• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

MrMD69

Hey ! I thinking about to build PE for X3 nfc especially for security updates (that's my 2nd, business phone) but so far i never done any builds. I would like to participate in project and keep it alive for at least a year or so (I'm very satisfied of stability and speed of this ROM) but I'm lack of knowledge (casual "unlocker" and "rooter" and "flasher" since moto g 4g, knowing smith about SDK and Linux).

Reactions: Srimaan555 and pnin

Snippet_q

Sep 10, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Well with the developer gone, I'm moving back to Arrow OS and am not sure if its a simple transition. Arrow OS requires the firmware flash to A11 first, then the rom, then format data, then put the apps back on, etc. Is that all that is required?
Well, to be simply put, wipe your phone first then format the data (to erase any encryption).
Reboot to recovery, flash the A11 firmware, flash the rom (+Gapps if excluded, never use Arrow b4) format the data again at the last.

How's the latest build of this ROM overall?
This rom has been smooth sailing since 2 months ago (not sure about the Plus one though). So feel free to use as a daily driver.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Well, to be simply put, wipe your phone first then format the data (to erase any encryption).
Reboot to recovery, flash the A11 firmware, flash the rom (+Gapps if excluded, never use Arrow b4) format the data again at the last.
Thanks for your response. One last question, I came to PE after using Arrow OS. It worked well enough, but I had some issues with Android Auto. PE fixed them. Just curious about other roms that might me AA friendly. Can you suggest an alternative?

Snippet_q

Sep 10, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thanks for your response. One last question, I came to PE after using Arrow OS. It worked well enough, but I had some issues with Android Auto. PE fixed them. Just curious about other roms that might me AA friendly. Can you suggest an alternative?
Not sure though. Ever since I used Xiaomi (like 6 years now? Since Mi4), my daily driver rom is always PE.

IMO, if you didn't give much thought about monthly security update then you should stay on PE. In my experience, monthly security update doesn't do anything that much. My RN7, with PE10 roms from Nuno, haven't got any update for a year (I didn't switch to the next maintainer as Nuno's fixed the RN7 common bug which was the unresponsive mic due to its conflict with Google Now) and didn't have any problem at all.

Reactions: jjcdennis

kosiarz121

Nov 11, 2019
Monthly updates do not bring much, and Surya is a relatively young smartphone, so someone else will stay maintainer. Compared to MIUI, it's 10 times better anyway.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Hey how much of SOT do you get with this rom and how much with arrow?
Do you mean how long did I use each rom? If yes about the same amount. I got the phone early February and loaded Arrow a couple weeks later. I ran that till some time in April and have since been on PE. Couple things, Arrow was no doubt smaller and gave much better battery life. PE is more feature rich and works well. The reason I switched was because I could not get Android Auto to work properly with Arrow, but that was likely a combo of the vehicle at the time and Arrow. Works great with PE, but someone on the Arrow forum confirmed that AA works well for them.I will look forward to better battery life.

ramnoob

Sep 14, 2014
lahore
Do you mean how long did I use each rom? If yes about the same amount. I got the phone early February and loaded Arrow a couple weeks later. I ran that till some time in April and have since been on PE. Couple things, Arrow was no doubt smaller and gave much better battery life. PE is more feature rich and works well. The reason I switched was because I could not get Android Auto to work properly with Arrow, but that was likely a combo of the vehicle at the time and Arrow. Works great with PE, but someone on the Arrow forum confirmed that AA works well for them.I will look forward to better battery life.
For me, google maps don't work well on arrow either and by Sot i meant, screen on time with the rom

mysterium

Nov 28, 2012
I have been trying to download this ROM for the last 5 days from pixel experience website "https://download.pixelexperience.org/surya" but it is extremely slow and I can't get to download the ROM at all and the server keep disconnecting and it doesn't support resume. Can anyone please upload the ROM on faster server e.g. (Google Drive, mediafire., or mega) and post the download link. Thank you so much
I'm after latest release
PixelExperience_Plus_surya-11.0-20210719-1140-OFFICIAL.zip
OR
PixelExperience_surya-11.0-20210719-1140-OFFICIAL.zip

eladzazon

Mar 18, 2011
www.reka.us
I have been trying to download this ROM for the last 5 days from pixel experience website "https://download.pixelexperience.org/surya" but it is extremely slow and I can't get to download the ROM at all and the server keep disconnecting and it doesn't support resume. Can anyone please upload the ROM on faster server e.g. (Google Drive, mediafire., or mega) and post the download link. Thank you so much
I'm after latest release
PixelExperience_Plus_surya-11.0-20210719-1140-OFFICIAL.zip
OR
PixelExperience_surya-11.0-20210719-1140-OFFICIAL.zip
Hi there
i have uploaded it for you to mega

Reactions: Reatmos and qu38mm

m0tyrider

Dec 14, 2008
Just noticed when I take photos on the included camera app the photos are kind of "Cropped" - not sure whats up with that...but think I am going to move away from this rom now.

I really did like it, but the camera thing is pretty annoying and I can't seem to find an option to change my google photos to upload in the reduced quality size.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The way I installed it:

1. Download a fastboot version of MIUI Android 11 ROM
    2. Unpack the downloaded archive and find a file named super.img
    3. I used a USB OTG with a USB memory drive to flash super.img in TWRP, then flash the ROM

Everything went fine, ROM is still working pretty good.
    For anyone still on the previous maintainer version and still wonder how to get on with the new one or need some feedback. (In case you don't join the Telegram group and basically out of the loop).

1. Basically, with all flashing the super.img or fastboot in MiFlash, you just need to go back to stock state as the previous maintainer had modified the partition which incompatible with others. The easiest way to do so is to use MiFlash. Trust me, I tried the super.img method before and it wasted me like 1-2 hrs just to see the error 1 in TWRP and 'the file is corrupted" in OF.
    2. After revert back to stock miui rom, you start from scratch like flashing TWRP in fastboot (as it is back to MIUI recovery), format storage, flash the rom (I did not flash any FW) and that basically it.

The feedback of this rom, inevitably have to compare with the previous one.
    1. You got the minimum refresh rate back = a bit of battery saving.
    2. You got HBM and CABC mode. Kinda useful especially with mediocre brightness display in X3.
    3. Once or twice freezing in 1st boot but gone after that.
    4. Some said that the notification is a bit delayed, compared to previous one. Not significantly on mine.

Overall, it's the same rom but you gained some features back like color setting and minimum refresh rate. Just give it a go.

PS. I'm also waiting for the A12 version.
    Did the update wipe your internal memory and storage? Since it does say it's a new partition table.
    Yes it does. Everything wiped - fresh start but I've got backup on cloud so i do not worry about that much.
    Yes it does. Everything wiped - fresh start but I've got backup on cloud so i do not worry about that much.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Apart some super.img issues, I installed the new update and so far it seems very solid.

The hassle of reinstalling and restoring apps and data is not as bad as on earlier versions of Android, but it's still very cumbersome and annoying.
    GCam Fix for Pixel Experience [11]

Here

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New maintainer
    Pixel Experience official - July build
    * Extreme battery saver fixed
    * FM app removed (as it's unsupported)
    * Various performance improvements and minor bug fixes
    * July security patch (obviously)

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended! New TWRP builds (3.5.2_10-5+) are untested!

Open source parts of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

👉👈😳
    AFTER A FEW PAINFUL WEEKS OF WORK I PRESENT TO YOU

photo_2021-04-18_23-05-12.jpg

Pixel Experience Official - 20/05
    * CAF Vendor (again) - updated to Android 11
    * Fixed most bugs from previous CAF-based build
    * Performance and battery efficiency improvements
    * Dynamic refresh rate
    * Many smaller bugs from non-CAF PE fixed - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc improvements
    * May security patch

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended!

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:
    paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
    * * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)