• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

JUANES101

Apr 3, 2012
Rionegro
hi, i have trouble whit bluetooth acc codec, if i activate this the sound is in the phone speakers, have to restart the phone and change the codec to sbc for this working, any solution for have hd audio? Thanks.

dpkmui8

Jan 8, 2017
Moto G4 Plus
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I found it by chance....

thanks for the info. what is the clean flash instructions? do i format than flash super.img than flash new maintainer zip in twrp? thanks again

aLexzkter

Sep 21, 2010
thanks for the info. what is the clean flash instructions? do i format than flash super.img than flash new maintainer zip in twrp? thanks again
I flashed super.img, flashed the newest FW from here and then data formatted. Finally tried to flash the ROM, it showed and error so I tried to flash it once again and it worked.

dpkmui8

Jan 8, 2017
Moto G4 Plus
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
The way I installed it:

1. Download a fastboot version of MIUI Android 11 ROM
2. Unpack the downloaded archive and find a file named super.img
3. I used a USB OTG with a USB memory drive to flash super.img in TWRP, then flash the ROM

Everything went fine, ROM is still working pretty good.
where you on the previous build prior to the new maintainer release? if so did you had to format data or wipe? thanks

robogo1982

Apr 24, 2011
Osijek
Realme 6
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
where you on the previous build prior to the new maintainer release? if so did you had to format data or wipe? thanks
Formatted data, installed latest firmware, flashed super.img, flashed the ROM.

Made a backup of everything important beforehand.

EDIT: can't update the new maintainer's build from his previous version (error: 1). I'm officially giving up and moving on.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpkmui8

simonkerr

Feb 17, 2011
Barcelona
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
If you get an ERROR: 1 in recovery, reflash recovery image and then flash the ROM, that's how it worked for me.
What recovery image? I initially tried updating with Orange Fox then TWRP (various versions) then back to OF but to no avail. I just gave up in the end, maybe flashing super.img again or the full stock ROM before latest PE might work but I don't want to wipe the phone again right now. Maybe it's irrelevant but I also wanted to try PE recovery again and can't find it anywhere on the oficcial site.

Last edited:

Snippet_q

Sep 10, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
For anyone still on the previous maintainer version and still wonder how to get on with the new one or need some feedback. (In case you don't join the Telegram group and basically out of the loop).

1. Basically, with all flashing the super.img or fastboot in MiFlash, you just need to go back to stock state as the previous maintainer had modified the partition which incompatible with others. The easiest way to do so is to use MiFlash. Trust me, I tried the super.img method before and it wasted me like 1-2 hrs just to see the error 1 in TWRP and 'the file is corrupted" in OF.
2. After revert back to stock miui rom, you start from scratch like flashing TWRP in fastboot (as it is back to MIUI recovery), format storage, flash the rom (I did not flash any FW) and that basically it.

The feedback of this rom, inevitably have to compare with the previous one.
1. You got the minimum refresh rate back = a bit of battery saving.
2. You got HBM and CABC mode. Kinda useful especially with mediocre brightness display in X3.
3. Once or twice freezing in 1st boot but gone after that.
4. Some said that the notification is a bit delayed, compared to previous one. Not significantly on mine.

Overall, it's the same rom but you gained some features back like color setting and minimum refresh rate. Just give it a go.

PS. I'm also waiting for the A12 version.

robogo1982

Apr 24, 2011
Osijek
Realme 6
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
What recovery image? I initially tried updating with Orange Fox then TWRP (various versions) then back to OF but to no avail. I just gave up in the end, maybe flashing super.img again or the full stock ROM before latest PE might work but I don't want to wipe the phone again right now. Maybe it's irrelevant but I also wanted to try PE recovery again and can't find it anywhere on the oficcial site.
TWRP 3.5.2. Reflashed and then the ROM installation went through without a problem.

shibas_

Oct 7, 2021
For anyone still on the previous maintainer version and still wonder how to get on with the new one or need some feedback. (In case you don't join the Telegram group and basically out of the loop).

1. Basically, with all flashing the super.img or fastboot in MiFlash, you just need to go back to stock state as the previous maintainer had modified the partition which incompatible with others. The easiest way to do so is to use MiFlash. Trust me, I tried the super.img method before and it wasted me like 1-2 hrs just to see the error 1 in TWRP and 'the file is corrupted" in OF.
2. After revert back to stock miui rom, you start from scratch like flashing TWRP in fastboot (as it is back to MIUI recovery), format storage, flash the rom (I did not flash any FW) and that basically it.

2. You got HBM and CABC mode. Kinda useful especially with mediocre brightness display in X3.
4. Some said that the notification is a bit delayed, compared to previous one. Not significantly on mine.

Overall, it's the same rom but you gained some features back like color setting and minimum refresh rate. Just give it a go.

PS. I'm also waiting for the A12 version.I am

PS. I'm also waiting for the A12 version.
I am on the arrow os and switching to PE have to do the same process

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    don´t use this rom. the developer has left the project and there is no new one here on xda.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

New maintainer
    Pixel Experience official - July build
    * Extreme battery saver fixed
    * FM app removed (as it's unsupported)
    * Various performance improvements and minor bug fixes
    * July security patch (obviously)

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended! New TWRP builds (3.5.2_10-5+) are untested!

Open source parts of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

👉👈😳
    AFTER A FEW PAINFUL WEEKS OF WORK I PRESENT TO YOU

photo_2021-04-18_23-05-12.jpg

Pixel Experience Official - 20/05
    * CAF Vendor (again) - updated to Android 11
    * Fixed most bugs from previous CAF-based build
    * Performance and battery efficiency improvements
    * Dynamic refresh rate
    * Many smaller bugs from non-CAF PE fixed - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc improvements
    * May security patch

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended!

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:
    paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
    * * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)