially it was working fine...but now it's not working...strangely I'm able to register my left fp, but it's not working while unlocking and the right fp is not registering only...saying 'Fingerprint enrollment didn't work. Try again or use a different finger'...is it a rom bug? any solution to this?

hugbo

Mar 12, 2008
On the A12 version of this ROM, I am looking for option "Require device unlock for NFC", anyone saw that somewhere?

It should be in the "Connected devices
and then
Connection preferences
and then
NFC" section but could not find it...

ravts

Sep 21, 2021
Is it possible to get the ROM without gapps (vanilla build)? It would be great if there was a choice, with gapps or without gapps.
If it is impossible for some reasons, is there an easy way to build it myself (somу script and instructions to remove gapps and build ROM, or just to remove gapps from ready image)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
    Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
    D
    Deleted member 11539195
    Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
    I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
    Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
    What is the difference between the normal version and the plus version?
    You can get extra functionalities like Status Bar Network Traffic Monitor, Battery Indicator and Battery Percentage in the Plus version. But in the normal version you won't get them.
    Can you being applock feature?
    maybe in the plus version, i will talk to jhen about