[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

mikeroal

Apr 10, 2021

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

This version of PE is the best thing that happened to the POCO X3. I have a question, guys. They are going to update the rom so that when the 90hz or 120hz pass to 60hz when 3 seconds pass. I think it would help a lot with the drums issue. I have noticed a higher battery consumption in this rom than when I had the stock rom.

Queph

Jan 14, 2015
This version of PE is the best thing that happened to the POCO X3. I have a question, guys. They are going to update the rom so that when the 90hz or 120hz pass to 60hz when 3 seconds pass. I think it would help a lot with the drums issue. I have noticed a higher battery consumption in this rom than when I had the stock rom.
I guess its about Dynamic Refresh Rate thing. Because while using YouTube (it is a example.) stock rom automaticly locking to 60 hz but in P.E it is still staying at 120 hz or 90 hz (whatever u choose). That mean more battery consumption.

mikeroal

Apr 10, 2021
I guess its about Dynamic Refresh Rate thing. Because while using YouTube (it is a example.) stock rom automaticly locking to 60 hz but in P.E it is still staying at 120 hz or 90 hz (whatever u choose). That mean more battery consumption.
Exactly, the rom is excellent. But I have noticed certain power leakage points that perhaps in future updates can be polished. the battery difference from the rom I am to this one is more or less 1-2 hours of battery life.

Reactions: Queph

Queph

Jan 14, 2015
Exactly, the rom is excellent. But I have noticed certain power leakage points that perhaps in future updates can be polished. the battery difference from the rom I am to this one is more or less 1-2 hours of battery life.
Yes, the rom is great. No bug at all. I don't know is there any option or isnt about DRR thing like turning off or on. But the rom is totally great. So smooth.

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
did NFC (write/read) working on your device? which PE version you use?
NFC read works ok if it's reading non writable tag. Writing and reading a rewritable tag fail with NFC crashing and having to reboot. It's fairly common in custom ROMs unfortunately...

BUT the dev and I tested a little mod (he did it and I tested it) that enables writing and reading writable tags. It will normally be included in the next update but if he hasn't the time I will explain. Maybe it will need some polishing... I'm no dev nor a modder (only a "power user" with basic skills) and can't make even a flashable mod but I'll try 😉

I successfully tested it on latest PE+ ROM and the mod for the moment only requires root and a root capable file explorer (I use MiXplorer which is IMHO the best file explorer ever).

Last edited:
Reactions: pnin

AJ2553

Apr 10, 2021
Hello! Will this firmware work on poco x3 pro?
Hi ZeLix,

By the looks of the Pixel Experience website, the Pixel Experience ROM is only available on Surya/Karna devices, which are the Poco X3 NFC (Surya) and the Poco X3 (no NFC), which is codename Karna. A build for the Pro version will probably come in the future :)
🙂👍

AJ2553

Apr 10, 2021
Hello! Will this firmware work on poco x3 pro?
Hi ZeLix,

By the looks of the Pixel Experience website, the Pixel Experience ROM is only available on Surya/Karna devices, which are the Poco X3 NFC (Surya) and the Poco X3 (no NFC), which is codename Karna. A build for the Pro version will probably come in the future :)
🙂👍

Lukeass

Aug 16, 2020
I have notice since 2 weeks the some apps are crashing/freezing or not saving date/cache and apps freaking out.
Also after some days after reboot front camera is turning so slow.

kiki6639

Sep 15, 2011
Zagreb
Using PE+ for a month. My Poco x3 is like a new phone. Although there is some bug. Some apps are crashing for no reason when i using them.. like waze, tiktok, wolt... Not all apps just some of them. All in all just fantastic experience.

Reactions: Lukeass

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pixel Experience Official - 18/04
    * First build to use new fully custom CAF-based vendor - PE is the first rom to ship a fully stable custom vendor on POCO X3!
    * Many improvements and bug fixes - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc fixes
    * Completely new kernel
    * April security patch
    * Weather on lockscreen fixed

NOTE: While existing custom kernels DO work nfc will only work on stock kernel for now. You have been warned. For kernel devs: revert xiaomi's nfc changes to fix this!

Dirty flash is fine

Q firmware recommended

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

🥵
    Yes it is fairly common that it shows slow charging while fast charging.
    PE 19/04 OFFICIAL
    * Temporarily reverted vendor to stock - most bugs removed
    * VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED - DON'T FLASH IT!

Q firmware required

Dirty flash is fine

Download:
    can we use wide angle and macro lenses?
    Yeah we can; there's a Google camera port. 2x zoom is actually the wide angle and the 0.6x is the macro. Here's the download link:
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1343/

Hope this helps 🙂
    One more problem with the latest build. The phone doesn't show a charging state when I use my old Huawei charger (no charging info on the lock screen and on the battery settings page, but the phone is charging and the percentage grow up). And as I remembered with the previous builds if the battery icon turn to text only it still shows a lightning icon near the percentage when the phone is charging and now it's not showing (charging from pc when there is info about charging on the lock screen and on the battery settings page).

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

* * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)
    Pixel Experience Official - 18/04
    * First build to use new fully custom CAF-based vendor - PE is the first rom to ship a fully stable custom vendor on POCO X3!
    * Many improvements and bug fixes - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc fixes
    * Completely new kernel
    * April security patch
    * Weather on lockscreen fixed

NOTE: While existing custom kernels DO work nfc will only work on stock kernel for now. You have been warned. For kernel devs: revert xiaomi's nfc changes to fix this!

Dirty flash is fine

Q firmware recommended

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

🥵
    PE 19/04 OFFICIAL
    * Temporarily reverted vendor to stock - most bugs removed
    * VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED - DON'T FLASH IT!

Q firmware required

Dirty flash is fine

Download:
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Development threads are not the place for people to argue whose work is better, or bickering back and forth about each other.

The insults, disrespect, off-topic, and non-development chatter needs to stop immediately. Comments violating Forum Rules have been deleted as will further comments.

Members who continue to post comment in violation of the rules will have their accounts reviewed for restriction or removal.

It's really simple: if you don't like the work, go somewhere else, if the work is kanged or dangerous, REPORT it, if you disagree with something personal about the dev, keep it to yourself as this isn't Facebook or Instagram where most people complain, bicker, and insult others like children.

tl;dr

-Follow Forum Rules when posting
    -Stop the disrespect and off-topic,
    -Those who continue to post trash will find their accounts reviewed and/or restricted
    -Keep the trash on social media, not Xda
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone