[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Pixel Experience Official - 18/04
* First build to use new fully custom CAF-based vendor - PE is the first rom to ship a fully stable custom vendor on POCO X3!
* Many improvements and bug fixes - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc fixes
* Completely new kernel
* April security patch
* Weather on lockscreen fixed

NOTE: While existing custom kernels DO work nfc will only work on stock kernel for now. You have been warned. For kernel devs: revert xiaomi's nfc changes to fix this!

Dirty flash is fine

Q firmware recommended

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

🥵
Congratulations for the effort! I will try your ROM someday.

ivanch88

Feb 3, 2021
One more problem with the latest build. The phone doesn't show a charging state when I use my old Huawei charger (no charging info on the lock screen and on the battery settings page, but the phone is charging and the percentage grow up). And as I remembered with the previous builds if the battery icon turn to text only it still shows a lightning icon near the percentage when the phone is charging and now it's not showing (charging from pc when there is info about charging on the lock screen and on the battery settings page).

Reactions: kiki6639 and nexlay

coolQ4s

Apr 26, 2016
if charger connected, battery icon charge not show after installing april update, show but only in 1 second
but my poco x3 is still charging, just icon not show

i update via System Update in Setting

thanks about this rom dev

edit : This problem solved in latest april rom (PixelExperience_Plus_surya-11.0-20210419-1213-OFFICIAL.zip)

say more many thanks dev

Last edited:
Reactions: kiki6639

AIIIOT

Jan 28, 2015
PE 19/04 OFFICIAL
* Temporarily reverted vendor to stock - most bugs removed
* VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED - DON'T FLASH IT!

Q firmware required

Dirty flash is fine

Download:
Hello. Are you still planning to do new builds for the April patch? (I do not like a dirty installation, it is more convenient for me to flash it clean once a month.)

_cristobalag

Dec 1, 2016
Can I update via Settings? I got the notification last night. My idea is to update like this and then do a factory reset to avoid problems. It would be good?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210420-095439.png
    Screenshot_20210420-095439.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 64

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
Can I update via Settings? I got the notification last night. My idea is to update like this and then do a factory reset to avoid problems. It would be good?
IMHO if you are on a previous PE version you should indeed update via settings as it is intended to (provided you have a compatible recovery as TWRP or OrangeFox) and no need to factory reset.

This way you can keep your data. I don't see what you mean by "to avoid problems" as I always update through the internal update system and have never had issues.

Lukeass

Aug 16, 2020
Using PE+ for a month. My Poco x3 is like a new phone. Although there is some bug. Some apps are crashing for no reason when i using them.. like waze, tiktok, wolt... Not all apps just some of them. All in all just fantastic experience.
I have the same problem, even on updated version and also on clean flash

CTLYSTXYZ

Nov 27, 2019
PE 19/04 OFFICIAL

Q firmware required

Dirty flash is fine

Download:
I've hit a snag.

Updated using the system update utility. Now it shows the system update screen but quickly restarts. It keeps starting up to that system update, and then restarting again.

Can't reboot to recovery as it just goes through the system update screen again even when using fastboot to do it.

Any ideas?

Update: Just needed another recovery like TWRP instead of the PixelExperience recovery. Flashed through fastbook and it updated successfully. My bad. I thought the PixelExperience recovery was considered a custom recovery so I haven't paid too much attention.

Last edited:

coolQ4s

Apr 26, 2016
thanks to dev before
i have a problem
every i download a mp3 file, a file not showing in Music Player
my mp3 sure not corrupted, because i send via BT to other my phone the mp3 work in same Music Player app
but after 15 min waiting a mp3 list showed up
but not all show only 12 file from 18 file
and mp3 file not show is a big size more than 6MB
and mp3 is showed up only below of 6MB

many thanks for maintenance this awesome rom

Aldimann

Apr 28, 2013
I really enjoy the rom, thanks for the work.

Some minor inconveniences, though. Does anyone else has a problem with the microphone? Somehow the one on the top side is chosen as default, while it should be the bottom one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * First build to use new fully custom CAF-based vendor - PE is the first rom to ship a fully stable custom vendor on POCO X3!
    * Many improvements and bug fixes - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc fixes
    * Completely new kernel
    * April security patch

NOTE: While existing custom kernels DO work nfc will only work on stock kernel for now. You have been warned. For kernel devs: revert xiaomi's nfc changes to fix this!

Dirty flash is fine

Q firmware recommended

Consider donating:

Download:

🥵
    Yes it is fairly common that it shows slow charging while fast charging.
    PE 19/04 OFFICIAL

Q firmware required

Dirty flash is fine

Download:
    can we use wide angle and macro lenses?
    Yeah we can; there's a Google camera port. 2x zoom is actually the wide angle and the 0.6x is the macro. Here's the download link:
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1343/

Hope this helps 🙂
    One more problem with the latest build. The phone doesn't show a charging state when I use my old Huawei charger (no charging info on the lock screen and on the battery settings page, but the phone is charging and the percentage grow up). And as I remembered with the previous builds if the battery icon turn to text only it still shows a lightning icon near the percentage when the phone is charging and now it's not showing (charging from pc when there is info about charging on the lock screen and on the battery settings page).

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

* * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)
    * Completely new kernel
    * April security patch

Dirty flash is fine

Q firmware recommended

Consider donating:

Download:

🥵
    PE 19/04 OFFICIAL

Q firmware required

Dirty flash is fine

Download:
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Development threads are not the place for people to argue whose work is better, or bickering back and forth about each other.

The insults, disrespect, off-topic, and non-development chatter needs to stop immediately. Comments violating Forum Rules have been deleted as will further comments.

Members who continue to post comment in violation of the rules will have their accounts reviewed for restriction or removal.

It's really simple: if you don't like the work, go somewhere else, if the work is kanged or dangerous, REPORT it, if you disagree with something personal about the dev, keep it to yourself as this isn't Facebook or Instagram where most people complain, bicker, and insult others like children.

tl;dr

-Follow Forum Rules when posting
    -Stop the disrespect and off-topic,
    -Those who continue to post trash will find their accounts reviewed and/or restricted
    -Keep the trash on social media, not Xda
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone