/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
CherishOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on a Unique UI with many customizations.
Offline charging animation does not work
Loudspeaker is loud and creates echo in calls
sometimes decryption fails in TWRP for OTA and it requires data format (hopefully solved soon)
Selinux status: Enforcing
Google Drive is a free way to keep your files backed up and easy to reach from any phone, tablet, or computer. Start with 15GB of Google storage – free.
TWRP 10.0 device tree for Nokia 8 Treble devices. Contribute to GPUCode/android_device_nokia_NB1-TWRP development by creating an account on GitHub.
1. Take a full backup of both your data and internal storage as they will need to be wiped
2. Download the ROM from above link
3. Download TWRP recovery installer from above link
4. flash the twrp recovery installer in TWRP and reboot to recovery, please do not use older TWRP versions.
5. Flash the ROM zip in the TWRP provided and then flash recovery-installer.zip again.
6. Reboot to recovery from the reboot menu in recovery
7. Format Userdata from TWRP using the format data option
8. Install Google apps [optional], and any other mods you wish to have
9. reboot to system and enjoy!
Installing an OTA (Dirty flash):
1. Download the updated ROM zip and take a full backup of internal storage, just in case.
2. in TWRP flash the updated ROM zip and recovery-installer.zip then reboot to recovery
3. Flash Gapps again if you had previously installed it
4. Wipe dalvik cache
5. Reboot to system and enjoy!
Me for building the rom
@emufan4568 for the NB1 device and vendor tree, atomix kernel and TWRP.
@oaid for contribution to vendor tree and atomix kernel and countless hours of bug fixing
@CherishOS team for the ROM
@THMSP for T-virus
all users in our telegram groups that helped us contribute and find bugs as well as sent us logs.
if i missed anyone in credits please let me know and ill add you to this list.
Device tree: https://github.com/GPUCode