• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11][UNOFFICAL][tucana] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
Helo Everyone!

I am very excited to try this ROM since I love the phone but I am not a fan of MIUI, I hope you can help me, I have successfully flashed ROMS in the past in other phones but never on this one... it is clean on miui 12, so I don't really know where to start, I guess that, what I'm trying to say is that while I am somehow familiar with the process I'm still lost. So please it would mean the world to me if you could help me install this.

first.
I've noticed that the post states that this is for "Tucana" but I'm not sure if my phone has that version all I know is that the Xiaomi mi note 10 global version. Where can I check this?

I obviously got this phone because of its cameras, so I wanted to know if there is a Gcam version that is stable and works with all lenses? if so could you tell me the version?

And finally the most important question, what should I do to start the process? where do I start? how do I install the latest version? is there a version with gapps included? is there like a "how to install this ROM for dummies?"

Thank you guys!

By the way, this note is for the developer! once I really do appreciate your work, and I don't like getting quality stuff for free so once I try the ROM I'll be glad to make a donation! having stock lineage with this cameras would be like a dream come true

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
Helo Everyone!

I am very excited to try this ROM since I love the phone but I am not a fan of MIUI, I hope you can help me, I have successfully flashed ROMS in the past in other phones but never on this one... it is clean on miui 12, so I don't really know where to start, I guess that, what I'm trying to say is that while I am somehow familiar with the process I'm still lost. So please it would mean the world to me if you could help me install this.

first.
I've noticed that the post states that this is for "Tucana" but I'm not sure if my phone has that version all I know is that the Xiaomi mi note 10 global version. Where can I check this?

I obviously got this phone because of its cameras, so I wanted to know if there is a Gcam version that is stable and works with all lenses? if so could you tell me the version?

And finally the most important question, what should I do to start the process? where do I start? how do I install the latest version? is there a version with gapps included? is there like a "how to install this ROM for dummies?"

Thank you guys!

By the way, this note is for the developer! once I really do appreciate your work, and I don't like getting quality stuff for free so once I try the ROM I'll be glad to make a donation! having stock lineage with this cameras would be like a dream come true

Hi, I would wait for the next update because I will provide a version with included gapps. Fw is also included with that update.
So you just have to flash twrp, wipe the partitions,...

Every Mi Note 10 has the codename tucana. Please be sure that your phone is not the redmi note 10.

And yes there a lot of GCams out there which support all lenses

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
Hi, I would wait for the next update because I will provide a version with included gapps. Fw is also included with that update.
So you just have to flash twrp, wipe the partitions,...

Every Mi Note 10 has the codename tucana. Please be sure that your phone is not the redmi note 10.

And yes there a lot of GCams out there which support all lenses

Thanks! I'll wait for the next update then!.

Yes it's the regular mi note 10 5 cameras in the back, 5x ( which is really 3.7) optical zoom.

If I remember correctly I needed to do something before flashing the ROM basically instal TWRP and unlocking the bootloader or something similar. Is there a guide for this?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
Thanks! I'll wait for the next update then!.

Yes it's the regular mi note 10 5 cameras in the back, 5x ( which is really 3.7) optical zoom.

If I remember correctly I needed to do something before flashing the ROM basically instal TWRP and unlocking the bootloader or something similar. Is there a guide for this?
There a plenty guides online like here:

But you have to use my twrp the other one or orange fox do not work for the moment

Reactions: HalArcane

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
There a plenty guides online like here:

But you have to use my twrp the other one or orange fox do not work for the moment

Thanks a lot! damn... this actually looks pretty troublesome I don't remember doing all of this "log into miui accound and wait 168 hours and add you device, install the global etc etc" stuff with the other phones I used ROMs in... I kinda thought that I would have to tick an option on developer settings and then just put in fast boot and flash twrp via adb...

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
Thanks a lot! damn... this actually looks pretty troublesome I don't remember doing all of this "log into miui accound and wait 168 hours and add you device, install the global etc etc" stuff with the other phones I used ROMs in... I kinda thought that I would have to tick an option on developer settings and then just put in fast boot and flash twrp via adb...
Not for Xiaomi

Archantiumm

Jun 20, 2021
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
@alibei Thank you really much for all the work you already did for this and other devices. After more than a year I finally managed to find the time to install lineageOS on my Mi note 10 pro.

I had some problems with google logging in correctly, so I get my contacts synced and everything. I somehow managed to sign in using the contacts app and then it was working (I did not sign in using the setup assistant). To make it working I had to delete the google account, add it again over the contacts app (it did just redirect me to the login screen again after that), after rebooting the phone the sync was working.

Maybe this gives a hint on something, It should be also in the logcat, it got solved today, maybe it helps.

The second thing are location services (this is still unsolved), it just does not work, It has permissions, but the logcat says it does not. Maybe you can shed some light on this issue (since I am also apparently the only one experiencing this).

Thanks for everything, next month I will donate something to you.

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
@alibei Thank you really much for all the work you already did for this and other devices. After more than a year I finally managed to find the time to install lineageOS on my Mi note 10 pro.

I had some problems with google logging in correctly, so I get my contacts synced and everything. I somehow managed to sign in using the contacts app and then it was working (I did not sign in using the setup assistant). To make it working I had to delete the google account, add it again over the contacts app (it did just redirect me to the login screen again after that), after rebooting the phone the sync was working.

Maybe this gives a hint on something, It should be also in the logcat, it got solved today, maybe it helps.

The second thing are location services (this is still unsolved), it just does not work, It has permissions, but the logcat says it does not. Maybe you can shed some light on this issue (since I am also apparently the only one experiencing this).

Thanks for everything, next month I will donate something to you.
Hi, this is a gapps issue. But the next lineage update comes with prebuilt gapps and these issues do not exist their anymore- But I have problems with the next update so it is delayed...

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
New update is out. If you want to switch to gapps a clean flash is recommended. FW is included.
Now there are two versions: Gapps and Vanilla. Vanilla is pure los. Gapps comes with Via, GCamGo and prebuilt Gapps. For changes see the changelog

Reactions: Archantiumm

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
New update is out. If you want to switch to gapps a clean flash is recommended. FW is included.
Now there are two versions: Gapps and Vanilla. Vanilla is pure los. Gapps comes with Via, GCamGo and prebuilt Gapps. For changes see the changelog
THank you for your hard work!
I really want to flash! I hope you can point me in the rightdirection

First of all which one do you recommend better, Cupher OS or this bould of Lineage OS?

Basically I need to be logged in 2 google accounts at once, and I need bank apps and biometrics to work on third parties, do these ROM support these?

Also I just unlocked my phone, how do I flash your TWRP and install the ROM?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
THank you for your hard work!
I really want to flash! I hope you can point me in the rightdirection

First of all which one do you recommend better, Cupher OS or this bould of Lineage OS?

Basically I need to be logged in 2 google accounts at once, and I need bank apps and biometrics to work on third parties, do these ROM support these?

Also I just unlocked my phone, how do I flash your TWRP and install the ROM?
I cannot decide for you what ROM is better. If you prefer less features with better battery life go with Lineage else if you want more features like face unlock but with less battery life you should go with Cipher.

Both ROMs support multiple google accounts. Banking apps are a hit or miss (on any custom ROM). Third party fod is working on both ROMs too.

For installing the recovery look here. It is the same way for installing mine.

borlom

Mar 22, 2017
I have upgraded to version 06-21-2021 without any problems.
The TTS have been fixed (congratulations!) and the system looks more clean but I have detected two bugs.
1) The icons or the colors have too much contrast or saturation, I can't say.
2) Screen sharing does not work, the WFD service causes the wifi and data connection to break. Then you have to reboot the phone to be able to have internet again.

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
I have upgraded to version 06-21-2021 without any problems.
The TTS have been fixed (congratulations!) and the system looks more clean but I have detected two bugs.
1) The icons or the colors have too much contrast or saturation, I can't say.
2) Screen sharing does not work, the WFD service causes the wifi and data connection to break. Then you have to reboot the phone to be able to have internet again.
What? The testers had no problem with wfd. Can you send me a log

You can change the saturation in settings - > live display

Last edited:

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
just installed the version woth gapps and go cam, I am very pleased so far.
got a couple of questions tho. Finger print seems a little unreliable I was wondering if there's a workaround?

And also, I was looking for the option "Smart Lock" but I can't find it anywhere, basically I have a wear os watch and I wanted to keep the phone unlocked as long as it detects that my phone and my watch are connected. One of the things I hated about miui 12 was that xiaomi only allowed xiaomi watches to have this option but it should work with any watch. Any idea how to enable it?

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
just installed the version woth gapps and go cam, I am very pleased so far.
got a couple of questions tho. Finger print seems a little unreliable I was wondering if there's a workaround?

And also, I was looking for the option "Smart Lock" but I can't find it anywhere, basically I have a wear os watch and I wanted to keep the phone unlocked as long as it detects that my phone and my watch are connected. One of the things I hated about miui 12 was that xiaomi only allowed xiaomi watches to have this option but it should work with any watch. Any idea how to enable it?

Hi, please make sure the pressure is consistent while using the fod.

You can find smart lock under settings -> security -> smart lock

HalArcane

Apr 23, 2019
Tokyo
The finger thing is still a bit annoying but the smart lock completely fixes it for me! thank you for your hard work I'll make sure to make a donation when my next pay check comes! just out of how pleased I am with this ROM.

Got one last question, is there any recommended version for any gcam that supports all lenses ? on stock rom I was using an old gcam 7.xx it was a bit finnicky and for the main lens I was using gcam I was using version PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk

Since it was based on 8.1 it got some new fetures like auto night mode enabled the only problem was that it only supported the main and selfy lenses. and it was super stable. Is there a gcam that is on version 8.xx that supports all lenses?

Reactions: alibei

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
The finger thing is still a bit annoying but the smart lock completely fixes it for me! thank you for your hard work I'll make sure to make a donation when my next pay check comes! just out of how pleased I am with this ROM.

Got one last question, is there any recommended version for any gcam that supports all lenses ? on stock rom I was using an old gcam 7.xx it was a bit finnicky and for the main lens I was using gcam I was using version PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2.apk

Since it was based on 8.1 it got some new fetures like auto night mode enabled the only problem was that it only supported the main and selfy lenses. and it was super stable. Is there a gcam that is on version 8.xx that supports all lenses?
I think bsg supports all lenses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    I have to pause the development for a while because of a health issue
    Take the tome you need! Thank you for your hard work! Focus con your health
    Thats because of GCam requires Gapps to be installed.
    @borlom I'm running this ROM without Gapps installed and GCam works just fine.
    It does not require Gapps, just some libraries, that You can find for example in microG or https://github.com/lukaspieper/Gcam-Services-Provider

My setup:
    - microG (installed via f-droid repo)
    - GCam mgc_8.1.101_a9_gv1f_eng
    Do you have a link for the camera?

I would like to try it out to see if it works with me. What do I need just flash it in twrp? Is magisk mandatory? I would like to avoid rooting the device if possible
    It seems like magisk is not mandatory, but for me it was (dunno why, the app was just not showing up).

I will write you a litte guide to make it successfully (on the mi note 10 pro its tested and works):

1. install the magisk apk and install magisk (just install it, do not use the way it tells you, it wants you to flash the recovery image (modified with magisk) but its an issue in magisk manager 23 app, it shows Ramdisk No, but its not true), just select the old way, so install it without providing a recovery image file.

2. Install the file ANXCameraUnity_185.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip using magisk

3. install the file 48MPFixR_201.DullAggressiveHylaeosaurus.zip using magisk

4. after rebooting the phone, start the app and allow the first popup message (if you don't do it that way, you will have a pain to solve the app crashing (clearing cash and storage does nothing)

5. use the app. it just should work.

I tested the pro mode quite heavily and it just did the job, I only use that mode because I was using dslr cameras before and I know how to make good pictures by setting everything manually.

There also was a quick test for the normal modes, I did not experience file size issues etc, all the pictures where created correctly.

Edit: corrected some typos, added magisk version number
    I would just install anxcamera , there are all lenses supported and its stable (when you use the ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip and 48MPFixR_201.DullAggressiveHylaeosaurus.zip), but you need to use magisk (magisk manager shows ramdisk no, normally you would need to patch the image and use the recovery combination (and release when the display shows something) , but its a bug in magisk manager to display "Ramdisk No", it has a ram disk, otherwise why would work it on my phone the "old" way.

The other camera app I have installed is the google camera (BSG version fails to install, the other one does work, but as the other posters mentioned, it does not have full support for all lenses and also does not have a working autofocus (sometimes it works, if it does not force quit the app and try again).

So far the anxcameraUtility never crashed (but you MUST allow the first popup where it asks for location stuff (it does not save it when you turn it off in the camera settings) and all the things (video, lenses, photo, pro mode) worked.
    I would just install anxcamera , there are all lenses supported and its stable (when you use the ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip and 48MPFixR_201.DullAggressiveHylaeosaurus.zip), but you need to use magisk (magisk manager shows ramdisk no, normally you would need to patch the image and use the recovery combination (and release when the display shows something) , but its a bug in magisk manager to display "Ramdisk No", it has a ram disk, otherwise why would work it on my phone the "old" way.

The other camera app I have installed is the google camera (BSG version fails to install, the other one does work, but as the other posters mentioned, it does not have full support for all lenses and also does not have a working autofocus (sometimes it works, if it does not force quit the app and try again).

So far the anxcameraUtility never crashed (but you MUST allow the first popup where it asks for location stuff (it does not save it when you turn it off in the camera settings) and all the things (video, lenses, photo, pro mode) worked.
    I installed anx camera with TWRP and it works perfectly. When I installed it with magisk it didn't let me save the images.
    I have only had one failure and it is with the panorama mode, which causes the application to fail because it says it does not find the camera.
    yUIn6TF.png

Code:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Working:

• AOD
    • Audio
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Flash
    • FOD
    • GPS
    • Hotspot
    • Quick charge (almost 30W)
    • RIL
    • SafteyNet gets bypassed without using magisk
    • Selinux is strict (not permissive)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Widevine L1 (for example 1080p Netflix)
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Display

Bugs so far:

• AOD has a unlock issue (blackscreen) if AntiFlicker is enabled
    • If you find one take a logcat when the error occurs. If you don't know how to take a logcat, take a look here. Then write me a PM. Also please tell me if you have gapps/magisk installed, which version and how to reproduce the bug.

Changelog:
    • You can find the changelog here
    The next update is based on prebuilt android 11 kernel and vendor😊. I will release it in the next few days.
    Just as a status update for you. The stability issue is now fixed. The FOD is now flicker free. Only colors getting slightly distorted when you press the FOD. This is because the device uses now dc dimming to dim down around the fingerprint reader. Also, FOD does not work with AOD (fingerprint reader brightness does not go up), have to look into this more. Widevine L1 is not working, only L3 (working on this). Also, I'm working on getting SafteyNet bypassed without using Magisk.
    My device is now unbricked. Had to get flashed via edl
    The new version is almost ready everything is working except the hbm mode from the fod (working on it). The batterylife is good too. Maybe you will get a selinux strict build.

Now comes a question. Should I build ForkLineage instead of Lineage? It offers faceunlock, extended screenshot and some minor changes but still being lineage.
    Also if you wish, I can provide OTA.
    The hbm mode for the fod is now fixed. And the fod is a lot faster now