/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
AncientOS is Custom ROM based on AOSP that aims to provide a unique UI with some useful feautures for customization.
Here are the features which AncientOS provides.
[LIST] [U][B]Ancient Stuff:[/B][/U] [•]Refined UI with several OneUI touches and an old vibe with intricate patterns in the Settings App. [•]Lots of status Bar mods. [•]Lots of new Status bar icons. [•]Lots of Headers Styles. [•]Lots of new Headers Clocks and Date Styles. [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U] [•]Statusbar icons. [•]Traffic indicators. [•]4G Icon Instead of LTE. [•]VoLTE icon toggle. [•]Clock Customization. [•]Battery Customization. [•]Battery Bar. [•]Old mobile type indication. [•]Statusbar padding preferences. [•]Battery percentage while changing. [U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U] [•]Navbar invert layout. [•]Enable/Disable Navbar. [U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U] [•]QS brightness slider position. [•]Battery percentage selection. [•]Auto brightness icon toggle. [•]Brightness control buttons. [•]Quick pulldown option. [•]Kill app button. [•]Vibrate on touch. [•]Blur behind QS. [•]QS panel Opacity. [•]Tint QS toggles. [•]Battery Customization. [•]QS Header. [U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U] [•]Lots of new Clocks [•]Lots of Fonts for Lock, Date and Owner Info. [•]Lots of new Date styles. [•]Charging info. [•]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration. [•]Unlock keystore with fingerprint after reboot. [•]Lockscreen Weather. [•]Lockscreen visualizer. [•]Lockscreen media art and Blur customization. [•]Disable Quick Settings panel on secure lockscreen. [•]Lockscreen charging animation. [U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U] [•]H/W keys customization. [•]H/W buttons backlight customizations. [•]Power Light control. [U][B]NOTIFICATIONS:[/B][/U] [•]Headsup Customizations. [•]Incall Vibrations. [•]Less boring Headsup. [•]Headsup snooze & timeout option. [U][B]MISC:[/B][/U] [•]Three Finger Screenshot. [•]Wake on plug. [U][B]Others:[/B][/U] [•]Doubletap or longpress power to toggle flashlight. [•]Vibrate in in-call settings. [•]RGB Accent picker. [/LIST]
Updated to ancient V5.6 sources
Changed to selinux enforcing
Ensure that T-Virus is flashed and that you already have a working TWRP recovery working before proceeding with this build, do NOT attempt to flash this with TWRP while you are on stock ROM as it may hard brick your device, you have been warned!
if you need assistance in flashing T-virus do not hesitate to join our telegram group.
1. Take a full backup of both your data and internal storage as they will need to be wiped
2. Download the ROM from above link
3. Download TWRP recovery installer from above link
4. flash the twrp recovery installer in TWRP and reboot to recovery, please do not use older TWRP versions.
5. Flash the ROM zip in the TWRP provided and then flash recovery-installer.zip again.
6. Reboot to recovery from the reboot menu in recovery
7. Format Userdata from TWRP using the format data option
8. Install Google apps [optional], and any other mods you wish to have
9. reboot to system and enjoy!
Installing an OTA (Dirty flash):
1. Download the updated ROM zip and take a full backup of internal storage, just in case.
2. in TWRP flash the updated ROM zip and recovery-installer.zip then reboot to recovery
3. Flash Gapps again if you had previously installed it
4. Wipe dalvik cache
5. Reboot to system and enjoy!
[known bugs list]
- Offline charging animation does not work
- Loudspeaker is loud and may create some echo in calls
- Bluetooth APTX/LDAC is broken, but SBC works fine
- night light sometimes does not work
- sometimes decryption fails in TWRP for OTA and it requires data format (hopefully solved soon)
For support and bug reporting, please join our telegram group:
A community built group for Nokia 8/Sirocco. Only discussions about this device is allowed 😤 Tho, Little off topic is fine
Me for building the rom and being a maintainer
@emufan4568 for the NB1 vendor tree, official maintainer for AncientOS, atomix kernel and TWRP.
@oaid for contribution to vendor tree and atomix kernel and countless hours of bug fixing
@AncientOS team for the ROM
@keneankit01 for the ancient sources and making it possible to build for the NB1
@THMSP for T-virus
all users in our telegram groups that helped us contribute and find bugs as well as sent us logs.
if i missed anyone in credits please let me know and ill add you to this list.
Durex aka Corvus