• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

sgeri

Aug 2, 2012
Hy!
There was a problem with the previous ROM as Google voice typing crashed and restarted. Do you experience such a bug in this build?

Sep 22, 2021
In the change log it says:

_________________________________________________________________________________________
• If you are in the last Official Build of the old maintainer you must : ---flash MIUI fastboot with mi flash tool (pc application) ---or super.img file (u can find it by extract miui fastboot) in twrp/ofox to fix the partitions before flashing the new build.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

What is this MIUI fastboot or super.img?

From what I understand, we need to format everything to install the new maintainers version.
(Dirty flash is no good this time)

And also, the phone needs to be ready to re-partition the new available space for the new build. (which is done via format)
Is it enough to just go on TWRP and format then flash the new maintainers build?

I am not sure what MIUI fastboot or super.img is.

Strippler

Jan 13, 2016
A word of advice to anyone with Karna(Indian) variant trying to install this new september build:
1. Download the fastboot version of this firmware https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/surya/stable/V12.0.10.0.QJGINXM/. Extract it using winrar or 7 zip. I extracted it 2 times using 7 zip, so that definitely works. Winrar is also expected to work.
Disclaimer: Do not download any other version, like android 11 version, because no recovery works on that yet!
2. Download mi flash tool and flash this firmware using standard procedure.
Disclaimer: Do NOT just try to flash fastboot super.img, that caused me untold pain by causing a soft brick.
3. Unlock bootloader again(won't have to wait this time)
4. Flash recovery, Formal data(not wipe, but format) and flash previous pixel experience rom and then the new one
5. Done!

Last edited:

Strippler

Jan 13, 2016
Also, don't wipe the internal storage. That causes a problem too.
Edit: Thank You, Wilson, for thanks to your question, I realise that the problem is the result of either:
1. Wiping internal memory
Or
2. Formatting data before , instead of after flashing roms

The problem is that modem isn't there in newly flashed rom, meaning no wifi. If you've already made this mistake, you can bring it back by flashing miui through mi flash tool and then doing it without making either of the above mistakes.

FYI: My rom is running fine without wiping internal memory so it seems that it may be either the mistake that caused the modem loss or optional, so just don't do it imo.

Last edited:

topalov

May 9, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello, enjoying this rom from begining but now i need to back to official miui rom.

Things I try but didn't work:

1. Flash rom from xiaomi flash tool (easy aproach but getting error 21, global, eu, any rom, same error)
2. Changed between Orange Fox and TWRT recovery, same results
3. Flashing another rom like Lineage is alse not posibile, anythin but PixelExprience gives me a bootloop
4. Adb sideload also dont work because OrangeFox and TWRP dont support this.

Im missing something. Any advice how to flash official rom again?

Vega56

May 27, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello, enjoying this rom from begining but now i need to back to official miui rom.

Things I try but didn't work:

1. Flash rom from xiaomi flash tool (easy aproach but getting error 21, global, eu, any rom, same error)
2. Changed between Orange Fox and TWRT recovery, same results
3. Flashing another rom like Lineage is alse not posibile, anythin but PixelExprience gives me a bootloop
4. Adb sideload also dont work because OrangeFox and TWRP dont support this.

Im missing something. Any advice how to flash official rom again?

Wexy

May 9, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I had a bit of trouble getting the latest image to install. I was getting error 1 for every rom I tried to install, this and others. (formatting data the installing from usb drive) I extracted the super and installed via orange fox followed by firmware and then this latest rom. But still got error 1. Then unselected both unmount options before installing and it worked. Is that normal?

dpkmui8

Jan 8, 2017
Moto G4 Plus
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
The way I installed it:

1. Download a fastboot version of MIUI Android 11 ROM
2. Unpack the downloaded archive and find a file named super.img
3. I used a USB OTG with a USB memory drive to flash super.img in TWRP, then flash the ROM

Everything went fine, ROM is still working pretty good.
can you provide link for the fastboot version of MIUI Android 11 ROM please thank you.

in pixel experiance site there is a recovery image . what i have to do with it. it it something to be used if things went sideways? And if i flash with twrp will ther be issues and after flashing what all i have to do it for a clean install. what iment is what all i have to wipe data? devick caches? guide me please
That is Pixel experience's own recovery , While using the official builds , it's recommend for users to use the PE recovery (if it's available for your device/maintainer) , In most of the cases I've seen maintainers recommending the PE recovery Image over TWRP and other recoveries. So it would be better to use it.

thebejker

Oct 22, 2012
Hi there. I've got pixel experiance plus for some time (also the builds from previous maintainer). From the beginning I've got the ghost touch issue. I thought that after changing ROM to the new one (from the new maintainer) it will be finally fixed, but unfortunately it's still there. Do any of you have/had this issue or it's just me? Any idea what can I do about it?

robogo1982

Apr 24, 2011
Osijek
Realme 6
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi there. I've got pixel experiance plus for some time (also the builds from previous maintainer). From the beginning I've got the ghost touch issue. I thought that after changing ROM to the new one (from the new maintainer) it will be finally fixed, but unfortunately it's still there. Do any of you have/had this issue or it's just me? Any idea what can I do about it?
If the issue persists over multiple ROMs, it might be a hardware issue.

aLexzkter

Sep 21, 2010
Reactions: dpkmui8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The way I installed it:

1. Download a fastboot version of MIUI Android 11 ROM
    2. Unpack the downloaded archive and find a file named super.img
    3. I used a USB OTG with a USB memory drive to flash super.img in TWRP, then flash the ROM

Everything went fine, ROM is still working pretty good.
    Alright, some weird things are happening.

After a while, I can't access or use some features until I reboot the phone or clear the cache in recovery.

Today, I wasn't able to access the internal memory of my phone. I snapped a pic with the camera but couldn't open it (it simply didn't appear anywhere).

It's on top of this issue from the other day. I can't make heads or tails of it.
    This issue often happens on all custom roms and official oem OS because the scoped storage implentation in A11.

Use this Magisk module !
    For anyone still on the previous maintainer version and still wonder how to get on with the new one or need some feedback. (In case you don't join the Telegram group and basically out of the loop).

1. Basically, with all flashing the super.img or fastboot in MiFlash, you just need to go back to stock state as the previous maintainer had modified the partition which incompatible with others. The easiest way to do so is to use MiFlash. Trust me, I tried the super.img method before and it wasted me like 1-2 hrs just to see the error 1 in TWRP and 'the file is corrupted" in OF.
    2. After revert back to stock miui rom, you start from scratch like flashing TWRP in fastboot (as it is back to MIUI recovery), format storage, flash the rom (I did not flash any FW) and that basically it.

The feedback of this rom, inevitably have to compare with the previous one.
    1. You got the minimum refresh rate back = a bit of battery saving.
    2. You got HBM and CABC mode. Kinda useful especially with mediocre brightness display in X3.
    3. Once or twice freezing in 1st boot but gone after that.
    4. Some said that the notification is a bit delayed, compared to previous one. Not significantly on mine.

Overall, it's the same rom but you gained some features back like color setting and minimum refresh rate. Just give it a go.

PS. I'm also waiting for the A12 version.
    can you provide link for the fastboot version of MIUI Android 11 ROM please thank you.
    I found it by chance....

where you on the previous build prior to the new maintainer release? if so did you had to format data or wipe? thanks
    Formatted data, installed latest firmware, flashed super.img, flashed the ROM.

Made a backup of everything important beforehand.

EDIT: can't update the new maintainer's build from his previous version (error: 1). I'm officially giving up and moving on.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New maintainer
    Pixel Experience official - July build
    * Extreme battery saver fixed
    * FM app removed (as it's unsupported)
    * Various performance improvements and minor bug fixes
    * July security patch (obviously)

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended! New TWRP builds (3.5.2_10-5+) are untested!

Open source parts of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

👉👈😳
    AFTER A FEW PAINFUL WEEKS OF WORK I PRESENT TO YOU

photo_2021-04-18_23-05-12.jpg

Pixel Experience Official - 20/05
    * CAF Vendor (again) - updated to Android 11
    * Fixed most bugs from previous CAF-based build
    * Performance and battery efficiency improvements
    * Dynamic refresh rate
    * Many smaller bugs from non-CAF PE fixed - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc improvements
    * May security patch

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended!

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:
    paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
    * * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)