[ROM] [11] RevengeOS (Unofficial) OnePlus8T kebab

Search This thread

FullOfHell

Aug 19, 2020
OnePlus 8T
Hello, you all may remember me from my ROMs for pixel 5, pixel 4, 8t, 7t, 6t, Shamu, and J7..

I left 8t development a few months ago to have some fun with a pixel 5, and a month ago, dusted the ol' kebab off and jumped back in. I keep most of my ROMs on the silent side of things and don't use xda but for official releases. Hopefully, This unofficial build will become official and I can bring the community official releases of the 2 roms I build.. I think you all will love this one too. Revenge OS does have a some more cooler features and UI for official devices only. Check out their website to see screenshots of those official builds. As with my roms, It comes with my own branch of Neutrino kernel, it's entirely based on neutrino, but I add klapse, hbm, vibration tuning, etc, and some other kernel options that I don't care to add device tree side. Try it out, its stable no bugs that i can find, been building 3 weeks now. I will only be building RevengeOS and Bootleg so don't worry I am not here to drop a new rom every few days, I want to release stable, good work for the commmunity, Try and leave feedback please. Thanks !

-has all revenge os features, basic, stable, lean, and mean.
-no safety net fixes
-unofficial build doesn't have full access to revenge os source, just a small window, official will be better

Rom Source: https://github.com/RevengeOS
Trees: https://github.com/jacks84 (revenge branch)

All my builds are fastboot update zips and include gapps. I'm a Google guy and need all their stuff and yes I don't care they can have mine too. Haha.

Flashing- no matter what you are on currently, for best performance flash oos stable first, then format data via recovery, reboot bootloader and the command is fastboot update revengeos_kebab_v5.zip*note, you must open terminal in the folder where the zip is to give this command, other wise fastboot update HereIsLocationToTheZip.zip. Root if you would like to use kernel features, this requires the same old process we have used for 3 android versions, I hope you know how, lol. If you have troubles, re read this entire post.

Thanks- to my testers, my friends, the entire kangarooster squad, and the couple android geniuses who shared their wisdom teaching me the ropes the last 4 years of source building.

@xstefen @dpryor88 @omariscal1019 @Neo @wrongway213 @semdoc @hondajohn88 @varund7726 @abalam @ZVNexus @return.of.octobot @aer0zer0 @matt0301 @androidacy and countless others who I will add once I figure out their xda name.

screen shots soon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-002132.png
    Screenshot_20210517-002132.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 323
  • Screenshot_20210517-002136.png
    Screenshot_20210517-002136.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_20210517-002156.png
    Screenshot_20210517-002156.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 318

angus6969

Nov 10, 2010
Hi, this rom looks good, I just have some doubt where you say format data via recovery but from what I know there is no working recovery for a11, So do I have to use the recovery stock right? , then am I already on oos stable (11.0.8.12)or do I have to reflash it again?

abalam

• Oct 30, 2011
    github.com
    Hi, this rom looks good, I just have some doubt where you say format data via recovery but from what I know there is no working recovery for a11, So do I have to use the recovery stock right? , then am I already on oos stable (11.0.8.12)or do I have to reflash it again?
    No is good. Just wipe data after flashing the rom. After first boot the device reboots autmatic, no worry thats normal. Its only the first time. Rom running nice and smooth

Reactions: FullOfHell

FullOfHell

Aug 19, 2020
    OnePlus 8T
    Before flashing, reboot to recovery. Wipe data. It's that easy. Then reboot to bootloader flash rom. Doesn't matter what rom you are coming from, they all have recovery partitions.

kjslabber

Mar 8, 2015
    Northeast Ohio
    I like this rom, just have one issue so far. Other than having the default setting for usb to file transfer, I am unable to copy some of my backup files from my pc to the phone. Not all but only select ones, like all my downloaded custom kernels. I am able to copy the files to a usb drive and then to the phone thru the usb drive. Weird ? I am using linux operating system have never had issues with other roms.

xstefen

• Feb 14, 2013
    A floating rock in space
    xstefen.dev
    I like this rom, just have one issue so far. Other than having the default setting for usb to file transfer, I am unable to copy some of my backup files from my pc to the phone. Not all but only select ones, like all my downloaded custom kernels. I am able to copy the files to a usb drive and then to the phone thru the usb drive. Weird ? I am using linux operating system have never had issues with other roms.
    Using gvfs-mtp or adb? Can you elaborate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Update- someone else is going to do Revenge Official, so I will solely focus on Bootleggers. Thanks for stopping.
      bout to install for a change of pace hopefully u can get official soon Bootleggers was incredible cant imagine how good this one is gonna be
      @dpryor88 this is the best ROM going!!!
      Perhaps, but aer0dp is the best ROM coming!!!
      Using gvfs-mtp or adb? Can you elaborate
      Using gvfs-mtp. Set default usb to file transfer. Connect phone to pc using usb cable. Phone mounts in pc and able to copy some files. One file unable to copy are kernel zips for some reason. Copy same files to usb flash drive. Insert usb flash and can copy to phone. Puzzling.
      Hello, you all may remember me from my ROMs for pixel 5, pixel 4, 8t, 7t, 6t, Shamu, and J7..

I left 8t development a few months ago to have some fun with a pixel 5, and a month ago, dusted the ol' kebab off and jumped back in. I keep most of my ROMs on the silent side of things and don't use xda but for official releases. Hopefully, This unofficial build will become official and I can bring the community official releases of the 2 roms I build.. I think you all will love this one too. Revenge OS does have a some more cooler features and UI for official devices only. Check out their website to see screenshots of those official builds. As with my roms, It comes with my own branch of Neutrino kernel, it's entirely based on neutrino, but I add klapse, hbm, vibration tuning, etc, and some other kernel options that I don't care to add device tree side. Try it out, its stable no bugs that i can find, been building 3 weeks now. I will only be building RevengeOS and Bootleg so don't worry I am not here to drop a new rom every few days, I want to release stable, good work for the commmunity, Try and leave feedback please. Thanks !

-has all revenge os features, basic, stable, lean, and mean.
      -no safety net fixes
      -unofficial build doesn't have full access to revenge os source, just a small window, official will be better

Rom Source: https://github.com/RevengeOS
      Trees: https://github.com/jacks84 (revenge branch)

All my builds are fastboot update zips and include gapps. I'm a Google guy and need all their stuff and yes I don't care they can have mine too. Haha.

Flashing- no matter what you are on currently, for best performance flash oos stable first, then format data via recovery, reboot bootloader and the command is fastboot update revengeos_kebab_v5.zip*note, you must open terminal in the folder where the zip is to give this command, other wise fastboot update HereIsLocationToTheZip.zip. Root if you would like to use kernel features, this requires the same old process we have used for 3 android versions, I hope you know how, lol. If you have troubles, re read this entire post.

Thanks- to my testers, my friends, the entire kangarooster squad, and the couple android geniuses who shared their wisdom teaching me the ropes the last 4 years of source building.

@xstefen @dpryor88 @omariscal1019 @Neo @wrongway213 @semdoc @hondajohn88 @varund7726 @abalam @ZVNexus @return.of.octobot @aer0zer0 @matt0301 @androidacy and countless others who I will add once I figure out their xda name.

screen shots soon
      Update- someone else is going to do Revenge Official, so I will solely focus on Bootleggers. Thanks for stopping.
      Rom Download: link removed by author
      This is the best thing since mayonnaise sammiches on wonder bread.