• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][River] The Styx Project 1.2 Athena [Official][2021/04/08]

Search This thread

Garfield Fernando

Aug 13, 2020
Mx
header.png

The Styx Project is a custom Android based distribution that aims to subtly enhance the beauty of stock Android while still keeping the smoothness, stability, neatness and performance of pure AOSP.

Code:
/* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

With our first Android 11 release, we would like to bring <device> to the front, with the latest features, stability patches hot from the Styx Project development team.

Download it from our website!

team.png
The people working towards bringing you this release are:
Our whole team comprising of maintainers. source developers and designers can be found at https://styxproject.tk/team.html.

installation.png

1. Download the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
3. Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
4. Reboot and Enjoy.

GAPPS ARE PREINCLUDED

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Donate:
PayPal

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
Upon first boot (moto g7) TimberX has to be force closed. It popped up a second time I think, but I went to the app settings from the popup and deleted the Storage for that app, TimberX, and all was well after that.

All in all this is a good ROM...as long as you're not currently looking for customizations.

There are no "theme" or font changes, not even a Style action to choose from holding down on the Home screen; I'm talking about where one would normally choose the font, the status bar look, the accent color and on some ROMs also change clock. So far, Havoc is the best right next to RR, when it comes to having a good amount of color and font choices and that's just my personal preference.
There are a lot more options under the Developer Settings though, once that menu is activated. A lot of what are probably cool customizations for the more techy of us.

Overall, very smooth without being too boring or basic. It'd be so much nicer with some display/themeing options, but again...just my opinion. Excellent work and thank you so much for sharing!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header.png

The Styx Project is a custom Android based distribution that aims to subtly enhance the beauty of stock Android while still keeping the smoothness, stability, neatness and performance of pure AOSP.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With our first Android 11 release, we would like to bring <device> to the front, with the latest features, stability patches hot from the Styx Project development team.

Download it from our website!

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    Our whole team comprising of maintainers. source developers and designers can be found at https://styxproject.tk/team.html.

installation.png

1. Download the ROM, Magisk (Optional).
    2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    3. Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).
    4. Reboot and Enjoy.

GAPPS ARE PREINCLUDED

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Donate:
    PayPal
    Testing on Moto G7 (river). Will post review soon, looking forward to trying this one out!