• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11][UNOFFICAL][tucana] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
Been using this rom for a few weeks now and have ran in to an issue with some calls not coming in. It happens quite random, most incoming calls I get ring fine, even ones that show up as "scam likely", but for some random people their call does not ring at all when they call me and they're sent straight for voicemail.
The only relief to this is that once I call whichever number is facing this issue, the problem is resolved for that number, but it poses an issue for when I'm expecting a call from a number I don't know.
Is anyone else facing a similar issue? I'm on TMobile in the US and I only noticed the issue happening after I installed this rom.

HalArcane

Been using this rom for a few weeks now and have ran in to an issue with some calls not coming in. It happens quite random, most incoming calls I get ring fine, even ones that show up as "scam likely", but for some random people their call does not ring at all when they call me and they're sent straight for voicemail.
The only relief to this is that once I call whichever number is facing this issue, the problem is resolved for that number, but it poses an issue for when I'm expecting a call from a number I don't know.
Is anyone else facing a similar issue? I'm on TMobile in the US and I only noticed the issue happening after I installed this rom.
That's strange, I do have the possible spam warning but I am able to answer all the calls without problems on my end. Other than the freezing every now and then and the fingerprint sensor working 3/10 this rom is perfect on my device, heck even with those short comings is better than miui

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
That's strange, I do have the possible spam warning but I am able to answer all the calls without problems on my end. Other than the freezing every now and then and the fingerprint sensor working 3/10 this rom is perfect on my device, heck even with those short comings is better than miui
It's indeed very strange, any call I receive that actually rings on the phone, I can answer it and both sides hear fine, it's just completely random people (in my mom's recent case, a job interview :/) and according to them it doesn't ring even one time, they get sent straight to voicemail.
I'm talking to TMobile right now to see if there's anything they can do, I may go and just get a new sim.

alibei

Is fixed in the next update

alibei

Fingerprint is working much more reliable in the next update and no freeze anymore

HalArcane

I don't know if this is an unintended feature of the ROM, but wanted to let you know guys that for whatever reason Google photos app seem to believe my phone is a pixel device and is giving me free unlimited storage. Which, you know, is great since I was actually going to buy a data plan because I take tons of pictures

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210817-091438_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20210817-091438_Photos.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 59

alibei

I don't know if this is an unintended feature of the ROM, but wanted to let you know guys that for whatever reason Google photos app seem to believe my phone is a pixel device and is giving me free unlimited storage. Which, you know, is great since I was actually going to buy a data plan because I take tons of pictures
The pixel fingerprint is used to bypass safetynet. Also it enables that feature

Reactions: HalArcane

HalArcane

I'm on an old version, lineage_tucana-userdebug 11 RQ2A.210405.005 eng.alibei.20210416.200934 test-keys can I still just follow the regular update procedure or am I better off doing everything from begging?

Does the phone freezes on that version? How's the finger print?

I'm asking because on the latest version phone has a bug, it freezes 2 or 3 times per day and you have to force restart. Finger print isn't great either.

And because of the developer getting a new phone these bugs will not be fixed, there is no new version coming, so if you don't have any of those bugs, you're better with that version.

And also, of you don't have those bugs please tell me exactly what version are you running so I can use it

alibei

Sad news. My device broke again while charging. Idk if I will repair it or if I will buy me a new device. The new trees are uploaded to github/gitlab. The new trees are not stable but if someone wants to fix it, the crash log is included in the device tree.
I'm planning to repair my device

Archantiumm

Jun 20, 2021
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
I now have incoming call issues (was the first time). The dialer app just crashed and I received a call. I was then not able to open the dialer app anymore and was forced to reboot (Waited for a call from my lawer, otherwise I would never have noticed it directly)

After the reboot it works again. I tried to pull the logcat after the call but its not in there anymore and now I cant reproduce it.

Edit: damn I cant reproduce it, I now tried all. Its propably some stupid standby issue when you have airplane mode enabled and then disable it..... But I have no Idea. I will try some more hours today and tomorrow to reproduce it. I also experienced that issue on the Poco F3 with LOS, maybe its an Lineage issue, that is not phone specific, but really rare (I used the mi note 10 pro for weeks without this issue happening)

Last edited:

tgois

Oct 12, 2021
Hi,

i am trying to install this Rom and i'm stuck at flashing TWRP.

I unlocked usb debug and oem unlock, then i restart into fastboot.

i do fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, it says that sending and writing was okay. But everytime i reboot into recovery, i get the Miui recovery tool.

Can you tell me what i forgot to do?

Thanks!

Archantiumm

Jun 20, 2021
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
Hi,

i am trying to install this Rom and i'm stuck at flashing TWRP.

I unlocked usb debug and oem unlock, then i restart into fastboot.

i do fastboot flash recovery twrp.img, it says that sending and writing was okay. But everytime i reboot into recovery, i get the Miui recovery tool.

Can you tell me what i forgot to do?

Thanks!
try to do fastboot boot twrp.img and then transfer twrp to your phone and flash the image from withhin the temporary booted twrp instance.

If that does not work then you propably have not used the miflash tool to unlock bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you Alibei as I wrote before under Cipher 12 Nice system but I had problem with gapps and the phone got bootloop. The best thing - i guess- If the system including the gapps. Anyway those huge quick tiles terrible. :D
    I fixed the cipher gapps today. These huge quick tiles are the aosp design also los will come with them
    Very old... project stopped?
    The phone of the developer broke and it took some time to fix it. After that android 12 came out, so he see seems to be focusing on that rom now
    yUIn6TF.png

Code:
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Working:

• AOD
    • Audio
    • Boot
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Flash
    • FOD
    • GPS
    • Hotspot
    • Quick charge (almost 30W)
    • RIL
    • SafteyNet gets bypassed without using magisk
    • Selinux is strict (not permissive)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Widevine L1 (for example 1080p Netflix)
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Display

Bugs so far:

• AOD has a unlock issue (blackscreen) if AntiFlicker is enabled
    • If you find one take a logcat when the error occurs. If you don't know how to take a logcat, take a look here. Then write me a PM. Also please tell me if you have gapps/magisk installed, which version and how to reproduce the bug.

Changelog:
    • You can find the changelog here
    The next update is based on prebuilt android 11 kernel and vendor😊. I will release it in the next few days.
    Just as a status update for you. The stability issue is now fixed. The FOD is now flicker free. Only colors getting slightly distorted when you press the FOD. This is because the device uses now dc dimming to dim down around the fingerprint reader. Also, FOD does not work with AOD (fingerprint reader brightness does not go up), have to look into this more. Widevine L1 is not working, only L3 (working on this). Also, I'm working on getting SafteyNet bypassed without using Magisk.
    My device is now unbricked. Had to get flashed via edl
    The new version is almost ready everything is working except the hbm mode from the fod (working on it). The batterylife is good too. Maybe you will get a selinux strict build.

Now comes a question. Should I build ForkLineage instead of Lineage? It offers faceunlock, extended screenshot and some minor changes but still being lineage.
    Also if you wish, I can provide OTA.
    The hbm mode for the fod is now fixed. And the fod is a lot faster now