[ROM] [11] [TREBLE] [OFFICIAL] AncientROM-Society/Weaboo V5.7 for Nokia 8 [NB1] [Discontinued]

Search This thread

Philadelphia

Mar 23, 2007
Amman
Thank you for trying to assist.

@furblefox Hey there, i apologize for the delay XDA doesnt always notify me.

Yes the reason for flashing twrp after the ROM is the rom includes no recovery, so if you forget this step your ultimately stuck in a loop because there is no recovery so it hangs on the splash. I included this into my flash instructions.

there will soon be a fastboot img for these cases to recover, but if you have root you can also just flash twrp zip in smartpack to get recovery back

If any issues feel free to join our support group, if your still stuck let me know.
Hi Marcel,
I have this problem with PixelExperience Rom . I didn't flash TWRP again after ROM and now my screen is black and not responding to adb and fastboot commands even when I attach the phone to laptop I can hear connection sound . any solution???

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
Hi Marcel,
I have this problem with PixelExperience Rom . I didn't flash TWRP again after ROM and now my screen is black and not responding to adb and fastboot commands even when I attach the phone to laptop I can hear connection sound . any solution???
All roms have it on NB1 because it has no recovery, The step of flashing twrp again is important due to that fact.

PM me on telegram ill assist you to recover, @marceldossantos91

Philadelphia

Mar 23, 2007
Amman
All roms have it on NB1 because it has no recovery, The step of flashing twrp again is important due to that fact.

Dear All,

I’m posting here to thank @marceldossantos91 for his big effort to solve my issue. This man is overqualified genius expert. He knows exactly and precisely what he is doing. Big thanks to him and all the experts in this forum that help millions of people.

1636492007265.gif

svjontherocks

May 8, 2018
Nokia 8
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Hi
I have flashed this ROM & I really like it so far. The only issue I see is the RAM usage. Is there any way to reduce RAM usage?
I flashed this ROM, then TWRP, then MAGISK patched boot image. Thanks in advance devs!

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
Hi
I have flashed this ROM & I really like it so far. The only issue I see is the RAM usage. Is there any way to reduce RAM usage?
I flashed this ROM, then TWRP, then MAGISK patched boot image. Thanks in advance devs!
Dont worry to much about the ram usage, the memory management will take over and clean whats needed, we use slmk so the system will use more ram if available and clean it when needed

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
We are stopped, yeah?
Actually, anything but.

I released first A12 alpha ancient version in our testing group today. All development has shifted to A12 ;) it will come soon, stay tuned, or feel free to join us on telegram through our testing versions.

I will publish on xda once we get BT fixed

@emufan4568 is also releasing a massive ddv update for our vendor, probably one of the biggest updates we seen to NB1 by far, his been working alot on A12 trees.

So no further updates to A11 as the changes are to minor to justify flashing

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: rashazad

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
Actually, anything but.

I released first A12 alpha ancient version in our testing group today. All development has shifted to A12 ;) it will come soon, stay tuned, or feel free to join us on telegram through our testing versions.

I will publish on xda once we get BT fixed

@emufan4568 is also releasing a massive ddv update for our vendor, probably one of the biggest updates we seen to NB1 by far, his been working alot on A12 trees.

So no further updates to A11 as the changes are to minor to justify flashing
Wow, hearing from you is beyond a sign to hope.
I don't join to telegram group.
If you ask me, if and only if camera audio and picture quality gets fixed, this is the best thing has ever happened to my phone since 2018.
Patiently waiting.

Reactions: marceldossantos91

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
I'm working on a new update that updates the entire common blob stack from Android 10 DDV to the new Android 11 update for 7.2. The fact that the update was released so late is beneficial for us because it means that the blobs have a quite recent CAF tag (it's only 3 weeks old by this point). All the configs/dependencies and libs will be updated as well so this is a pretty major upgrade. For it to work I also built custom display/media/audio HALs specifically for our device which are based on pure CAF, and more specifically on AOSPA (https://github.com/AOSPA/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/ruby-8998) because the new blobs are so up-to-date that we can't use the older LOS HALs.

A12 currently has issues with bluetooth, however I have suspicions as to what the fix might be. Aside from that A12 is very promising so far.

About camera quality, @rashazad, I haven't had any issues with the latest release of AncientOS 11 though. The camera takes pictures fine and I have been using GCAM just fine for the past few days during my trip abroad to take pictures of sights, etc. So unless you provide logs, specific description of the issue, when it happens and some test pictures to show me the loss of quality then I don't know if I can be of any help.

Last edited:
Reactions: r100 and rashazad

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
I'm working on a new update that updates the entire common blob stack from Android 10 DDV to the new Android 11 update for 7.2. The fact that the update was released so late is beneficial for us because it means that the blobs have a quite recent CAF tag (it's only 3 weeks old by this point). All the configs/dependencies and libs will be updated as well so this is a pretty major upgrade. For it to work I also built custom display/media/audio HALs specifically for our device which are based on pure CAF, and more specifically on AOSPA (https://github.com/AOSPA/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/ruby-8998) because the new blobs are so up-to-date that we can't use the older LOS HALs.

A12 currently has issues with bluetooth, however I have suspicions as to what the fix might be. Aside from that A12 is very promising so far.

About camera quality, @rashazad, I haven't had any issues with the latest release of AncientOS 11 though. The camera takes pictures fine and I have been using GCAM just fine for the past few days during my trip abroad to take pictures of sights, etc. So unless you provide logs, specific description of the issue, when it happens and some test pictures to show me the loss of quality then I don't know if I can be of any help.
Picture quality can be fixed with gcam. I don't if it can comsidered as a bug or what.
The main issue is audio recording which was not stable.
I provided @marceldossantos91 with logs. Now I'm on stock so sorry not being able to provide again.
Btw, waiting new release.

CitizenZer0

Sep 7, 2021
To expand on the above question, do I need to flash the ROM every time the ROM gets an update or does it auto-update when a new version comes out?

Waiting for the awesome A12 version to be stable before formatting and flashing on my phone!

Thanks a lot for your hard work!

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
Does this official version get monthly security updates? Like lineage os?
Apologies for the delay, SP patches get updates from time to time but definitely not at the speed of LOS.

With the current decryption bug though and all development shifted towards A12, i more hope we can get A12 going, however if not soon, i will release a maintainence update by about month end.

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
To expand on the above question, do I need to flash the ROM every time the ROM gets an update or does it auto-update when a new version comes out?

Waiting for the awesome A12 version to be stable before formatting and flashing on my phone!

Thanks a lot for your hard work!
Yes, you need to flash it, dirty flash is possible, but with our decryption bug mentioned it could trigger a data wipe, thats why im avoiding pushing unecessary updates for now, i dont want everyone constantly needing to clean flash for such minor changes.

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
I apologize for being quiet here, i don't check xda to often.

in a few days ancient V5.7 should be up im busy building, though, please note that.. i can't promise it won't wipe internal to install this update due to the decryption bug, please, backup first!

Last edited:
Reactions: rashazad

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
That's some good news. Thanks
What about updates @emufan4568 report we s to be working on?
I'm working on making Android 12 stable enough for daily use. Right now it's 90% perfect, as bluetooth and some minor encryption hurdles remain to be fixed (the encryption is mostly fixed though). My priority if fixing the encryption bug though and making OTA's work properly (which should be possible after a new firmware update).

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks to all our developers working on this device. You are doing an amazing job.

marceldossantos91

Jan 17, 2011
Ancient will be on hold for a while for android 12, as we require some libraries for BT to work that the sources have not included yet.

I have however posted my cherish A12 builds so long. please be patient for next release of Ancient, its going to take time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ancient.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

AncientOS is Custom ROM based on AOSP that aims to provide a unique UI with some useful feautures for customization.

features.png

Here are the features which AncientOS provides.

Code:
    [LIST]
    [U][B]Ancient Stuff:[/B][/U]
    [•]Refined UI with several OneUI touches and an old vibe with intricate patterns in the Settings App.
    [•]Lots of status Bar mods.
    [•]Lots of new Status bar icons.
    [•]Lots of Headers Styles.
    [•]Lots of new Headers Clocks and Date Styles.

[U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U]
    [•]Statusbar icons.
    [•]Traffic indicators.
    [•]4G Icon Instead of LTE.
    [•]VoLTE icon toggle.
    [•]Clock Customization.
    [•]Battery Customization.
    [•]Battery Bar.
    [•]Old mobile type indication.
    [•]Statusbar padding preferences.
    [•]Battery percentage while changing.

[U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U]
    [•]Navbar invert layout.
    [•]Enable/Disable Navbar.

[U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U]
    [•]QS brightness slider position.
    [•]Battery percentage selection.
    [•]Auto brightness icon toggle.
    [•]Brightness control buttons.
    [•]Quick pulldown option.
    [•]Kill app button.
    [•]Vibrate on touch.
    [•]Blur behind QS.
    [•]QS panel Opacity.
    [•]Tint QS toggles.
    [•]Battery Customization.
    [•]QS Header.

[U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U]
    [•]Lots of new Clocks
    [•]Lots of Fonts for Lock, Date and Owner Info.
    [•]Lots of new Date styles.
    [•]Charging info.
    [•]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration.
    [•]Unlock keystore with fingerprint after reboot.
    [•]Lockscreen Weather.
    [•]Lockscreen visualizer.
    [•]Lockscreen media art and Blur customization.
    [•]Disable Quick Settings panel on secure lockscreen.
    [•]Lockscreen charging animation.

[U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U]
    [•]H/W keys customization.
    [•]H/W buttons backlight customizations.
    [•]Power Light control.

[U][B]NOTIFICATIONS:[/B][/U]
    [•]Headsup Customizations.
    [•]Incall Vibrations.
    [•]Less boring Headsup.
    [•]Headsup snooze & timeout option.

[U][B]MISC:[/B][/U]
    [•]Three Finger Screenshot.
    [•]Wake on plug.

[U][B]Others:[/B][/U]
    [•]Doubletap or longpress power to toggle flashlight.
    [•]Vibrate in in-call settings.
    [•]RGB Accent picker.

[/LIST]

changelogs.png

Updated to ancient V5.6 sources
    Changed to selinux enforcing

downloads.png

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ancientrom/files/NB1

Recovery: https://github.com/GPUCode/android_device_nokia_NB1-TWRP/releases/tag/v3.5.2

installation.png

Ensure that T-Virus is flashed and that you already have a working TWRP recovery working before proceeding with this build, do NOT attempt to flash this with TWRP while you are on stock ROM as it may hard brick your device, you have been warned!
    if you need assistance in flashing T-virus do not hesitate to join our telegram group.

Clean Flash:
    1. Take a full backup of both your data and internal storage as they will need to be wiped
    2. Download the ROM from above link
    3. Download TWRP recovery installer from above link
    4. flash the twrp recovery installer in TWRP and reboot to recovery, please do not use older TWRP versions.
    5. Flash the ROM zip in the TWRP provided and then flash recovery-installer.zip again.
    6. Reboot to recovery from the reboot menu in recovery
    7. Format Userdata from TWRP using the format data option
    8. Install Google apps [optional], and any other mods you wish to have
    9. reboot to system and enjoy!

Installing an OTA (Dirty flash):
    1. Download the updated ROM zip and take a full backup of internal storage, just in case.
    2. in TWRP flash the updated ROM zip and recovery-installer.zip then reboot to recovery
    3. Flash Gapps again if you had previously installed it
    4. Wipe dalvik cache
    5. Reboot to system and enjoy!

[known bugs list]
    - Offline charging animation does not work
    - Loudspeaker is loud and may create some echo in calls
    - Bluetooth APTX/LDAC is broken, but SBC works fine
    - sometimes decryption fails in TWRP for OTA and it requires data format (hopefully solved soon)

For support and bug reporting, please join our telegram group:
    credit.png

Me for building the rom and being a maintainer
    @emufan4568 for the NB1 vendor tree, official maintainer for AncientOS, atomix kernel and TWRP.
    @oaid for contribution to vendor tree and atomix kernel and countless hours of bug fixing
    @AncientOS team for the ROM
    @keneankit01 for the ancient sources and making it possible to build for the NB1
    @THMSP for T-virus
    all users in our telegram groups that helped us contribute and find bugs as well as sent us logs.

if i missed anyone in credits please let me know and ill add you to this list.

AOSP
    LineageOS
    SuperiorOS
    DotOS
    PixelExperience
    AospExtended
    Syberia OS
    Nitrogen OS
    Pixys OS
    ArrowOS
    MSM-Xtended
    HavocOS
    BootleggersROM
    ABC
    Rebellion
    Komodo
    Durex aka Corvus
    DerpFest
    Evolution-X
    OMNIROM
    AOSIP
    Liquid Remix
    Resurrection Remix
    Dirty Unicorns
    Bliss
    ExtendedUI
    AICP
    MoKee
    RevengeOS
    Yodita
    POSP
    ION
    crDroid
    GZOSP
    Colt-Enigma

sources.png

AncientOS Source
    Ancient-Device Sources

Telegram Group
    Telegram Channel

That's some good news. Thanks
    What about updates @emufan4568 report we s to be working on?
    I'm working on making Android 12 stable enough for daily use. Right now it's 90% perfect, as bluetooth and some minor encryption hurdles remain to be fixed (the encryption is mostly fixed though). My priority if fixing the encryption bug though and making OTA's work properly (which should be possible after a new firmware update).
    ancient 5.7 Society is up! weaboo to follow soon, happy flashing!

Dear All,

I’m posting here to thank @marceldossantos91 for his big effort to solve my issue. This man is overqualified genius expert. He knows exactly and precisely what he is doing. Big thanks to him and all the experts in this forum that help millions of people.

1636492007265.gif