[ROM][11][SURYA/KARNA][NEW] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Question for PE users, which vendor firmware are you using with the latest PE rom? I'm still on 1.2.0.7.0, but see V 12.0.8.0.QJGMIXM availble.
The second question is did you dirty flash the firmware via OF, or clean flash it first and clean flash the PE rom after that?
I haven't updated firmware via OF and am curious whether a clean flash is required.

camperbh

Feb 22, 2021
Question for PE users, which vendor firmware are you using with the latest PE rom? I'm still on 1.2.0.7.0, but see V 12.0.8.0.QJGMIXM availble.
The second question is did you dirty flash the firmware via OF, or clean flash it first and clean flash the PE rom after that?
I haven't updated firmware via OF and am curious whether a clean flash is required.
Are you on 12.0.7.0 RJGMIXM? That's the latest android 11 firmware. 12.0.8.0 QJGMIXM is the latest global android 10 firmware. For india, the latest is 12.0.10.0 QJGMIXM.
According to this (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-surya-karna-new-pixelexperience-aosp.4231127/page-11#post-84865859) post, you need android 10 firmware.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Are you on 12.0.7.0 RJGMIXM? That's the latest android 11 firmware. 12.0.8.0 QJGMIXM is the latest global android 10 firmware. For india, the latest is 12.0.10.0 QJGMIXM.
According to this (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-surya-karna-new-pixelexperience-aosp.4231127/page-11#post-84865859) post, you need android 10 firmware.
I'm not sure how to tell, but I did update to 12.0.7.0 before I unlocked the phone via the Xiaomi updater - phone was not updated to 11 then. So I'm assuming its Q. I guess I would have had problems with Arrow and PE if I had an R update. Mine is a global X3 (Canada).

Last edited:

camperbh

Feb 22, 2021
I'm not sure how to tell, but I did update to 12.0.7.0 before I unlocked the phone via the Xiaomi updater - phone was not updated to 11 then. So I'm assuming its Q. I guess I would have had problems with Arrow and PE if I had an R update. Mine is a global X3 (Canada).
If so, you are good to go. No need to update. Though it is for the best if you want to avoid bugs.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
If so, you are good to go. No need to update. Though it is for the best if you want to avoid bugs.
Sorry to be a bit dense about this..."dirty" flash (no wipe) with OF, the same as flashing a rom, or to a specific partition? I haven't found anything specific on flashing firmware other than some vague posts.

camperbh

Feb 22, 2021
Sorry to be a bit dense about this..."dirty" flash (no wipe) with OF, the same as flashing a rom, or to a specific partition? I haven't found anything specific on flashing firmware other than some vague posts.
You just flash it like any other zip bro. No need to wipe or flash to a specific partition. It does everything for you.

Reactions: jjcdennis

Snippet_q

Sep 10, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I don't know if the procedure of flashing the rom has changed for a while or not as I switched from lavender (Redmi Note 7) to this one but what I have done so far (and faced no bug at all except some freeze in some very specific games in April update) is (I moved from MIUI.EU 12.0.7)
1. Wipe. Just the normal wipe in TWRP.
2. Flashed the global firmware (12.0.8).
3. Flashed the rom.
4. Format the data.
5. (Optional) Flashed Magisk 21.4 (as the later version required to do something something more complicated so I just flashed the last one that could in TWRP and just updated to 22-ish in Magisk app).
6. Done.

As I understand (unless there's any change in flashing procedure after Android 11), it doesn't matter which version of MIUI you have before flashing the PE as it will be wiped out clean in TWRP. So whether you're on 12.0.7 or 8 (the latest one) it doesn't matter at all. All that matter is to use the latest firmware (12.0.8), clean flash it (dirty flash for me is limited to the update within the same rom to avoid any unnecessary bugs) and you're good to go.

Reactions: jjcdennis

qu38mm

Oct 25, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Xiaomi Poco F3
I flashed the ROM 24h ago, and it's looking very, very good. Coming from ArrowOS.

However, I can't seem to find a way to enable the battery percentage on the status bar. Is this seriously not included in PixelExperience ROMs?
It's in settings>system>status bar, under Battery indicator. You can have it inside/next to the icon or replace the icon with the text setting and just display the percent!

Reactions: Howell

ivanch88

Feb 3, 2021
I don't know if it is the bug of the last build, but sometimes the NFC module stops working. Only restart help with that. Very annoying problem since I use GPay a lot.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Battery life is great so far with this ROM. Curious thing though, I plugged it into the fast charger and the phone charged in 35 minutes. While it was charging the message on the phone was that it was charging slowly. Is this a common thing?

Reactions: qu38mm

_cristobalag

Dec 1, 2016
I just update by clicking on the update notification and then I click no Install, then the phone automatic turn into recovery (I have TWRP) and do all the process himself. Then My phone reboot and here I am.

Thanks 4 an easy updating rom.
Sorry 4 My bad english.

(I never root my phone)

AJ2553

Apr 10, 2021
Hi,
Is there a way to get the stock miui camera app APK from the Poco X3 NFC to work on the Pixel Experience ROM? I extracted the APK, but when I tried to install it it just said 'app not installed'. I could be something to do with the different vendors or something 👍🙂

catalystsentinel

Apr 4, 2018

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

can we use wide angle and macro lenses?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Poco X3/Poco X3 NFC [surya/karna]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Pixel Experience official - July build
    * Extreme battery saver fixed
    * FM app removed (as it's unsupported)
    * Various performance improvements and minor bug fixes
    * July security patch (obviously)

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended! New TWRP builds (3.5.2_10-5+) are untested!

Open source parts of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:

Download:

👉👈😳
    New maintainer
    AFTER A FEW PAINFUL WEEKS OF WORK I PRESENT TO YOU

photo_2021-04-18_23-05-12.jpg

Pixel Experience Official - 20/05
    * CAF Vendor (again) - updated to Android 11
    * Fixed most bugs from previous CAF-based build
    * Performance and battery efficiency improvements
    * Dynamic refresh rate
    * Many smaller bugs from non-CAF PE fixed - for example minimal brightness when using autobrightness and a few nfc improvements
    * May security patch

FIRMWARE AND VENDOR ALREADY INCLUDED

Dirty flash is fine

NOTE: Only use kernels marked as "CAF"! "OSS" or prebuilt kernels won't fully work!

Important: Older recoveries, particularly OrangeFox will not work with this build. TWRP 3.5.1+ or any build of PE recovery is recommended!

GPL parts and a few open repos of surya-caf project live here:

Consider donating:
    paypal.me/nullby

Download:

🥵
    * * * Thread Cleaned, Again * * *

Thanks to those who reported the troll and didn't add fuel to their immature, childish fire.

My apologies for not being available to remove these classless posts sooner (I was driving home from work).

Please remember, even when members don't use such ridiculous language, when we argue, rant, and lose our minds in the threads, THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK LIKE to all the adults and mature members. So don't be a 🤡🤡🤡

If the troll tries to return, please immediately send me a PM, then REPORT the comment.

Thanks again to all the regulars who kept their cool and didn't feed the troll (y)