• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][TREBLE][UNOFFICIAL] crDroid v7.8 for the Nokia 8

Search This thread

emufan4568

Jun 19, 2020
I didn't understand your question. crDroid still comes with atomix as the default kernel (we tried umod but it has problems when built inline with a ROM). Atomix has a cleaner base and A11 CAF tag which makes it compatible with the A11 build system. With this release I tried to port as many umod features as I could to atomix. Right now I would say 60-70% of umod functionality is ported.

Last edited:
Reactions: rashazad

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
Redmi Note 8
I didn't understand your question. crDroid still comes with atomix as the default kernel (we tried umod but it has problems when built inline with a ROM). Atomix has a cleaner base and A11 CAF tag which makes it compatible with the A11 build system. With this release I tried to port as many umod features as I could to atomix. Right now I would say 60-70% of umod functionality is ported.
Nice... Is frequency always on high fixed in Atomix?

yukixoma

Jul 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nokia 8
New release is up! Download from here: https://github.com/GPUCode/OTA/releases/tag/v7.8

NOTE: Please avoid flashing Nikgapps as it has been reported to cause crashes in the power menu. Prefer OpenGapps or Flamegapps until the bug in Nikgapps is fixed

New features:
  • July 2021 security patch
  • Switch to latest A1N blobs and bump vendor SP to May 2021
  • Improved UI performance
  • Introduce IORap prefetcher for faster app launching times
  • Drop deprecated soundtrigger HAL for HotwordEnrollment
  • Fix IMS on SIM 2
  • Fix NFC functionality
  • Switch to A11 AIDL power HAL
  • AdaptLaunch feature (up to 20% GPU performance uplift)
  • Upgraded atomix kernel with many features
  • Drop non working prebuilts
  • Include optimized thermal configuration
Don't use OpenGapps, it caused my phone stuck at boot-up screen (crDroid logo screen).

Reactions: baokhuongvo

Killer200120

Jul 21, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Nokia 8
Hello, everything was successful and everything works. Even managed to make google pay work. unfortunately, I cannot send any messages. But I can receive. I tried to search for the SMSC solution but that didn't work. I think it doesn't want to show my phone number. Any ideas? The solution was a new SIM card. Still don't understand why tho because in other phones the card worked just fine.

Last edited:

Killer200120

Jul 21, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Nokia 8
Hello, everything was successful and everything works. Even managed to make google pay work. unfortunately I cannot send any messages. But I can receive. I tried to search for the SMSC solution but that didn't work. I think it doesn't want to show my phone number. Any ideas?
Probably fixed it. It was the prefered network type(frequencies). It was so easy yet I didn't think of it... -_-
Note I'm in EU.
The problem was the SIM card for some reason.

Last edited:

yukixoma

Jul 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nokia 8
Testers reported 1% power consumption per hour so the behavior you are experiencing is definitely strange. Please provide a boot and run log if you want the issue investigated. (Let the run log run of at least 5 minutes)
This is my phone's log file. I used default boot and FlameGapps (basic package). My phone is TA-1004. I noticed that my phone battery drop down very fast in very first 30%, but when it reach 70%, battery losing speed seem to be slow down. Please help.

Attachments

• 2021-07-31-10-55-47[1].txt
    593.5 KB · Views: 7

[email protected]

Aug 14, 2014
Nokia 8
Hi, i flashed rom yesterday. Everything seems to work fine till now except one issue. Whenever I connect to bluetooth headset, I can't hear anything on phone calls. Whatsapp calls work fine but they don't work on phone calls. Any help??..

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
Redmi Note 8
I was quite satisfied with rom. nice job. It was really smooth and everything I tested in settings were bug free, But:
I experienced sensible heating during initial setups after flashing. Also noticed error "8 ... is less than expected" being shown many times in the log. Additionally, having control over buttons backlight (like early versions of lineage) could be helpful. I was unable to find "vanced manager" as it's mentioned to be included. I flashed google keyboard (without any kind of gapps), which expectedly didn't work. Then I flashed nikgapps core. But the phone kept rebooting to recovery.
Thanks, and stay safe.

Dibra

Feb 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Hi, i flashed rom yesterday. Everything seems to work fine till now except one issue. Whenever I connect to bluetooth headset, I can't hear anything on phone calls. Whatsapp calls work fine but they don't work on phone calls. Any help??..
First of all, thanks emufan for this new version. Unfortunately i can confirm that the bug in the dialer is still there (also in 7.6). It is impossible to use the phone in my car in a handsfree setting. In mycase Signal calling works also fine.

TlalocC

Aug 25, 2018
hello, in the last update (7.8) the videos are distorted and the colors reversed, this happens in a few videos (I imagine it may be some video codec), this was presented on FB and ali
Screenshot_20210801-001138731.jpg
Screenshot_20210801-001129745.jpg

Killer200120

Jul 21, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Nokia 8
Hello, after few days of using this ROM I'd like to report these:

1. - Downloaded the original Nokia camera, PIP (picture in picture) mode doesn't work (that may be because of the version(91.10.0010.60) of the camera app. If You have any tips on which version should I download I'd be glad. Solution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/nokia-camera-mod.3913928/
  2. - I've noticed that in this ROM using a Phone case with a magnetic screen lock doesn't work. The phone won't show lock-screen nor lock the phone when I close the case. Note that it has nothing to do with the proximity sensor.
  3. - Network Frequency problem I was troubleshooting a few days ago here isn't quite fixed. I need to do more testing, but I think there is some issue with the actual settings. This ROM probably instead of letting the phone pick the right frequency for certain services just forces the wrong ones. *I'll try to get a new SIM card to see if it solves the issue. However, it started only with this ROM. The SIM card works in other phones and when I use a different SIM in mine it works too. Not sure what might be the problem. Got a new SIM card and that solved it. However, still don't understand how when it worked in other phones just fine.
  4. - How yukixoma already mentioned here, I think the battery drain may be truly faster. (I'd love to post Boot and Run logs, but I do not know where to get them, looked in TWRP, phone settings, couldn't find them. Sorry, this is my first time...) *Repaired my display and the battery drain seems fixed. Sorry for the false information.

Last edited:
Reactions: yukixoma

Killer200120

Jul 21, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
Nokia 8
I think the battery drain may be truly faster
Alright, I did a small timetable yesterday. Sorry that it's not at the same intervals. However, you can notice approx. 20% decrease in 2 hours. The whole time phone was just locked and connected to wifi, with occasionally looking at the % ofc.
23:50 - 100%
00:28 - 92%
00:40 - 90%
01:10 - 86%
01:50 - 81%
04:02 - 65%
16:00 - DEAD

*As it seems battery drain was apparently just a problem of my broken screen. I thought so but still had to confirm it.

Last edited:
Reactions: yukixoma

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any news about updates?
    The device tree is currently being rewritten. I started the rewrite last month and it currently is 90% complete. This will make the ROM faster and more bug-free. The new tree includes, for example, support for Bluetooth calls and aptX audio over Bluetooth, FM radio and the choppy video bug is fixed too. Also, I finally fixed my device so development can continue at a normal pace (1 or 2 builds every month, instead of the current 1 build every 2 months, developing without a working device was a lot harder).

I'm also rewriting T-Virus as a script to remove the dependency on NOST, make it cross-platform and safer/quicker to install.
    @emufan4568 I am sure you will make it... Thanks to your effort, this phone has taken a breath. Your build is good, okay but in some aspects, it needs some effort over it. For example, mic quality doesn't seem okay, it is not clear on callings. I hope you will make it done.
    Audio is a big part of the rewrite. I have a dedicated tester now just to test audio cases. A lot of audio bugs in the previous tree have been fixed. Audio though will never be 100% perfect because Nokia screwed over the audio HAL. But it's getting pretty close.
    Is there any fixed for battery drain issue?
    The new rewrite has many power-saving features implemented (properly this time). Atomix (the built-in kernel) has also been fixed to not get stuck on higher frequencies. Generally, the battery life is a lot better than before (some alphas reported 0.7%/h idle drain which is pretty good). But it needs more testing though to confirm.
    My Nokia 8 is on stock OS but I'm thinking on trying crDroid on the next release.
    Since I bought the phone, I haven't been able to calibrate the compass. So, I would like to know if it was fixed.

Many thanks!
    I had no issues with compass with my Nokia 8. Neither stock nor with the actual cdroid.
    So i dont know if it will fix your problem. But maybe its worth to try the new release.
    So far, everything works fine except:
    - Battery drain is too high for normal use (sleep mode has a really sufficient drainage). Consequently, phone gets very very hot.
    - Double tap for wake up cannot be disabled.
    - Bluetooth device (car) does not connect.
    - There is no option for controlling buttons backlight.

I couldn't manage to have both root and recovery. Rooting needs kernel (extracted from payload.bin). Installing recovery on rooted kernel, revokes root. Then it's not possible to root again because there is no magisk-enabled kernel file (enabling magisk from recovery, puts the phone in reboot).

To be mentioned, I replaced all stock apps with google versions (except few).
    I can agree on the double-tap, actually completely forgot about that.
    Miss that backlight option too. Another option I'm missing is that I cannot actually disable the hardware buttons, if I'm correct it was possible in stock.

I think I have a Root and Recovery just fine. Altho I installed Magisk with just APK of it in Recovery because the other way seems just too complex and dumb for it. (Ye ye I know there might be some issues with it but I didn't have any.)
    Used FlameGapps Full.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Working features:
    • It boots
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Navigation keys
    • Fingerprint
    • Camera
    • Headphones
    • Ringtones
    • Bluetooth audio
    • Selinux enforcing
    • NFC
    • 4K video
    • Hotspot
    Known issues:
    • You tell me

Flashing Instructions

Pre-installation

First time installation
    • Backup your device data to a PC or OTG flash drive.
    • Flash T-Virus with NOST and reboot to recovery.
    • Download and copy crDroid and TWRP zip to the Internal Storage and flash them in that order.
    • Format userdata and reboot to recovery to swich to the updated slot.
    • Flash NikGapps and wipe the Dalvik Cache (or else the system will not boot).
    • Reboot to system and enjoy.

Installing from previous release
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive.
    • Reboot to recovery, copy crDroid and TWRP zip to the Internal Storage and flash them in that order.
    • Reboot to recovery to swich to the updated slot and flash Gapps.
    • Reboot to system

Troubleshooting
    When flashing the ROM in TWRP, it fails at Step 2

To fix this, flash any TWRP >= v2.4 which contains a fix for slot switching

After flashing TWRP v2.x the folders have weird names and I cannot copy stuff to the internal storage
    You forgot the format userdata before rebooting.
    The GSI in T-Virus is A10 and uses software encryption. My TWRP builds use hardware based decryption blobs which
    are incompatible with software encrypted userdata. My ROM uses hardware encryption so that is not a problem.
    But when you do not format data and install TWRP v2.x then it cannot decrypt the userdata created by A10 GSI.
    So always format data before installing TWRP v2.x releases

Sources
    ROM: https://github.com/GPUCode/OTA/releases/
    Device tree: https://github.com/GPUCode/android_device_nokia_nb1
    Common tree: https://github.com/GPUCode/android_device_nokia_msm8998-common
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/GPUCode/proprietery_vendor_nokia
    Kernel: https://github.com/GPUCode/android_kernel_nokia_msm8998

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram

Contributors
    THMSP, OneWayGamer, oaid
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-26
    Last Updated 2021-05-31
    It's Project Sakura :) If I manage to build it properly, then I will most probably update crDroid too with the updated device tree.
    New release is up! Download from here: Release crDroid v7.2.1 · GPUCode/OTA (github.com)
    * Initial crDroid 7.2 Unofficial Build
    * Merged January 2021 security update
    * Performance and stability improvements
    * Improved battery drain
    * Fixed internal audio recording
    New crDroid build! Download from here: https://github.com/GPUCode/OTA/releases/tag/v7.6
    New features include:
    • Upstream changes from crDroid
    • May 2021 security patch
    • Prebuilt camera stack with OIS and mono sensor support
    • Prebuilt audio stack for better audio clarity
    • Freeform windows support
    • ThinLTO link time optimization enabled
    • Fixed WiFi speed with new kernel
    • New OpenGL/Vulkan blobs from Pixel 2
    • Working NFC
    • New perf blobs from Pixel 2 + Google pixel perf HAL
    • Vulkan UI rendering
    • Fixed sensor crashing on random reboots
    • Faster GPS TTFF
    • New AIDL vibration HAL customizable from userspace
    • New custom A11 CAF tag based kernel compiled with clang 12.0
    • Vendor ready for GSIs, you can use any GSI you want including Android 12!
    • Fixed MTP issues
    • Added support for F2FS userdata
    • Included GcamGO, GalleryGO and Vanced Manager
    • Performance optimizations
    • More power saving features
    • Unspecialized app process pool for faster app launching
    • EAS (Energy Aware Scheduling) support in ROM and kernel
    • Added back AOD (Always On Display)
    Something exciting is coming 🔥
    Hint: It's a new Rom.
    Don't worry, crDroid will be updated to 7.4 soon