[ROM][11][RAPHAEL] PixelExperience Normal/Plus [AOSP]

Search This thread

Hasimir

Jan 22, 2012
Hamburg
After a few days of running PE+ as my daily driver:
- Ok Google not working at all. The Assistant works when activated by other means though.
- FOD is suuuper buggy, to the point of being unusable. Most of the time it does not recognise my fingerprint ans blocks the function because of too many attempts.
- most phone functions feel kind of sluggish

I performed a clean install, date format included.

Are these problems specific to the August update?
Are older versions more stable?
Or is there something I can do to fix them individually?

albertron

Apr 25, 2011
After a few days of running PE+ as my daily driver:
- Ok Google not working at all. The Assistant works when activated by other means though.
- FOD is suuuper buggy, to the point of being unusable. Most of the time it does not recognise my fingerprint ans blocks the function because of too many attempts.
- most phone functions feel kind of sluggish

I performed a clean install, date format included.

Are these problems specific to the August update?
Are older versions more stable?
Or is there something I can do to fix them individually?
When installing the latest version, did you also install the Android 11 firmware? My fingerprint is better than ever. I don't know the Google Assistant because I don't use it. The only problem I have is that battery drain is higher.

Reactions: Isti115

Hasimir

Jan 22, 2012
Hamburg
Originally I did not, because I came from latest MIUI 12.5 beta, from xiaomi.eu.
I flashed the latest EU firmware now though, and this fixed the Ok Google bug.
W00t! :D

Still, the FOD doesn't work. I mean. It works, but constantly fails to recognise my fingerprints, forcing me to either use the face or pin.

One thing I noticed... I have lots of problems even registering my prints. It often says "the fingerprint sensor is dirty" even though the glass is perfectly clean (and I never had such a problem on MIUI). This leads to the "enrolment not completed" error.
What I am saying is: it is quite difficult to even register the prints :(

iNaruX

Jun 29, 2012
Im on
RQ3A.210805.001.A1
PixelExperience_raphael-11.0-20210823-1041-OFFICIAL

Can I do OTA Update? Or will it brick? I always do OTA and never had problems

YamazakiRobert

Dec 24, 2007
i trying to install but after the logo mi my screen flashes yellow and dont show anything else

i have done in this order
flashed stock 12.5.2.0
waited to boot
go to fastboot
flashed twrp 3.5.2_9-0
booted on twrp
formatted data
reboot to recovery
transfer pixel experience 20210910
flashed pe
reboot

after some time its return to fastboot and i are unable to boot on recovery
i have to return to stock to start again
any help are appreciated

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
i trying to install but after the logo mi my screen flashes yellow and dont show anything else

i have done in this order
flashed stock 12.5.2.0
waited to boot
go to fastboot
flashed twrp 3.5.2_9-0
booted on twrp
formatted data
reboot to recovery
transfer pixel experience 20210910
flashed pe
reboot

after some time its return to fastboot and i are unable to boot on recovery
i have to return to stock to start again
any help are appreciated
Restore using Miflasher and then install custom recovery again.

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007

nmccl1

Jan 29, 2009

YamazakiRobert

Dec 24, 2007
Official Xiaomi tool

thanks i have used the tool to flash stock
flashed twrp
booted recovey
formatted everything except internal data
flashed last pe
formatted data
but when i try to boot freeze on mi screen and after flash yellow and black screen again
after some more time its return to fastboot and i unable to boot on recovery until i restore to stock

the pixel gsi works anything else i have the same result
any help are apreciated

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
thanks i have used the tool to flash stock
flashed twrp
booted recovey
formatted everything except internal data
flashed last pe
formatted data
but when i try to boot freeze on mi screen and after flash yellow and black screen again
after some more time its return to fastboot and i unable to boot on recovery until i restore to stock

the pixel gsi works anything else i have the same result
any help are apreciated
Follow the recommended install procedure:

Installing PixelExperience from recovery​

1. Download the PixelExperience installation package that you would like to install or build the package yourself.
  2. If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
    • With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power. Keep holding both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release.
  3. Now tap Wipe.
  4. Now tap Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage.
  5. Sideload the PixelExperience .zip package:
    • On the device, select “Advanced”, “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin sideload.
    • On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.
      check
      TIP: If the process succeeds the output will stop at 47% and report adb: failed to read command: Success/No error.
  6. Once you have installed everything successfully, run ‘adb reboot’.
warning
WARNING: Depending on which recovery you use, you may be prompted to install additional apps and services. We strongly advise you to opt out of installing these, as they may cause your device to bootloop, as well as attempt to access or corrupt your data.

Hubert2137

Sep 29, 2021
when i try to volume up when I'm ilstening on airpods voluming isn't working correctly sometimes because i try to volume up nothing happens and it stays low volume level then suddenly it volumes up to a 100%. Please check it. Cheers essa

kaison320

Apr 23, 2019
Anyone can download the rom from the site successfully? It keeps facing an error when I go to download either Normal/Plus file on the site.

ChrizZz90

Jul 23, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
how can I download the 3rd last version? Have multiple issues with the current one: battery drain, audio bugs, fingerprint recognition

I did update my firmware, but I think the easiest way is to step back to the version which worked best for me. This is the July version, but I can only find the latest and 1 previous version on the website.

lakshya14sept

Oct 29, 2020

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

This latest update had a major negative impact on battery life, earlier my device used to last me about 24- 25 hours or so with around 5 to 6 hours of screen on time. Now it only last about 17 -18 hours with barely reaching 4 hours of screen on time. Device has also started to heat a lot during rapid charging, with cpu temperatures reaching upto 65°C .Please fix this issue asap, cause i really don't wanna switch to another rom. Love pixel experience plus

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-195312_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211005-195312_Settings.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: pagerussell

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

When April Update comes? Eagerly waiting for bug fix update.
    Is rude asking a person who does this as a hobby, for free, and takes away from their family time when they will be finished making something. It makes the person asking seem like they are owed something or is entitled. This is why it is disrespectful and rude to ask when the next release (ETA) is coming. Like everyone else in this thread, we grab a seat, help who we can and wait patiently for the developer to freely give of his art.
    D
    Deleted member 11539195
    Hello everybody!

I have this doubt: Years ago I was a regular user of many ROMs on my different Android devices including an old Asus tablet and it was something that I enjoyed and that entertained me a lot.

A couple of weeks ago after several years without using custom ROMs, I installed this ROM but after a few hours, I returned to the original version of MIUI. The reason, a friend told me about the possibility of theft of bank information and passwords. That worried me a bit so I preferred to return to MIUI.

It's not a malfunctioning system but I love stock Android and how clean the system is.

I am not questioning here the reliability of the Rom developer, I just want your opinion as users regarding whether data leakage is possible, the use of back doors, or the inclusion of malware in the system. I know the source code is available but it is a huge amount of code to review.

Again, I just want to know how safe an official custom ROM is. I understand that the original systems send usage data but my main concern is this type of information (Banks and passwords).

Thanks for your help!
    I would rather trust an open-source project like PixelExperience than closed-source MIUI that has built-in apps that cannot be uninstalled, you can't restrict their internet access, and they require you to agree to some shady terms of use, data collection etc.

I did some testing with firewall app Blokada; MIUI, even after debloating (removing) most of their preinstalled apps, constantly sends some data to domains like xiaomi.net and AWS.

On AOSP ROMs, with flashed Gapps, I've noticed that my phone was connecting to google servers once in a while; probably because it was syncing something in the background or something else related to google services.

On AOSP ROMs without Gapps installed nothing is being sent. That's what I personally like to use because I don't want my phone to send any data when I don't use it and the phone is sitting in my pocket. I don't have banking apps installed because it is easy to have your phone lost or stolen. For banking you can just use you bank's website. It should automatically log you off.

That is the safest route, but for some people it may be too much, especially when they're so dependent on Google.

tl;dr ---> Using MIUI doesn't make your phone particularly safer. You just have to believe that their proprietary system and preinstalled apps aren't malicious, and they can't remotely connect to your phone and withdraw all of your money.
    Custom ROMs are safe as long as they're well-known in the Android community and downloaded from official sources, or even better, built by yourself.
    What is the difference between the normal version and the plus version?
    You can get extra functionalities like Status Bar Network Traffic Monitor, Battery Indicator and Battery Percentage in the Plus version. But in the normal version you won't get them.
    For anybody stuck,

**IMPORTANT**

The August 2022 PE12 build requires FBEv2 recovery to install the ROM. Clean Flash (Wipe and Format Data) is mandatory.

Official recoveries will not work. The builds below are necessary (linked from Telegram group)
    OrangeFox

Update: Due to the recoveries themselves being still in beta, some problems might pop up. TWRP has been causing problems with files in certain apps (e.g. Telegram). It is recommended to use OrangeFox in the meantime. When switching, clean flash is needed again (important to wipe and format data).

Edit: Removed TWRP link.

Hope this helps! 😀