• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11][Sweet][Sweetin] Pixel Experience [OFFICIAL][AOSP]

Search This thread

rdx93

May 29, 2012
I've been using this for a couple of days and thought I'll give a few highlights for new users waiting to try, as well as constructive feedback.

This is very well built with minimal bugs and is definitely a daily driver.
- Absolutely love the refined software experience of pure android
- Love the unlimited Google photos feature

Below points are issues I found and other things which would be good to have.
Trust me this ROM is so refined that listing the below feels like nitpicking.

[Issues]
- when toggling dnd from notification bar, the options showed up in the non expanded area and did not auto expand (screenshot)
- press power button to unlock with fingerprint would be great as the position of the reader in this phone is not like other phones. Currently it is only touch to unlock
- the AoD screen sometimes flickers, turns on and off multiple times (happened 1/100 times)
- battery life is good but not as great as MIUI. Will test few more charge cycles to see if adaptive battery can help
- I faced weird touch inputs when in pocket, when i took it out an emergency contact call was in place and dnd was turned on.
- after talking on the phone the notification bar was expanded and dnd was turned on from touches from my ear

[Nitpicking]
- auto brightness works well but changes are drastic and not smooth, like jumping from 50% to 10% directly, rather than transitioning smoothly
- call recording without the announcement would be awesome to have
- It'd be good to have clock position changing in AoD to avoid amoled burn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-115713_Nova7.png
    Screenshot_20211020-115713_Nova7.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 171

anooj21m

Apr 17, 2013
Thane
I've been using this for a couple of days and thought I'll give a few highlights for new users waiting to try, as well as constructive feedback.

This is very well built with minimal bugs and is definitely a daily driver.
- Absolutely love the refined software experience of pure android
- Love the unlimited Google photos feature

Below points are issues I found and other things which would be good to have.
Trust me this ROM is so refined that listing the below feels like nitpicking.

[Issues]
- when toggling dnd from notification bar, the options showed up in the non expanded area and did not auto expand (screenshot)
- press power button to unlock with fingerprint would be great as the position of the reader in this phone is not like other phones. Currently it is only touch to unlock
- the AoD screen sometimes flickers, turns on and off multiple times (happened 1/100 times)
- battery life is good but not as great as MIUI. Will test few more charge cycles to see if adaptive battery can help
- I faced weird touch inputs when in pocket, when i took it out an emergency contact call was in place and dnd was turned on.
- after talking on the phone the notification bar was expanded and dnd was turned on from touches from my ear

[Nitpicking]
- auto brightness works well but changes are drastic and not smooth, like jumping from 50% to 10% directly, rather than transitioning smoothly
- call recording without the announcement would be awesome to have
- It'd be good to have clock position changing in AoD to avoid amoled burn
did you not face any screen flickering issues?

Testerben

Oct 23, 2021
proximity sensor works fine for me, the only issues that bothers me is low brightness is too bright
On my device, the proximity sensor doesn't seems to work. When holding phone to ear while taking calls, I notice the screen is still on. Was there a setting I missed ?

Just installed the latest PixelExperience_Plus_sweet-11.0-20211014-0429-OFFICIAL.zip

dsjiffry

Aug 20, 2014
Has anyone managed to get ANX v204 to work on this ROM? I keep getting a "cannot connect to camera" error.
weird since it worked back when I was on ArrowOS (Gapps version).

Looser96

Oct 23, 2021
is it just me? or anyone else noticed a whole screen blackout in every 2-3 minutes when phone is on AOD? i flashed Pixel experience thrice, now i am sure it's not because of any error while flashing.

Reactions: rdx93

-o0o-

Oct 24, 2021
My phone is fast power loss. No apps run background, no bluetooth, no always on display. 1h loss 2% pin. How to check and optimize save pin.

My phone code name: sweet
ROM: Last update (2021/10/14)
New order phone: 2021/10/15.

Last edited:

warexable

Apr 5, 2012
Guess some people already faced increased battery usage? Any ideas how to fix it except reboot? I did some investigation on battery usage and noticed that it's mostly caused by kernel. Feels like smp2p is causing CPU running and can be a reason for battery drain. -20% of battery in idle state.

Latest (october) PE ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: demichiel

rdx93

May 29, 2012
After using it for a few weeks, I'd say this ROM is perfect with no issues. I flashed with the recovery on the download website using usb sideload. No flickering issues like others, great high refresh rate experience.

If devs are planning for future updates I'd simply suggest the below.

1. Camera App - miui or similar good working camera app be part of the package so it is usable without root
2. Speaker Audio - enhance stereo effect

Low Priority:
1. Call Recording
2. Press to unlock for fingerprint

Reactions: Giux-900

rdx93

May 29, 2012
Guess some people already faced increased battery usage? Any ideas how to fix it except reboot? I did some investigation on battery usage and noticed that it's mostly caused by kernel. Feels like smp2p is causing CPU running and can be a reason for battery drain.

Just look at screenshots, -20% of battery in idle state.

Latest (october) PE ROM.
I faced up to 10% overnight drain at max. Do you think adaptive battery might help after a few charge cycles.

demichiel

Jun 15, 2009
Leuven
Guess some people already faced increased battery usage? Any ideas how to fix it except reboot? I did some investigation on battery usage and noticed that it's mostly caused by kernel. Feels like smp2p is causing CPU running and can be a reason for battery drain. -20% of battery in idle state.

Latest (october) PE ROM.
Same experience here, still a lot better than before the September update, but noticeably worse than the September update as well.

Prathap.sb

Sep 17, 2021
Guys, I'm having an issue with my audio jack, the phone recognizes the earphones or headphones but the audio won't come out through it. It's stopped working after September updated I updated to oct update but I'm still facing the same issue. Help me in this regard.

ddych

Sep 18, 2021
Guys, I'm having an issue with my audio jack, the phone recognizes the earphones or headphones but the audio won't come out through it. It's stopped working after September updated I updated to oct update but I'm still facing the same issue. Help me in this regard.
@ZIDAN44 , I'm pretty sure this issue, as well as the audio recognition issue and the call recording issue, have the same reason, maybe sound lib changes or something like that. Can you please fix it in a next build?

Geck141

Oct 27, 2021
i have the redmi note 10 pro indian variant( 64mp, sweetin codename not sure about this though). can i use this rom for it? as it mentions sweet in the page. can i use sweet roms on my sweetin in general? thanks

anooj21m

Apr 17, 2013
Thane
HI, y'all. I had a quick question, if anyone could help me out. I updated Pixel Experience on my Redmi Note 10 Pro the other day (it's running great) though quite a bit of space seems to be still taken up by the downloaded system update.

(see there at the top)

Trying to clear the cache in settings doesn't do the trick:

I was hoping someone could tell me how to reclaim the space. I haven't put a rom on an android in years, and some things have changed.
Did you find a solution to this?

-o0o-

Oct 24, 2021
@ZIDAN44
I found new bug:
1. Wireless charging is not work.
2. Very fast loss power.

Could you can please update and fix issue in new upgrade rom.

Thank.

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Hey @ZIDAN44

It would be great if you could give us a mirror for the August build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. The August build was the one that had the best battery life and updating to later builds with that as the base version installed on the phone did not cause any flickering or battery issues.
Can you please provide us with a mirror to that build.

Top Liked Posts

I am noticing absurd screen tint shift and flickering when I am using dark mode and grey colour is shown because the screen shifts from 60 to 120 hertz frequently and I have found the fix the fix is to go in the settings and change the refresh rate to 60 and then again change it to 120 it fixed the issue for me
    THREAD CLEANED

Hi y'all! Just popping in to drop a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from responding to posts that you think are offensive or against the Forum Rules. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath and be kind to one another, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Screenshot_20211122-001530_Telegram.png
    its not dead just download telegram for real time support
    Is this project dead or what
    I am noticing absurd screen tint shift and flickering when I am using dark mode and grey colour is shown because the screen shifts from 60 to 120 hertz frequently and I have found the fix the fix is to go in the settings and change the refresh rate to 60 and then again change it to 120 it fixed the issue for me
    I'm running the october rom right now, tried flashing the september rom over it but that didn't boot. September rom I lost maybe 2% overnight, now it's more like 8-10%. For me it's back to charging the phone once a day, while on the september version it was once every two days. I'd go for the september version if you haven't installed one yet.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Redmi Note 10 Pro [sweet]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    NFC
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Nothing

HOW TO FLASH PE
    Guide

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel

Source Changelog:
    • May security patch
    • Imported translations
    • Under the hood improvements

Device Changelog:
    • Fixed low brightness
    • Updated blobs from V12.0.10.0.RKFINXM
    • Updated kernel V12.0.10.0.RKFINXM
    • Many more improvements
    Source Changelog:
    • July security patch
    • Updated translations
    • Improved FaceUnlock
    • Minor bug fixes

Device Changelog:
    • Switched to aidl light hals
    • Set default RefreshRate to 120
    • Implement xiaomi dc dimming
    • Setup props for userspace LMKD
    • Pin more services in PinnerServiceFiles
    • Switch Skia rendering backend to Vulkan
    • Force enable triple frame buffers
    • Killed IMS logspam with fire
    • Disabled Stereo support for voip
    • Added EAS configuration from sunfish
    • Configured dynamic schedtune boost
    • Disabled dynamic fps
    • Enabled enable_hwc_vds
    • Switched to oss kernel
    • Shiped prebuild vendor images

Notes:
    • If you face any issue tag me with logs.
    @ZIDAN44 Is there any probability of a modified phone app, which doesn't announce recording for regions that do not have any such regulations.
    You want me to add call recording feature?
    THREAD CLEANED

Hi y'all! Just popping in to drop a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from responding to posts that you think are offensive or against the Forum Rules. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath and be kind to one another, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator