[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Snippet_q

Sep 10, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Sorry for the late reply,
Yes, I clean flashed it over MIUI and magisk installed. Seems like some other people are also getting this issue.
Currently on Arrow OS and want to return to this ROM but I can't confirm if the issue is fixed or will be fixed
NP.
About those 2 games, I have heard that Poco X3 (specifically) had an issues with game that built on Unity Engine but I'm not sure why. It did occurred with me once when I'm still using MIUI EU rom but not in this.

CherryFarmer8

Aug 4, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
NP.
About those 2 games, I have heard that Poco X3 (specifically) had an issues with game that built on Unity Engine but I'm not sure why. It did occurred with me once when I'm still using MIUI EU rom but not in this.
That's Strange, because I haven't got any games/heavy apps crashing on Arrow, I will try my luck and flash this ROM tonight. But first, some questions if you don't mind.
Is Google call screening working?
Gcam?(any issues with it)
Ram management?
VoLTE?
Any bugs worth mentioning?

Snippet_q

Sep 10, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
That's Strange, because I haven't got any games/heavy apps crashing on Arrow, I will try my luck and flash this ROM tonight. But first, some questions if you don't mind.
Is Google call screening working?
Gcam?(any issues with it)
Ram management?
VoLTE?
Any bugs worth mentioning?
Goodluck!
1. Not appear. Maybe I'm too stupid to turn it on or maybe not available here (SEA region).
2. Having no problem with 8.1.101 by Nikita or BSG.
3. Great. CODM+Facebook+Youtube Vance+Twitter+Delivery apps, none refreshing.
4. Worked.
5. None that I noticed. But I may suggest you to flash custom kernel (don't forget to backup the ROM's) as the standby time is so-so and the phone is a bit too warm if stressing it. And be aware that this rom doesn't use OSS Kernel yet.

Reactions: CherryFarmer8

CherryFarmer8

Aug 4, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Than
Goodluck!
1. Not appear. Maybe I'm too stupid to turn it on or maybe not available here (SEA region).
2. Having no problem with 8.1.101 by Nikita or BSG.
3. Great. CODM+Facebook+Youtube Vance+Twitter+Delivery apps, none refreshing.
4. Worked.
5. None that I noticed. But I may suggest you to flash custom kernel (don't forget to backup the ROM's) as the standby time is so-so and the phone is a bit too warm if stressing it. And be aware that this rom doesn't use OSS Kernel yet.
Thanks for the reply,
Will comment after the installation. I might stay on ROM's kernel because I will also flash magisk and I read somewhere that magisk and custom kernel don't get along too well

Waancho

Jun 24, 2015
Yesterday my 7 day probation period from Xiaomi ended and I immediately flashed this ROM. Only after the first startup did I experience some hiccups. So glad I flashed this ROM. It works really well and makes much more sense than the original firmware.

abubin

Feb 1, 2013
I am currently on PE 10 which is no longer updated by dev. However, that ROM is working fine for me. I am wondering if anyone upgrade from PE10 to PE11 can comment whether the upgrade is worth it or not. Should I just stick with PE10? Thanks and keep the good work dev.

Shad0wZ

Apr 19, 2012
I am currently on PE 10 which is no longer updated by dev. However, that ROM is working fine for me. I am wondering if anyone upgrade from PE10 to PE11 can comment whether the upgrade is worth it or not. Should I just stick with PE10? Thanks and keep the good work dev.

I came off MIUI to PE11, but before that I tried LOS 17.1. Honestly compared to A10 there's not a whole lot of reason to upgrade, but I do feel that running a maintained ROM is for the better since it adds more chance of getting security updates. Since the port for LOS 17.1 was dropped I went with PE11.

Everything works fine in PE11, passed safetynet with magisk v23 + universal fix as well

Last edited:

jjcdennis

• Jun 20, 2015
    Toronto
    I came off MIUI to PE11, but before that I tried LOS 17.1. Honestly compared to A10 there's not a whole lot of reason to upgrade, but I do feel that running a maintained ROM is for the better since it adds more chance of getting security updates. Since the port for LOS 17.1 was dropped I went with PE11.

Everything works fine in PE11, passed safetynet with magisk v23 + universal fix as well
    What is the "universal fix"?

nullbytepl

Aug 20, 2017
    AFTER A FEW PAINFUL WEEKS OF WORK I PRESENT TO YOU

photo_2021-04-18_23-05-12.jpg

Pixel Experience Official - 20/05
    * CAF Vendor (again) - updated to Android 11
    * Fixed most bugs from previous CAF-based build
    * Performance and battery efficiency improvements
    * Dynamic refresh rate
    * Many smaller bugs from non-CAF PE fixed - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc improvements
    * May security patch

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended!

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:
    paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵

nullbytepl

Aug 20, 2017
    FAQ (yes, I know, these things may be obvious to you)
    1. Do safetynet/gpay/nfc work?
    A: Yes, they do!
    2. Does decryption work in recoveries?
    A: Yeah, it does on newer ones (recommended TWRP 3.5.1+)
    3. Does Volte/Vowifi work?
    A: We got a few successful reports from people using them. In general if it worked before it should work now
    4. I wanna check the integrity of the files, what are the MD5s?
    A: regular: fa097bdd37169506ce1cbe125061ff45 plus: 5d876edf7e5191556e1c8f4191d722fd
    5. Do you recommend flashing force encryption remover?
    A: No. It's a very important security feature and disabling it is just stupid
    6. Is OTA fine?
    A: Of course!

jjcdennis

• Jun 20, 2015
    Toronto

View attachment 5315127
    * Dynamic refresh rate
    * Many smaller bugs from non-CAF PE fixed - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc improvements
    * May security patch

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended!

Consider donating:
    paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
    I had OF installed and flashed the PE recovery image (from the PE download page for syrya) to the recovery partition with OF. I rebooted to recovery and end up on the fastboot screen. I rebooted the phone, shut it down used vol+ and power and ended up on in fastboot again. I can't get into recovery.
    JIC this happens to someone else, I installed 3.5.2_10-1 via adb and TWRP booted fine.

Last edited:

Waancho

Jun 24, 2015
    Dirty flashed without a hitch. Running without any problems.
    Edit: I'm definitely noticing battery improvement. Great work dev!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

* Dynamic refresh rate
      * May security patch

Dirty flash is fine

Consider donating:
      paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
      FAQ (yes, I know, these things may be obvious to you)
      1. Do safetynet/gpay/nfc work?
      A: Yes, they do!
      2. Does decryption work in recoveries?
      A: Yeah, it does on newer ones (recommended TWRP 3.5.1+)
      3. Does Volte/Vowifi work?
      A: We got a few successful reports from people using them. In general if it worked before it should work now
      4. I wanna check the integrity of the files, what are the MD5s?
      A: regular: fa097bdd37169506ce1cbe125061ff45 plus: 5d876edf7e5191556e1c8f4191d722fd
      5. Do you recommend flashing force encryption remover?
      A: No. It's a very important security feature and disabling it is just stupid
      6. Is OTA fine?
      A: Of course!
      I keep hitting the bar instead of the enter key, thereby often losing an entire typed text. Maybe because stock firmware has no bar, I got used to that. I guess I'll just just have to get used to a big bar.
      if you are using magisk you can download the module fullscreen/immersive gesture from magisk manager just press + button 2 times
      Thank you for clearing the misunderstanding, i was thinking maybe I'd have to flash miui a10 vendor and then i will be able to flash this rom.
      I am currently on arrow os, no major bugs with arrow for me but i kinda wanna stay as close to pixel as i can (for those live come alive wallpapers too)
      Can you confirm if this rom is stable enough to be used as daily? Arrow gets updates and security patches very often, how about pe+?
      Thanks again
      From my experience, PE rom are one of the most stable custom rom for AOSP based rom. Using since PE9 on Redmi Note 5 (whyred) to Note 7 (lavender) to this (surya) and there were very few versions that had serious issues, some fixed within a couple of days and some are within 2 days (back when Henrique himself still being a maintainer).

I had used Havoc and Lineages but both are either too customisable (which unintentionally crashed) or too unstable.

But everyone experience may vary. I never, ever recommend PE+ since the starts. It is the rom that tried too hard to be what it isn't. If you want customisation and stability, I'll try Arrow (it's an excellent rom but not my cup of tea).
      Pixel Experience Official - 21/05 HOTFIX
      * Fixed portrait mode in ANX and select XMLs for GCAMs
      * Fixed PE recovery on some devices

Dirty flash is fine

Consider donating:
      paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
      PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
      Wi-Fi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      FM radio
      Fingerprint reader
      Face unlock
      NFC
      Lights
      Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
      Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
      Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
      Help with project translation

Stay tuned
      Our Telegram channel
      Our blog

Pixel Experience Official - 21/05 HOTFIX
      * Fixed portrait mode in ANX and select XMLs for GCAMs
      * Fixed PE recovery on some devices

Dirty flash is fine

Consider donating:
      paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵

* Dynamic refresh rate
      * May security patch

Dirty flash is fine

Consider donating:
      paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
      * * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)
      Pixel Experience Official - 18/04
      * First build to use new fully custom CAF-based vendor - PE is the first rom to ship a fully stable custom vendor on POCO X3!
      * Many improvements and bug fixes - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc fixes
      * Completely new kernel
      * April security patch
      * Weather on lockscreen fixed

NOTE: While existing custom kernels DO work nfc will only work on stock kernel for now. You have been warned. For kernel devs: revert xiaomi's nfc changes to fix this!

Dirty flash is fine

Q firmware recommended

Consider donating:

Download:

🥵
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode