hey, thanks for the heads up. Do you have links you used for miflash and the rom to go back to? I downloaded a couple and miflash did not like them because they did not have the usual installation scripts "flash_all.bat" etc.For anyone still on the previous maintainer version and still wonder how to get on with the new one or need some feedback. (In case you don't join the Telegram group and basically out of the loop).
1. Basically, with all flashing the super.img or fastboot in MiFlash, you just need to go back to stock state as the previous maintainer had modified the partition which incompatible with others. The easiest way to do so is to use MiFlash. Trust me, I tried the super.img method before and it wasted me like 1-2 hrs just to see the error 1 in TWRP and 'the file is corrupted" in OF.
2. After revert back to stock miui rom, you start from scratch like flashing TWRP in fastboot (as it is back to MIUI recovery), format storage, flash the rom (I did not flash any FW) and that basically it.
The feedback of this rom, inevitably have to compare with the previous one.
1. You got the minimum refresh rate back = a bit of battery saving.
2. You got HBM and CABC mode. Kinda useful especially with mediocre brightness display in X3.
3. Once or twice freezing in 1st boot but gone after that.
4. Some said that the notification is a bit delayed, compared to previous one. Not significantly on mine.
Overall, it's the same rom but you gained some features back like color setting and minimum refresh rate. Just give it a go.
PS. I'm also waiting for the A12 version.
This issue often happens on all custom roms and official oem OS because the scoped storage implentation in A11.Alright, some weird things are happening.
After a while, I can't access or use some features until I reboot the phone or clear the cache in recovery.
Today, I wasn't able to access the internal memory of my phone. I snapped a pic with the camera but couldn't open it (it simply didn't appear anywhere).
It's on top of this issue from the other day. I can't make heads or tails of it.
or try latest twrp from brigudav https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664825467
No, only try to use Rom Update flashing. But with twrp all fine.
TBH I'm not too sure. To flash A12 with encryption (21/01/2022) I had to flash PE Recovery, with the version of TWRP I had it just wouldn't boot the OS. Once A12 was flashed I've been able to update to the latest OTA no problem. I think here on out things will be easier, I hope I'm right.